Forum

Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 43 44 45 46 Next »

mole

Quoted from Candle

Did I say I agree with you? :D

If the axtinguisher was so overpowered, why wasn’t pyro used in 6s?
Oh, wait.. right.. lack of mobility.. and people not running into them, and then simply destroying them from a distance.. yes, that is probably why.

A weapon can be overpowered/imbalanced and still not make an entire class viable. Especially since the weapon in question is a melee wep.

Last edited by mole,

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I don’t dispute you know pyro better than me, however, and looking at your experience you have very little experience in other positions to have a solid notion of how things balance in the game as a whole.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8, I str8 rel8 congratul8, we should try to convers8 often m8.

You don’t have to play a season as that class to know how it works. And since Candle can play many classes in high level(demo being one of them FYI). Your argument is just immidiately invalid. Also taking away a class’ main damage source is pretty stupid.

Kaneco

Quoted from Max

[…]
Your argument is just immidiately invalid. Also taking away a class’ main damage source is pretty stupid.

Sorry but if you’re using or you expect to use your melee weapon as your main damage dealer something is seriously wrong and you should rethink how you play this class or this game, I don’t even care what div you play. That’s just fuckin stupid.

Last edited by Kaneco,

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]
Soldier:
Pain Train is a sidegrade
Escape Plan is a sidegrade
Market Gardener is a sidegrader

Medic:
Ubersaw is a sidegrade
Amputator is a sidegrade
Vitasaw is a sidegrade

Just to rain on your parade a bit there, in comp the market gardener is a straight upgrade and the über saw a defacto upgrade.

Kaneco

Quoted from private_meta

[…]

Just to rain on your parade a bit there, in comp the market gardener is a straight upgrade and the über saw a defacto upgrade.

Thats what he’s saying actually, there are some weapons which are simply upgrades compared to stock. Still doesn’t make it ok to give a free 190 dmg crit even if its an upgrade

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Thats what he’s saying actually, there are some weapons which are simply upgrades compared to stock. Still doesn’t make it ok to give a free 190 dmg crit even if its an upgrade

Its not a free crit though. It is difficult to get into melee range as a pyro without getting absolutely shit on, that’s where the skill lies, not in aiming. Also you main demo, how can you complain about a weapon that offers easy damage with no aim?

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

[…]

Its not a free crit though. It is difficult to get into melee range as a pyro without getting absolutely shit on, that’s where the skill lies, not in aiming. Also you main demo, how can you complain about a weapon that offers easy damage with no aim?

“because that’s what it was designed to do! :o”

Kaneco

Quoted from private_meta

[…]

“because that’s what it was designed to do! :o”

Actually that’s sound reasoning. The class purpose is damage dealing / area denial so it’s only logical that demo weapons will offer advantage in that aspect.

Pyro is not a damage dealing class, it shouldn’t have such a powerful full kritz combo with those 3 weapons, the axtinguisher nerf was logical

My problem isn’t with the axtinguisher particularly, it’s with the full degreaser / flare / axtinguisher combo, that was broken for a long time and finally got fixed, one way or another, it was the axe but it could well have been the flare. You can’t have 2 weapons that reward hits on target with kritz, thats just insane, yeah it makes for some sick plays, but it’s also unbalanced as fuck.

Snooki

VDOH

nvm

Last edited by Snooki,

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Actually that’s sound reasoning. The class purpose is damage dealing / area denial so it’s only logical that demo weapons will offer advantage in that aspect.

Pyro is not a damage dealing class, it shouldn’t have such a powerful full kritz combo with those 3 weapons, the axtinguisher nerf was logical

My problem isn’t with the axtinguisher particularly, it’s with the full degreaser / flare / axtinguisher combo, that was broken for a long time and finally got fixed, one way or another, it was the axe but it could well have been the flare. You can’t have 2 weapons that reward hits on target with kritz, thats just insane, yeah it makes for some sick plays, but it’s also unbalanced as fuck.

The pyro is DESIGNED as the ultimate close range damage dealer and flanker, which is why in my opinion the axtinguisher fits perfectly, whether you use it or not, so let me consider your argument as invalid.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Best thread in ages.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
it’s with the full degreaser / flare / axtinguisher combo, that was broken for a long time

How is it broken, Pyro is one of the lowest damaging and fragging classes in HL and also has poor mobility.

Who is getting shit on by these axtinguisher pyros? I’m really struggling to see how Pyros were in any way overpowered. If anything Pyro is underpowered which is exactly why 90% of pyros play as the combos bitch, doing the spychecking and sacrificing themselves to reflect ubers because they are already pretty useless at actually fighting vs competent players.

rytis

PrettyGay

jesus christ stop whinning about the pyro, hes shit anyways

Linus

[d¿s]

m-muh instakill weapon ;_;

95% of pyros are absolutely garbage even after 1500 hours of non stop playing it, thats why you see so many of them being shit.

jx53

ill just throw this in here.

its funny that people think pyro is a class

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 43 44 45 46 Next »