Forum

End of the Line update is here!

Created 9th December 2014 @ 05:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Starkie

we get it, you dont like it, you can shut up now

I said I didn’t like it, I just explained why and responded to people. Nobody forced you to read it nerd ;))

Freddy

Quoted from oxocuboid

[…]

For the last time, Steel isn’t complicated.

Cap other points: Make E easier.
Cap E: Win game.

On topic: I thought the movie was overhyped but fine. No complaints really because I wasn’t expecting much.

i dont remember ever saying that steel is complicated???? thanks for putting words in my mouth. Also its easy to say NOW that steel is easy, but what about the first time you played it? i bet it took you a long time to fully understand it

you cant seriously keep a straight face while defending this…steel is still way more confusing than snowplow for new players. Theres a reason why every time the map is played in your average pub, more than half of the players will just wander aimlessly around with no clue whats going on. Their reason for not adding snowplow is simply illogical and laughable

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I actually agree with Scissors, I was watching the movie thinking, “ok when does it get amusing / interesting / awesome?” I think for it to be pushed with an official update and to have Valve backing, it has to be better than any other SFM movie that’s been on youtube for months. And it just wasn’t.

And I’m not saying that it didn’t take a whole lot of skill and time and effort, far more than I have, but it wasn’t good enough to be pushed with an update. If it hadn’t been linked to valve then I would have closed the tab before the end, I was bored.

frixx

LG

Quoted from Sideshow

I would have closed the tab before the end, I was bored.

wtf sideshow, there was a pyro chasing a white kitty in the snow. In what possible way could you be bored?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from frixx

[…]

wtf sideshow, there was a pyro chasing a white kitty in the snow. In what possible way could you be bored?

I enjoyed the pyro cameos, and the kitten/orphanage bit gave me a giggle, but other than that I really was struggling to sit through all 15 minutes of it.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Since when did ubers stop trains.

konr

Quoted from Enef

Since when did ubers stop trains.

You don’t die if you are ubered and a train hits you though right? You just get pushed to the end of the track by the train. Not that off I guess.

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

i think for a community made movie its fine i actually enjoyed it,
and also i don’t get why people are annoyed about all the hats and misc items every christmas update is the same its only ever hats miscs and minor bug fixes its never anything major, i know that in itself can be annoying but i never expected anything else anyway

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from konr

[…]You don’t die if you are ubered and a train hits you though right? You just get pushed to the end of the track by the train. Not that off I guess.

Nah, you get killed.

Both players are still vulnerable to telefragging and certain environmental effects – namely saw blades, trains, and pitfalls, but not drowning or fall damage.

(https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/%C3%9CberCharge search for “train”)

(ps hi everyone)

Last edited by Enef,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from birdy

i think for a community made movie its fine i actually enjoyed it,
and also i don’t get why people are annoyed about all the hats and misc items every christmas update is the same its only ever hats miscs and minor bug fixes its never anything major, i know that in itself can be annoying but i never expected anything else anyway

some of us expect quality

You remember back when everybody used to respect Valve and treat it as the next coming of Christ?

Yea, they turned a full 180 on that

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

so where is the update? also this snowplow map is pretty fun to play, dunno why it wasn’t released officially.

Last edited by Toba,

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]
some of us expect quality

You remember back when everybody used to respect Valve and treat it as the next coming of Christ?

Yea, they turned a full 180 on that

don’t overhype things in your mind don’t get upset when things don’t live up to lofty expectations that exist in your head

oxocuboid

(ETF2L Donator)
LOOΠΔ

Quoted from birdy

[…]

don’t overhype things in your mind don’t get upset when things don’t live up to lofty expectations that exist in your head

Pretty much. I liked the movie and frankly I don’t see this update as some sort of massive middle finger from Valve like everyone else seems to be thinking and it’s probably because I gave 0 fucks about the hype of EOTL.

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

Quoted from oxocuboid

[…]

Pretty much. I liked the movie and frankly I don’t see this update as some sort of massive middle finger from Valve like everyone else seems to be thinking and it’s probably because I gave 0 fucks about the hype of EOTL.

exactly

4hp

Quoted from Freddy

Fact of the matter is that McVee and co. spent so much time and effort making that movie, just to have it be completely overshadowed by literally one of the shittiest and most lackluster updates in a very long time. This update is basically just a joke with the community as its victim.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »