Forum

Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 42 43 44 ... 46 Next »

Useless

TC.Noobas

Taken into consideration with the axtinguisher nerf, all I have to say is that it’s still a straight upgrade from stock. Should be complaining about the heavy nerf really, having to constantly shoot for maximum accuracy and damage is just unrealistic without a cart or dispenser. Ontop of that demomen can once again wreck havoc upon them, ouch.

Heavy new cart pusher in HL calling it.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Useless

Taken into consideration with the axtinguisher nerf, all I have to say is that it’s still a straight upgrade from stock. Should be complaining about the heavy nerf really, having to constantly shoot for maximum accuracy and damage is just unrealistic without a cart or dispenser. Ontop of that demomen can once again wreck havoc upon them, ouch.

Heavy new cart pusher in HL calling it.

That’s a stupid thing to say about the axtinguisher. Name me one class that doesn’t have at least one melee weapon that is in general superior to the stock in every way. Exception being the Spy, whose main weapon is actually his melee one.

Heavy meta barely changed, if at all.

e: Gonna also add that I’ve played Demo, Heavy, Medic, Soldier, Scout and Spy in Highlander officials & lobbies and I honest to God cannot remember for the life of me the last time I actually died to an axtinguisher. At least half a year I haven’t been victim of axtinguisher kills and I’ve played against Prem/div1 pyros in that time.

I cannot fathom how absolute shit you must be to consider it such a problem for you. In my case I don’t even need to think about such a thing and I’m doing just fine.

Stop being shit at the game?

Last edited by Fuxx,

Useless

TC.Noobas

Yes it is true that all classes have melees that are pretty much straight upgrades. However those melees also have drawbacks to make them sidegrades, the only disadvantage with the axtinguisher is the 50% less damage on non burning targets. And let’s face it, if a pyro is not putting people on fire to begin with he is doing something terribly wrong.

Kaneco

Quoted from Candle

[…]

“I LOVED DESTROYING PUBS AND –EVEN– LOBBIES, the home of the most skilled players!!111, THEREFORE – IT IS BLATANTLY OVERPOWERED”

like i have said a million times, it’s not OP against retards. try it in premiership HL and see how well you and your team do.

Dude, you think you’re a hot shot cuz you play pyro in prem, newsflash, nobody cares, also, pyro is easy. And its not about running around axing people, not even in prem. You’re only making yourself look like a fool.

Quoted from Max

I like that there are demo mains saying nerfing axt was a good move. Its just the fucking same with nerfing sticky. Where’s the empathy? Hell now that I’ve seen this, I just wish sticky nerf wasn’t reverted.

Yo, I don’t agree with the heavy nerf and I main demo. I think it was uncalled for and heavy was fine as it was, it doesn’t promote anything interesting either this nerf. It’s just a way to make the game easier for pub players.

As for the pyro update I can’t change my view sorry, I think it was called for a long time, long before I played demo in competitive I already remember thinking how broken it was and many more people in the scene had the same opinion. There’s no way you should have an almost 300 dmg combo in a close combat non damage dealing class. And worst of all is that you get rewarded kritz simply for hitting the target. That’s like giving treats to a retarded dog for not shitting on the floor.

What do you want? Is the afterburn dmg + 90 flare gun kritz not enough? You can still kill half the classes in the game with the same combo, its just you can’t absolutely destroy everyone anymore including full buffed heavies nor you should be able to.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
Dude, you think you’re a hot shot cuz you play pyro in prem, newsflash, nobody cares, also, pyro is easy. And its not about running around axing people, not even in prem. You’re only making yourself look like a fool.

lol ok

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

http://i.imgur.com/Y73EtJM.png

says the guy who got into some circlejerk and skipped all the divs :^)

i didn’t play in div 2+ (tho i played in mixes with and against high div players), yes, but it doesn’t mean i don’t know how game works or how people play in prem.

p.s: and instead of saying that LOL NO HIGH DIV EXP. = WRONG OPINION, try saying i’m wrong and say why, don’t use a pathetic No high exp = wrong opinion by default excuse.

lol ok

Last edited by Muuki,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Useless

Yes it is true that all classes have melees that are pretty much straight upgrades. However those melees also have drawbacks to make them sidegrades, the only disadvantage with the axtinguisher is the 50% less damage on non burning targets. And let’s face it, if a pyro is not putting people on fire to begin with he is doing something terribly wrong.

So let me see here, under your argument you’d defend the following:

Scout:
BostonBasher for 6s is a sidegrade
Atomizer is a sidegrade
Sandman is a sidegrade

Therefore Scouts should be using the bat just as regularly as those unlocks.
FALSE

Soldier:
Pain Train is a sidegrade
Escape Plan is a sidegrade
Market Gardener is a sidegrader

Therefore Soldiers should be using the shovel just as regularly as those unlocks.
FALSE

Demoman:
Pain Train in 6s & HL is a sidegrade
Caber in HL is a sidegrade
Eyelander & variations in pubs are a sidegrade

Therefore Demoman should be using the bottle just as regularly as those unlocks.
FALSE, with the exceptions of people who don’t play Demo forgetting to switch melees when they go to lobbies or doublemixes

Heavy:
GRU is a sidegrade
FOS is a sidegrade

Therefore Heavies should be using the fists just as regularly as those unlocks.
FALSE

Engineer:
Jag is a sidegrade
Southern hospitality is a sidegrade
Gunslinger is a sidegrade

Therefore Engineers should be using the wrench just as regularly as those unlocks.
FALSE

Medic:
Ubersaw is a sidegrade
Amputator is a sidegrade
Vitasaw is a sidegrade

Therefore Medics should be using the bonesaw just as regularly as those unlocks.
FALSE

Snipers:
Bushwacka or whatever it’s called is a sidegrade
Shahansha is a sidegrade
Shiv is a sidegrade

Therefore Snipers should be using the kukri just as regularly as those unlocks.
FALSE for the most part

So how come Pyro, the only class other than Spy who is supposed to get ridiculously close to enemies is the only class who shouldn’t be rewarded for doing so?

This isn’t even a discussion, your opinion is just objectively wrong.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Useless

TC.Noobas

I think I ruzzled someones Jimmies :D :D :D

You don’t have to have super high experience in a competitive scene to know how the mechanic of a game work. And yes, I stick to my opinion that the majoritiy of melees out there are side-grades. They offer something alternative to the stock item that isn’t a straight upgrade (in most chases). Then that some of the draw-backs are no random critical hits is a different story from a competitive perspective making quite a big number of melees a straight upgrade in competitive while on a pub, it’s a side-grade.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Useless

You don’t have to have super high experience in a competitive scene to know how the mechanic of a game work.

what the fuck is this argument supposed to be? i haven’t seen a single player below high div1 that has any idea how highlander works in realistic situations

everything in this thread is just mindless theorycrafting by people that fail to realize that this mode is just 90% about execution

Last edited by Muuki,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Useless

I think I ruzzled someones Jimmies :D :D :D

:D :D :D

Quoted from Useless

You don’t have to have super high experience in a competitive scene to know how the mechanic of a game work. And yes, I stick to my opinion that the majoritiy of melees out there are side-grades. They offer something alternative to the stock item that isn’t a straight upgrade (in most chases). Then that some of the draw-backs are no random critical hits is a different story from a competitive perspective making quite a big number of melees a straight upgrade in competitive while on a pub, it’s a side-grade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0&feature=kp

Candle

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I.. really don’t. And I never said it’s about axing people, wat?
I make fun of pyro on a regular basis, and if I could start TF2 again I’d play something else (preferably something I could play in 6s) but.. as I have played pyro a lot, I feel like I should correct people when they say really silly things while knowing little about the class (or HL in general >_>)

Last edited by Candle,

Selek

Dr. med.

I would like to chime in and say while it is relatively easy to master the DM ways of a Pyro (probably not shotgun aim though), it is definitely noticable if a Pyro player has a good gamesense for his class. Some Pyros just seem to know where cloaked Spies are and hit seemingly random Flares across the map while I am cloaked more often than others, for example.

Kaneco

Quoted from Candle

[…]

I.. really don’t. And I never said it’s about axing people, wat?
I make fun of pyro on a regular basis, and if I could start TF2 again I’d play something else (preferably something I could play in 6s) but.. as I have played pyro a lot, I feel like I should correct people when they say really silly things while knowing little about the class.

Then if you agree with me why would you be complaining about the nerf?

I don’t dispute you know pyro better than me, however, and looking at your experience you have very little experience in other positions to have a solid notion of how things balance in the game as a whole.

I’m not saying I’m a super 1337 pr0 player in any way but I can say I have played plenty of roles before, I have played seasons as solly and demo at a good level, both in HL and 6v6, and I have merced at that level a ton of times in other roles such as heavy, medic, sniper, even pyro, so I can say I have good understanding of how 1 class interacts with the others, I don’t know just my class.

And I maintain my opinion that pyro as the close combat / non damage dealing, crowd control class he is, shouldn’t be able to deal a near 300 dmg combo, and I don’t know how you find that acceptable, especially when even a damage dealing class like the demo with kritz (from a medic, not free) barely deals that amount of damage with 1 sticky.

Last edited by Kaneco,

Candle

Did I say I agree with you? :D

If the axtinguisher was so overpowered, why wasn’t pyro used in 6s?
Oh, wait.. right.. lack of mobility.. and people not running into them, and then simply destroying them from a distance.. yes, that is probably why.

Last edited by Candle,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Good read would wank to again A-

Jello

This thread is better than chocolate. From a Swiss, that’s deep.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 42 43 44 ... 46 Next »