Forum

Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 32 33 34 ... 46 Next »

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from smultron

Like valve gives a shit if demo is a defensive or offensive class..
The sticky nerf is probably just to make BASE jumper less retarded with a flying demo. Same with heavy, too good counter to BASE jumper, now not as good.

And now they probably made millions of all the shit they sold

This right here.

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

Quoted from xzr

[…]
all your posts just shine with that div5 glory

rekt

CHERRY

But the base jumper could just lower the dealt damage of the explosive weapons and taken from the bullets.

Last edited by CHERRY,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from CHERRY

But the base jumper could just lower the dealt damage of the explosive weapons and taken from the bullets.

Take a look at Valve’s activities in the past few years. I don’t think we can say they’re the same company anymore. That goes for common sense as well.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

Take a look at Valve’s activities in the past few years. I don’t think we can say they’re the same company anymore. That goes for common sense as well.

dont think they had any common sense since the release of tf2. except for the no random crits and no damage spread command

HBFS

YUGO

Quoted from smultron

Like valve gives a shit if demo is a defensive or offensive class..
The sticky nerf is probably just to make BASE jumper less retarded with a flying demo. Same with heavy, too good counter to BASE jumper, now not as good.

And now they probably made millions of all the shit they sold

That’s my boy. U r not for no reason a real hater.

smellynelly

Quoted from .

You know what bothers me the most about this update? As usual it’s the casual players who whine to Valve about everything that isn’t easy crit buff single frag weapons and anything which takes teamplay or reflexes, since nobody cares about it anymore on public games. If people just knew how to play the game and understood how to dodge splash or when to move back then we wouldn’t even have these problems.

First they had issues playing pyro, so valve made it into this abomination of FPS game design that it is now.

Then people started crying because nobody wants to medic them, suddely gunboats, targe, sandvich, black box, milk etc.

“Baww, I can’t sniper”: Huntsman, bushwaka, jarate, Razorback

“Nobody wants to help my engie nest </3": *Valve throws dumb shit towards engie direction*

"They keep spychegking !" – So Dead Ringer and Ambassador was born

"BAWWWW I can't airshots": DH, Marget gardener, that airshot shotgun

"how 2dodge ?": bonk, espace plan etc.

"SRSLY HOW 2 DODGE?!" -Valve: "FINE! We'll nerf those things you can't dodge, fuck off."

Valve are marketing geniuses for sure. Too bad we're all dumb enough to try and make an e-sport out of this mess.

Rant over.

lmao did you forget players USING stickies have gotten better too?

massive victim complex right here, this attitude is what gets you stomped by americans :) (i notice you even mentioned gunboats LOL)

Found this old gem from a previous demo patch that reduced SL’s close range dmg by a lot. In the patch notes they stated that they didnt find demo to be OP in mid range. And also that the SL was indeed intended for offensive use aswell as defensive. Old news to most, but there have been an alarming amount of newbies lately claiming that demo was intended to be a trap based defensive class. Feel free to link them this if you come across any of em ;)
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2253

Well, I guess that these devs must have been replaced by some new blood. Some really stupid new blood that dont care about tf2s class balance :/

Last edited by Tom Spillfat,

Link!

.:ne:.

Quoted from smellynelly

massive victim complex right here, this attitude is what gets you stomped by americans :)

yes let’s talk about this again, what a great conversation topic that is…

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

Well, I guess that these devs must have been replaced by some new blood. Some really stupid new blood that dont care about tf2s class balance :/

well, the patch did exactly that, it balanced classes. demo was OP before, topdamaging was easy as fuck. the nerf is justified, but I do agree that the way they nerfed demo is weird and hard to get used to.

Waebi

‹Con›

I literally
opened my browser
checked tf2 patch notes
watched a youtube video of the sticky damage
signed in with steam on etf2l.org
to read this topic and the QQ.
Love you guys.

Demo finally not OP anymore.

Last edited by Waebi,

Skyride

DUCS

Just for what it’s worth, I stopped paying any attention how people were playing comp TF2 just over a year ago. I come back now and nothing has changed really as expected.

I stopped paying attention to Dota for a few months while I was hardcore into EVE, and when I come back the competitive scene is like a completely different game.

I don’t happen to think the demo change is really a good thing, but just consider that for a minute. Also fuck me I’m agreeing with Xzr right now, what has the world come to.

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from Waebi

I literally
opened my browser
checked tf2 patch notes
watched a youtube video of the sticky damage
signed in with steam on etf2l.org
to read this topic and the QQ.
Love you guys.

Demo finally not OP anymore.

Hi Waebi

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from MARS^

[…]

well, the patch did exactly that, it balanced classes. demo was OP before, topdamaging was easy as fuck. the nerf is justified, but I do agree that the way they nerfed demo is weird and hard to get used to.

Well, we were able to win our div with it, so I guess we got somewhat used to it.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

I think it’s been said before that people who committed to turning this casual game into a major player in the competitive FPS department are delusional, but if you still think that this is an endeavor worth fighting for, in an environment where the ratio of number of players that care to the number of casuals who hate you is counted in one to hundreds, then holy fuck you need to take some history lessons.

tf2

esports

I’m outta here.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 32 33 34 ... 46 Next »