Forum

Discussion Thread: s20 unlocks

Created 14th December 2014 @ 20:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

hr

Quoted from filterboy

Oh my god. I mean EU CompTF2 “was” known for his strict whitelists.
But EU CompTF2 is more like American shit right now.
:/

Quoted from baccart

It feels like pubs and ESEA are becoming more and more an aspirations for ETF2L.

Why all the NA hate? The NA scene has usually been more interesting for me and usually higher level than EU.

Arthur

WM

The thing is though, you could run two snipers, and if they where good they could tear it up. But your mobility would none, and your ability to counter a rush, especially an ubered rush would be none. Same with two medics two pyros, its good until they get through, then you don’t have the damage output to clean up.

I honestly think that if you removed all classlimits, peoples offclassing would change barely at all. The biggest thing I can think of is having two engineers to build a sentry faster, but if you caught them building you would get two free picks for the price of one, so even that has its risk.

baccart

IsF:LT

Quoted from hr

[…]

[…]
Why all the NA hate? The NA scene has usually been more interesting for me and usually higher level than EU.

What works for paid league not necessarily will for free league. Of course people won’t troll that much when they paid to play, but in free league…

CHERRY

Quoted from baccart

[…]

What works for paid league not necessarily will for free league. Of course people won’t troll that much when they paid to play, but in free league…

If they troll instead of playing to win just wreck them :o

baccart

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]

The point is to have a good game. We don’t need divisions if we want to win, we can all go div6 and win all games, but what we want is a good, interesting, close games. Who cares that we still win, but the experience is ruined (atleast for me). Yeah you can laugh once or twice, but after that it becomes irritating and boring.
We join different divisions to match against same level teams to have close and interesting games.

Last edited by baccart,

Collaide

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]

CHERRY

Quoted from baccart

[…]

The point is to have a good game. We don’t need divisions if we want to win, we can all go div6 and win all games, but what we want is a good, interesting, close games. Who cares that we still win, but the experience is ruined (atleast for me). Yeah you can laugh once or twice, but after that it becomes irritating and boring.
We join different divisions to match against same level teams to have close and interesting games.

Well I don’t see them joining high divs if they don’t play to winning. It’ll be a novelty first and then everyone will just play.

baccart

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
Well I don’t see them joining high divs if they don’t play to winning. It’ll be a novelty first and then everyone will just play.

I think here our opinions are different and won’t easily change. I respect your opinion and I think that there are many more that are thinking like you and I’m totaly fine with that. I just wanted to say my opinion. Fore me good match > victory.

hr

Quoted from baccart

[…]

I don’t think it’s relevant that it’s a paid league. Most of the people that play ETF2L put many hours into the game so it’s clearly important to them so I think the money aspect in terms of tryharding or not trolling is irrelevant.

And also if you’re banning weapons not because they’re imbalanced or bad for the game but simply because you think people will troll with them then that’s just wrong. Not to mention the fact that people will probably mess around with new weapons in mixes and then go back to playing with their cookie cutter stuff after a few days if that’s what works best.

filterboy

Quoted from hr

[…]
I don’t think it’s relevant that it’s a paid league. Most of the people that play ETF2L put many hours into the game so it’s clearly important to them so I think the money aspect in terms of tryharding or not trolling is irrelevant.

And also if you’re banning weapons not because they’re imbalanced or bad for the game but simply because you think people will troll with them then that’s just wrong. Not to mention the fact that people will probably mess around with new weapons in mixes and then go back to playing with their cookie cutter stuff after a few days if that’s what works best.

If you want to play with that kind of Weapons why don’t you just get to UGC?

CHERRY

Quoted from filterboy

[…]

With weapons like DH or Scottish Resistance? UGC has way way more liberal whitelis and it’s a joke in 6s.

baccart

“No league for old player” (2014) imdb 3.3/10 rating

Will we leave no choice for players that like a kinda vanilla competitive tf2?

hr

Quoted from filterboy

[…]

No-one plays UGC for one thing so the competition is non existent. They also allow weapons which are bad for the game like quick fix. I’d gladly play NA ESEA over ETF2L as I think it does a lot of things better i.e winlimit, 1 map a week, better whitelist, better skill level.

Arthur

WM

Maybe the pocketpistol could be allowed also in order to stop too many scouts ragequitting the game xD

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

i dont see why this is causing so much fuss
these unlocks make next to no difference apart from maybe the shortstop (i havent actually used it, but it looks pretty good)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »