Forum

Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 46 Next »

_Trim

I’m not just being whiny here, I have serious concerns with some of these updates and the only way it will be rectified is if there’s an audible backlash.

The Sticky Launcher, Minigun, and Axtinguisher nerfs are ridiculous and uncalled for. The Demoman needs to have both offensive and defensive capabilities. How do you expect them to destroy sentries now? And airbursting stickies to fight people offensively is an integral tool of the Demoman, and does require skill.

Minigun spinup is essentially a second longer now for all the good you’ll do in the ramp up time. To balance large damage output, we already have spin up time, you don’t need anything else. And now when a Medic Übers a Heavy, you are losing a significant portion of your valuable and limited time.

With the Axtinguisher, how often do you expect to light someone on fire and then be able to melee them from behind? The fire thing kinda alerts them. This completely changes the function and effectiveness of this weapon.

And ultimately, you should not be tampering with stock weapons which have been here, the way they are, since release. Even the Axtinguisher, which has not been here since release, has still been here a long time and this nerf fundamentally changes how it is used.

To share the opinion of another I saw on Spuf, who asked for these nerfs? I’m really hoping the rest of the community is as upset as I am, as it appears they are, and these nerfs will be changed back and left as nothing more than a bad memory.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Linyos

[…]

Seriously? the heavy now got like -50% total damage,because the mini get the total damage AFTER FIRING for 1 second,but if you play heavy,you know that none heavy shoot costantly for long time…so the heavy now is slow,make low damage,cant shoot on long distance etc… nice work

heavy is easy anyways, stop whining

limede

|LP|
Nave

Quoted from Linyos

[…]

Seriously? the heavy now got like -50% total damage,because the mini get the total damage AFTER FIRING for 1 second,but if you play heavy,you know that none heavy shoot costantly for long time…so the heavy now is slow,make low damage,cant shoot on long distance etc… nice work

Well i mean, 1second isn’t that much. i still haven’t played with him, because i can’t atm, but for what it sounds like it won’t change much besides what you said, jumping around the corner is almost useless now.

I still think some shit will still be changed, not how it was before, but we will see.

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

tf2 dead

CPLAY lf demo to finish the season, contact feeling, please know how to hit pipes

HBFS

YUGO

Come on, make this “promod” mod happen before my next official, thx. And ppl saying “u should use pipes” u do realize that u can only load 4 pipes? I mean, even if it’s fucking mightyme with his pipes, what can he do with only 4 fucking pipes loaded?

AnAkkk

I could add a cvar in TFTrue to change back the sticky damage, not sure anyone would use it though.

Sim

(Streamer)
GM

Quoted from AnAkkk

I could add a cvar in TFTrue to change back the sticky damage, not sure anyone would use it though.

depends on whether the demo or scouts have rcon access.

Tenshi

Quoted from AnAkkk

Please do so.
RIGHT NOW.

Pistolvania

Quoted from AnAkkk

I feel that should be standard in tournament mode.

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

Quoted from AnAkkk

Yes!

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from AnAkkk

omg marry me

bub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGRsutsUZqY&index=2&list=PLD29E4C69A74D757E

new meta

Menty

SVIFT
Nein

Quoted from AnAkkk

Yes please my eyes bleed after seeing a sticky doing 20 damage

Linyos

[AM]
DTM

Quoted from AnAkkk

Fix heavy damage too :*

Collaide

Quoted from AnAkkk

Marry me

Quoted from Linyos

[…]

Fix heavy damage too :*

And accuracy please

Last edited by Collaide,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 46 Next »