Forum

Is demoknight a gimmick class?

Created 26th June 2014 @ 03:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Freddy

Is he – yes or no? and why?

do you think Tide Turner has changed that, or has it just made him more annoying while letting him remain a gimmick class?

also, what do people think about Tide Turner? Please dont tell me im the only one who thinks its broken as fuck, I have seen so many people say its completely fine and 100% turning should be all on all shields n shit that I have lost god knows how many braincells (not that I had many in the first place).

What is your definition of “viable” – can demoknight ever be viable in 6v6 without making everyone so annoyed that they quit the game?

Last edited by Freddy,

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

Yes, stickies have more damage, doesn’t matter what shield you use.

Freddy

can people also define what exactly they think a gimmick class is? ive always found it to be a vague definition and have had trouble explaining it in short words.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

It’s a gimmick when it’s not actually viable, but works in certain situations and/or against bad players.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Rake

It’s a gimmick when it’s not actually viable, but works in certain situations and/or against bad players.

Pretty much this. And as long as demo stays as it is right now (which will hopefully be long), I don’t see any reason to swap out the damage output of the sticky launcher, for an ineffective pick-class.

4hp

Demoknights are irritating. As pyro I’m pretty much the hard counter to them and I’m still irritated that I have to take time off my life to fight them. But they’re not actually useful to their team.

Kaneco

yes

yes, it is also shit and makes the game less fun

Zer0

The answer to this is: Yes.
Why?
Well this is why:
A demoman’s wepon of use was suppose to be the Grenade Launcher. Buth people saw the power of “spam” with Sticky Launcher and abused it. That is why it got nerfed. Buth what about the “shileds”. Well they are not a weapon buth a “bonus” to your demoman. With them you can cower ground fast and long, they give you help in fights with crits and protection, and they are owerall a nice add to your push/defend or something like that.

That brings us to demoknight.
A demoknight is not a guy with a shield charging and trolling around the map, buth its a well rounded way of Demoman. You can use you Grenade Launcher and a melee weapon for better use of it. Especially now when there is Tide Turner. I think that a “Demoknight” should be a way in competitative as it is in normal games. Most people hate a guy turning corners at high speed and one-hit killing someone. Buth if you know hwo to play the Demoknight correctly you are gonna find yourself being a huge credit to your team and will be a powerhouse if doing it correctly.

Manku

Dc
Va\'Se

Quoted from Zer0

The answer to this is: Yes.
Why?
Well this is why:
A demoman’s wepon of use was suppose to be the Grenade Launcher. Buth people saw the power of “spam” with Sticky Launcher and abused it. That is why it got nerfed. Buth what about the “shileds”. Well they are not a weapon buth a “bonus” to your demoman. With them you can cower ground fast and long, they give you help in fights with crits and protection, and they are owerall a nice add to your push/defend or something like that.

That brings us to demoknight.
A demoknight is not a guy with a shield charging and trolling around the map, buth its a well rounded way of Demoman. You can use you Grenade Launcher and a melee weapon for better use of it. Especially now when there is Tide Turner. I think that a “Demoknight” should be a way in competitative as it is in normal games. Most people hate a guy turning corners at high speed and one-hit killing someone. Buth if you know hwo to play the Demoknight correctly you are gonna find yourself being a huge credit to your team and will be a powerhouse if doing it correctly.

First of all, work on your grammar.

Now back on topic: yes

Fuxx

REMOVE

Yes
I’ve played against a team that used a Tide Turner demo and he constantly managed to get the most retarded picks, medic ones included. It nonetheless played virtually zero difference because their lack of proper area denial allowed us to roll them even though they were a similar caliber team.

It’s asinine and rewards a ridiculous way of playing. Even when you’re successful with it you’re still an overall detriment to the team, contributing only to yourself in the form of cheap laughs and nothing more.

Add A Reply Pages: 1