Forum

can we please get a new HL mix site?

Created 27th June 2014 @ 20:56

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

nevier

(XD ͜ʖXD)

the #tf2.mix.euhl is dead i guess and this tf2center mix thingy is a bit weird too.
is there already a new HL mix site (maybe i missed this) or is nobody interested in some nice challenging mixes anymore?
i enjoyed the #tf2.mix.euhl. maybe we can revive it?

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

tf2pickup.net supports highlander. People just need to use it

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Would be cool, the easy mixes really do live up to their name :^)

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Beater

tf2pickup.net supports highlander. People just need to use it

+1

Collaide

Quoted from Max

[…]

+1

1+1

Fuxx

REMOVE

Getting a HL mix in IRC is bloody aids, what are you smoking?

The HL community is far smaller than the 6v6 community and more people are needed, there is a serious overflow of snipers and spies refusing to offclass for the mix’s sake, organization is more difficult, higher chance of unreliable people not joining, barely anyone enthusiastic enough to visit it more than a couple of times (and with good reason).

All of this just contributes to it taking a long ass time and being aids. Easy mixes, albeit having the downside of occasional spam, is vastly superior in every way.

e: also no one told me tf2pickup is still alive nor that it supports other modes and I used to do 6v6 in it

Has whoever runs it thought of advertising a bit more?

Last edited by Fuxx,

Collaide

Quoted from Fuxx

Getting a HL mix in IRC is bloody aids, what are you smoking?

The HL community is far smaller than the 6v6 community and more people are needed, there is a serious overflow of snipers and spies refusing to offclass for the mix’s sake, organization is more difficult, higher chance of unreliable people not joining, barely anyone enthusiastic enough to visit it more than a couple of times (and with good reason).

All of this just contributes to it taking a long ass time and being aids. Easy mixes, albeit having the downside of occasional spam, is vastly superior in every way.

e: also no one told me tf2pickup is still alive nor that it supports other modes and I used to do 6v6 in it

Has whoever runs it thought of advertising a bit more?

They have a thread and they are sponsoring etf2l competitions? What more do you want them to do?

Last edited by Collaide,

Jaakarhu

what ever happened to #tf2.mix.euhl? one day the servers didnt work. soon after that it just died.

Last edited by Jaakarhu,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Maybe it’s just me being completely accustomed to the publicity but I don’t recall ever having seen the site’s name around here.

Isn’t it obvious that if there is a lack of people, as insinuated by Beater (and confirmed by me visiting the site just now and seeing them have 35 people online, less than 10% of tf2center’s average population) then it’s because they’re doing something wrong in being both accessible and common knowledge to the people?

I don’t know how they can publicize themselves, maybe invite a ton of people to a steamgroup and do occasional events?

Or you can continue to pretend that what they’re doing simply works and nothing gets changed at all. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Fuxx,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

We’re still developing scrim and serious mix features on TF2Center.
Most work is currently being done on the backend, but the plans have been laid out and hopefully we can show something soon.

jakeowaty

Quoted from Jaakarhu

what ever happened to #tf2.mix.euhl? one day the servers didnt work. soon after that it just died.

Hajdzik, who used to monger over the irc has lost patience and left. Servers were fixed, but no one really cared anymore, since the season was at it’s end and people were fed up with HL. Simple as that, though probably Hajdzik has the best up to date version of events.

I’d also suggest people using TF2Pickup.net. Wiethoofd complains to me that no one wants to play it like I’m some sort of ambassador for HL. It’s a cool site, free of charge and with servers already, so there is no reason not to try it out. Seriously.

http://tf2pickup.net/

Last edited by jakeowaty,

Linus

[d¿s]

play pub

EmilioEstevez

GG

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahjhko7fIw92dGFYRUVVYy1yNGNReXV6TW9FNnlxa1E#gid=2

Still exists. I always preferred the spreadsheet, it eliminated a lot of the waiting for these things to start.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

I think the main reason that the IRC mix died is that exam period started and less players were willing to spend their free time on this game

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

we have an etf2l thread, were we posted announcements etc, for example when we made our tip of the hats event, this also was pretty much the only time when highlander pickups happened.
Just not that many events happening lately due to me having exams etc.
Also wiethoofd made an truetf2 reddit post earlier. http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/28aswt/tf2pickupnet_web_based_european_highlander_6v6/
And when we launched the current design with the other gamemodes, we did exactly this, writing in thread, making announcements in steam group etc.

I don’t know what exactly you want us to do, spam our thread every single day to annoy people, spam people with announcements in our groups etc? We’re happy if you want to work with us on promotion.

Anyways, we would really love to see the Highlander part of TF2Pickup growing!

And pls, don’t compare us with tf2center, getting tired of it. read the reddit post if you want to do so.

Last edited by Kuferl,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »