mzn
DBLE

pls no direct hit.. to op :(

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Yuval

pls no direct hit.. to op :(

Don’t you think if it was good then b4nny’s team would use it?

Collaide

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

Scottish Resistance is not an offensive weapon. It’s defensive. If you run Scottish Resistance, you shouldn’t really be in a position where a scout can rush you without your team stopping them…besides, detonation time shouldn’t matter when setting up a trap. In DM fights, yeah, it’s bad, but if you’re setting up a trap, odds are you’re going to have to wait a few seconds before someone walks over it anyway. And if that trap doesn’t work? You can have another trap waiting for them. It’s not about setting up traps fast, it’s about being able to set up more than one. Scottish Resistance dominates the sticky launcher in every aspect when it comes to defence, especially when you’re playing with a team that can communicate, I’m surprised people assume it’s bad.

Dominates it in every accept except…. m1+m2 sticky spam :) :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited by Collaide,

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

Ye I mean as we all know with ESEA’s whitelist we see so many games where these clearly broken unlocks are abused to make the game unfun and dull I mean every ESEA game I’ve ever watched with its current whitelist lasted the full hour because of the double DH solly and deadringer spy offclasses every round.

Lmao.

There is some broken shit like the QF and BFB that shouldn’t be allowed but on the whole 90% of the unlocks are underwhelming as shit. I like that ETF2L is doing stuff in bits so that stuff that could be abused doesn’t get under the radar. I don;t think these are going to change the meta too much. DH is viable but it definitely isn’t a weapon that’s too good not to use and you can counter it pretty easily by thinking and maybe not bombing players into a soldier that’s better at denying them and just winning the spam fight against the soldier that’s bad at it instead?

filterboy

Oh my god. I mean EU CompTF2 “was” known for his strict whitelists.
But EU CompTF2 is more like American shit right now.
:/

Twiggy

swole.
HL

Quoted from Zesty

Ye I mean as we all know with ESEA’s whitelist we see so many games where these clearly broken unlocks are abused to make the game unfun and dull I mean every ESEA game I’ve ever watched with its current whitelist lasted the full hour because of the double DH solly and deadringer spy offclasses every round.

Lmao.

There is some broken shit like the QF and BFB that shouldn’t be allowed but on the whole 90% of the unlocks are underwhelming as shit. I like that ETF2L is doing stuff in bits so that stuff that could be abused doesn’t get under the radar. I don;t think these are going to change the meta too much. DH is viable but it definitely isn’t a weapon that’s too good not to use and you can counter it pretty easily by thinking and maybe not bombing players into a soldier that’s better at denying them and just winning the spam fight against the soldier that’s bad at it instead?

+1 :)

To follow this idea, i’d like to see the vaccinator allowed, as it’s clearly not as gamebreaking as the quickfix and yet it can have a slight edge in the correct moments (last holds)

rot

fuck no

baccart

IsF:LT

It is clear that our 6v6 community is changing their point of view on how competitive TF2 should look like. It feels like pubs and ESEA are becoming more and more an aspirations for ETF2L.

MY OPINION ONLY:

I feel like most of these unlocks won’t change anything and it’s like a subtle message to VALVE:”Hey look, we’re letting to use more weapons. Could you support us now?”
But I doubt they will hear or do anything about it.
ETF2L admins should make priorities straight:
a) Allow new unlocks to tempt new players to join 6v6
b) Try to maintain 6v6 as serious as possible, because that’s what most old players want
From my point of view it is very unlikely to accomplish both at the same time.

Yesterday I watched our glory prem players to play with all the crazy unlocks and it was fun for a while and then got boring and even irritative to watch all those gimmicks in action. It felt more like a warm-up, Highlander or some small pub THAN HIGHEST LEVEL TF2.

I don’t think that it is good for our community which now splits into 2 camps:
a) F**k old stuff, we want new and fresh 6v6
b) Don’t make 6v6 a bigger joke than it is right now

And I have to join camp b. We are pretty huge but we should not sell out ourselves. We never will be that huge competitive game and we should stay to the roots, don’t eliminate things that let us love 6v6 format in the first place. We (actually I) want TF2 to be based on skill as much as possible and least on random stuff and gimmicks.

Please save TF2, it’s not dead yet.

*MY OPINION ONLY…

-baccart

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

Quoted from Twiggy

[…]

+1 :)

To follow this idea, i’d like to see the vaccinator allowed, as it’s clearly not as gamebreaking as the quickfix and yet it can have a slight edge in the correct moments (last holds)

Only problem with vaccinator is it stops crits working when you’re not ubered, (it makes crits do normal damage against that damage type) so its very abusable against kritz and means that you can’t be killed by headshots (but who offclasses to sniper against vaccinator?) which is a problem
However its still not that great because more than 1 damage type exists. The kritz thing might be a problem but crits do remove vaccinator uber when it is popped, however not popping the uber still means you take only 80-100 damage from crit stickies.
Also popping vaccinator uber removes jarate so that should be taken into consideration if jarate gets allowed

I don’t think we shouldn’t allow vaccinator based on this but most people don’t know about these bugs with it so it’s something we should consider before hand :)

Quoted from baccart

It is clear that our 6v6 community is changing their point of view on how competitive TF2 should look like. It feels like pubs and ESEA are becoming more and more an aspirations for ETF2L.

MY OPINION ONLY:

I feel like most of these unlocks won’t change anything and it’s like a subtle message to VALVE:”Hey look, we’re letting to use more weapons. Could you support us now?”
But I doubt they will hear or do anything about it.
ETF2L admins should make priorities straight:
a) Allow new unlocks to tempt new players to join 6v6
b) Try to maintain 6v6 as serious as possible, because that’s what most old players want
From my point of view it is very unlikely to accomplish both at the same time.

Yesterday I watched our glory prem players to play with all the crazy unlocks and it was fun for a while and then got boring and even irritative to watch all those gimmicks in action. It felt more like a warm-up, Highlander or some small pub THAN HIGHEST LEVEL TF2.

I don’t think that it is good for our community which now splits into 2 camps:
a) F**k old stuff, we want new and fresh 6v6
b) Don’t make 6v6 a bigger joke than it is right now

And I have to join camp b. We are pretty huge but we should not sell out ourselves. We never will be that huge competitive game and we should stay to the roots, don’t eliminate things that let us love 6v6 format in the first place. We (actually I) want TF2 to be based on skill as much as possible and least on random stuff and gimmicks.

Please save TF2, it’s not dead yet.

*MY OPINION ONLY…

-baccart

I think the players were messing around with the unlocks for a while but I think if we got the ESEA whitelist all at once then we’d have some of this but things would settle back into pretty much the old meta once people got serious and actually wanted to win their officials. Not allowing weapons because they encourage people to play in a silly way isn’t something I think we should really care about because although it might be annoying to be market gardened by someone using a rocket jumper it doesn’t slow the game down to the point of distraction and it’s probably not going to win the enemy team an official. If there are players playing to troll and you’re at the same skill level as them you’ll probably beat them unless the unlocks allowed are actually unbalanced or stalematey. Basically just because dumb unlocks are there it doesn’t mean you have to use them full time and you’re probably fucking your team if you do, and the sort of person that’s going to do that is probably not good to have on your team in any case.

Last edited by Zesty,

baccart

Quoted from Zesty

[…]

I can only be sorry for low div teams. Since there a lot of HL players, when things don’t go well:”Let’s make enemy team mad.” I bet playing against mixes wouldn’t be that fun when you’re winning and there 2-4 mins left. Even now, I see how enemies react when they’re loosing.

Unlocks shouldn’t be added to give tools for trolls.

Arthur

WM

I think the problem with the showmatches (as a display of what tf2 would look like no whitelist) is that it was too much at once. I like the idea of adding a dozen weapons or so at a time, ultimately I would like to see all weapons allowed but this would throw the current meta against the wall pretty hard. I think if a dozen or so unlocks are trialed and hopefully let in each season, people can adapt there strategies as we go, rather than removing the whitelist and everybody goes back to the drawing board.

Personally I think the harder thing to get people to remove is the class limits, but honestly I don’t think things would change much if classlimits where removed.

Last edited by Arthur,

baccart

Random idea: limit the time offclass can be used.

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

If class limits were removed entirely you could go a round up and play with 2 engies, 2 meds and 2 pyros or something similar on last. That doesn’t sound like a huge amount of fun to me and I think class limits is something valve should have added to pubs in the beginning. I understand class limits on stuff like spy/sniper is restrictive but I can totally understand why people do it, having lots of the same class that’s really good at their job (like pyros and engies when holding and demos and meds when pushing) is just the best option and I honestly think the ensuing spam or turtle fest is far less fun to watch and play than actual 6es. Less restrictive class limits could work for sure, I think none at all is problematic.

stuntz

How about class limit 1 in 6v6, mini-highlander that would bring some variety.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 12 Next »