Forum

#tf2.euhl - The Highlander Community Channel

Created 6th October 2014 @ 14:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Oupa

Nave

Quoted from Tseini

[…]
His demo wasn’t even requested nor under investigation wich makes his ban quite a big banter

If thats true and ppl think the ban was because “he shared one of his demos” im sure theres more to that story.Anyway its completely retarded to talk about it if none of us has the facts about what exactly was the reason for his ban.
All i can say is that i enjoy it.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Oupa

If thats true and ppl think the ban was because “he shared one of his demos” im sure theres more to that story.Anyway its completely retarded to talk about it if none of us has the facts about what exactly was the reason for his ban.
All i can say is that i enjoy it.

A player that was apparently being investigated could be seen doing some fishy shit in the corner of the demo for a few seconds, which seems to be why he got banned for showing us, despite the fact that it was one of our very own players that brought attention to the issue in the first place. It was never even mentioned that he was being investigated, and besides, Breakfast for example had demos showing the very same thing happening, so quintosh just wanted to show us that it happened for him too.

It’s not like we can’t replace quintosh, I am just mad because I think it’s fucking ridiculous how ETF2L takes away someone who has been serving under them and helping them for a long times ability to play the game he spends so much time on, just so they can make a statement about how “WE DONT TOLERATE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION LEAKS HURRRRRR LOOK WE BANNED SOMEONE TO PROVE IT”.

Literally fucking idiots.

#freebinto2015

stephen

Quoted from Tseini

quite a big banter

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

A player that was apparently being investigated could be seen doing some fishy shit in the corner of the demo for a few seconds, which seems to be why he got banned for showing us, despite the fact that it was one of our very own players that brought attention to the issue in the first place. It was never even mentioned that he was being investigated, and besides, Breakfast for example had demos showing the very same thing happening, so quintosh just wanted to show us that it happened for him too.

It’s not like we can’t replace quintosh, I am just mad because I think it’s fucking ridiculous how ETF2L takes away someone who has been serving under them and helping them for a long times ability to play the game he spends so much time on, just so they can make a statement about how “WE DONT TOLERATE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION LEAKS HURRRRRR LOOK WE BANNED SOMEONE TO PROVE IT”.

Literally fucking idiots.

#freebinto2015

Pretty sure there is more to that story.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from DCS

Pretty sure there is more to that story.

What else did he “leak” other than that 8 second video of his own demo???

repu

Quoted from Scissors

What else did he “leak” other than that 8 second video of his own demo???

not saying that he did, but he could have leaked to others than you.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from repu

not saying that he did, but he could have leaked to others than you.

Yeah, he posted it in mumble after we were talking about one of the enemy players doing something fishy. Once again, a part of his own demo from a game we all played. We have all experienced it while playing, most of us have demos where it happens, yet he is the only one who can’t show it, despite he wasn’t even in AC anymore

firej

Its his own demo anyways. No matter what happens, he should be allowed to show his own demo to anyone he wants…

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Yeah, he posted it in mumble after we were talking about one of the enemy players doing something fishy. Once again, a part of his own demo from a game we all played. We have all experienced it while playing, most of us have demos where it happens, yet he is the only one who can’t show it, despite he wasn’t even in AC anymore

Rule one about being an AC admin is that you are not allowed to reveal sensitive information within AC cases. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve worked in the AC staff or how valuable you are/were, leaking is strictly forbidden. I can assure you that nobody in the staff appreciated that the video was briefly public before it was made private. The most important reason is that once you leak something, the information will quickly spread, which it did in this case. Leaks hinder the work of other AC admins and damage the reputation of the league. Due to the nature of the leak not being too serious, his penalty was minimal.

If I talk about AC stuff with friends, I make sure I don’t reveal sensitive information, because doing so will only result in the information spreading. Thus, it’s poor judgement to do so, and poor judgement usually lead to some sort of consequence.

WML

Anyway…a question about the irc channel. Is it mainly aimed at players in higher divs just to chat among themselves, or are lower div players free to join in and maybe even ask questions?

Heavy – ETF2L Season 7 – Division 6C – 3rd Place
Just laugh :^)

Still not over that yet Solid XD

Last edited by WML,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from WML

Anyway…a question about the irc channel. Is it mainly aimed at players in higher divs just to chat among themselves, or are lower div players free to join in and maybe even ask questions?

Just join, nobody bites :)

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

All HL players are welcome to join.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3