Forum

Discussion Thread: s20 unlocks

Created 14th December 2014 @ 20:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 12 Next »

Bona

PMW

Quoted from retz

[…]

In my opinion it can be way better, the only downside it has is the slower detonation time, compared to the fact that you can literally nullify stickytraps, you can use the separated sticky dets in many efficient ways, 14 stickies, shoot them faster, you can also see your own through walls.
I think the upsides might be a bit better than the downside it has

It takes away the entire DM aspect of stickies. aka sticky spamming/sniping, no quick traps etc, the SR is only good for holding area’s.

retz

Quoted from rytis

[…]
in no way shape or form the scottish resistance is better than the sticky launcher

I wouldn’t definetly say “in no way shape or form”, all weapons have their situational efficiency, I just think the scottish resistence has it more than other unlocks, although overall stock weapons are usually the best.

Last edited by retz,

retz

Quoted from Bona

[…]
It takes away the entire DM aspect of stickies. aka sticky spamming/sniping, no quick traps etc, the SR is only good for holding area’s.

I’m comfortable saying that putting traps with the SR is quicker rather than the stock

Popcorp

Scot. Res. could be good for Last defense, you can trap Point, Shutter, chokes, all entrances to last, you’re basically controlling whole last (depends on map ofc)

cirlo

cirlo

Just watch these videos and learn the new demo’s meta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFiF7o_Tzfk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtP7AUoC1dk

Tuffy

pd!

Wrangler OR rescue ranger for engi. Engi is actually pointless in 6v6 except for changing for 3 sec the focus of the other team. Add just one of those weapon will actually diversify the gameplay without broking it. (Adding both weapon will totally break it but just one will just help the engi a bit.)

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Quoted from Tuffy

Wrangler OR rescue ranger for engi. Engi is actually pointless in 6v6 except for changing for 3 sec the focus of the other team. Add just one of those weapon will actually diversify the gameplay without broking it. (Adding both weapon will totally break it but just one will just help the engi a bit.)

wrangler would be op, dont know about rescue ranger, its probably ok/good
so not sure, and engineer is not useless if you play it right LOL

Collaide

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

I’d rather not allow a weapon that only has one impact – slow the game down. Call me crazy.

Ban building PDA & Minigun too plz. Or just ban heavy & engie.

Quoted from retz

[…]
I’m comfortable saying that putting traps with the SR is quicker rather than the stock

Detonation time though. If a scouts is rushing you straight away you are instantly dead. What is the point of putting traps up fast if you can’t det them fast too? I don’t even know.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Popcorp

Scot. Res. could be good for Last defense, you can trap Point, Shutter, chokes, all entrances to last, you’re basically controlling whole last (depends on map ofc)

yet it still has a much slower detonation time, which definetly will fuck up the timing of the detonations.

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

No gunslinger?

Selek

Dr. med.

Have any of the “oh no, Direct Hit, Cowmangler etc. OP” people actually played with/against it in 6s? It has been allowed in ESEA for a long time and I don’t see it being considered too strong there at all. The Liberty Launcher might be annoying, but the lower damage is significant. It’s not even fun playing with it in pubs, imho.

The Scottish Resistance might be a backup strategy should Valve’s sticky nerf ever come (or last holds, as has been mentioned).

The Ambassador is very interesting, I have yet to see it being too strong in 6s as well. You do need more than one click to kill a Medic with it, after all.

I would agree with unlocking all the weapons on the list.

Meeto

Quoted from Collaide

[…]
Detonation time though. If a scouts is rushing you straight away you are instantly dead. What is the point of putting traps up fast if you can’t det them fast too? I don’t even know.

Scottish Resistance is not an offensive weapon. It’s defensive. If you run Scottish Resistance, you shouldn’t really be in a position where a scout can rush you without your team stopping them…besides, detonation time shouldn’t matter when setting up a trap. In DM fights, yeah, it’s bad, but if you’re setting up a trap, odds are you’re going to have to wait a few seconds before someone walks over it anyway. And if that trap doesn’t work? You can have another trap waiting for them. It’s not about setting up traps fast, it’s about being able to set up more than one. Scottish Resistance dominates the sticky launcher in every aspect when it comes to defence, especially when you’re playing with a team that can communicate, I’m surprised people assume it’s bad.

Arthur

WM

I approve of all the adds, and think if you add the DH you should add the loch and load too. Also why not add all the weapons people wont use anyway, like the airstrike, manmelter, phlog, etc.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Back to Vanilla?

Last edited by JackyLegs,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 12 Next »