Forum

Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 30 31 32 ... 46 Next »

xzr

Quoted from smziii

[…]

You cant insult me as a person cuz you dont know me and if you think my points are bullshit fair enough. Still a fact that valve wanted the demo to be a defensive class, but they didnt take the spam potential into account, also demo is still better than all the other classes within the classlimit 2 rule when it comes to potential damage output,movement etc.

ps: i wish that the people in this thread would actually play the game and try to understand it instead of just making up nonsense about the new demoman and pretending to understand the way tf2 is meant to be played

I’ve played the game since season1, think there’s not that many guys who can claim that apart from byte and a few others. I do reserve a speaking right without bothering to waste my time on playing pugs or some shit to find out that my arguments are right.

the one true TL;DR point of my posts was that the metagame tf2 was on right before this update was the best game I have ever known. Rocking it around in such a drastic way does not stroke my fancy.

It’s a personal opinion, but there are a fair few purely mathematical perspectives behind it, like how do you deal with a defensive heavy after this.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Sniper maybe. This update seems to introduce a lot more situational offclassing. Maybe that was Valve’s intention. MAYBE THEY DO CARE.

MCbanana

WM

“Soldiers mid to long range damage is more reliable! Hitting pills mid-long range is impossible to be consistent with. If the person you are shooting at knows movement, at least.”

I think thats a very broad generalization, maybe if you spam an indoor choke as solly your midrange is more reliable then a demo spamming however if you think about scenarios like spamming over gully point or around trains on blands id certainly rather be shot by rockets then pipes.

“As for the current SL, it doesnt outdamage the RL…”

70 per good airbust at any range or 100 at lose range for solly?
70 x 8 = ~560
4 x 100= ~400

checkmate atheists

“And also, good luck stopping a scout from killing you unless your trap was placed 2 seconds before he rushes you…”

Again where is your team in the scenario? if you dont have your passive scout or a solly near you and didnt prepare any stickies chances are you probably deserved to die, and its not like that wasnt already the case before the patch anyways.

“The one thing emo man (he’s cutting himself because of the nerf) can do that the soldier cant is to spam over stuff and place traps.”

Which is something no other class can do

” But then again, hitting someone for 20/sticky from behind a rock aint exactly amazing. So, basically the stickies are for traps now. Heck, the spys revolver does more dps and is hitscan.”

Ugh, again a well aimed sticky still does 70 and even if we would assume it would only do 20 the damage falloff for spy makes the revolver do around 18 at long range iirc so demo would still have better mid/long range even in this ridiculous scenario.

TaylorSwiftFan100

BB

Sticks that do 70 now did 120 before the update. Tell me how often you hit that kinda sticks on an activly dodging scout that’s not completly shit.

Not saying that it’s all bad and demo is useless now but the “just lrn2aim” argument isn’t very good here i think

Last edited by TaylorSwiftFan100,

superkopo

stop your shitty calculation and wall of text, just play and find the better way to play with the “new” demoman

Last edited by superkopo,

xzr

the sticks that did 120+ prepatch were pretty exceptional ones, ie enemy crouching on the sticky or some other way you wondrously got it in the totally middle of their hitbox

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from xzr

[…]

It’s a personal opinion, but there are a fair few purely mathematical perspectives behind it, like how do you deal with a defensive heavy after this.

dbl scout uber, sniper, your own heavy, counter him by abusing his weakness which is low movement speed i guess?

xzr

Quoted from smziii

[…]

dbl scout uber, sniper, your own heavy, counter him by abusing his weakness which is low movement speed i guess?

how about one sitting on top of the spire? have your stickyjumper demo hit him with 4x pipe and clean it off with double scout uber?

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from xzr

[…]

how about one sitting on top of the spire? have your stickyjumper demo hit him with 4x pipe and clean it off with double scout uber?

thats quite situational but ok, heavy on spire doesnt do damage unless you jump him, so go with 2 scout uber or sniper ?

xzr

Quoted from smziii

[…]

thats quite situational but ok, heavy on spire doesnt do damage unless you jump him, so go with 2 scout uber or sniper ?

you want to cap the point at some point I presume, so either you waste the uber trying to take him down or suicide a guy to switch to the sniper. Which of those scenarios talks for the point of making the game’s pace faster? (which has often been the point in this thread for why the sticky damage nerf is a good thing)

(I know it’s a far fetched scenario, but you could see the defense oriented teams pushing for this kind of strats once the new meta settles in)

MCbanana

WM

Quoted from TaylorSwiftFan100

Sticks that do 70 now did 120 before the update. Tell me how often you hit that kinda sticks on an activly dodging scout that’s not completly shit.

Not saying that it’s all bad and demo is useless now but the “just lrn2aim” argument isn’t very good here i think

Sure i agree but i just wanted to compare the silliness of perfect per clip damage soldier to perfect per clip damage for demo, both are of course equally unlikely to be achieved. An actively dodging scout will probably not take 70 from a stick of you, however unless hes gotten himself into a really stupid situation he will also not consistently take 100 or any damage from a rl if hes dodging actively.
Im not trying to say just like git gud but im trying to say that with this update it has considerable nerfed him from rather overpowered to powerful with weaknesses and strenghts that no other classes have.

xzr

Quoted from MCbanana

[…]

Sure i agree but i just wanted to compare the silliness of perfect per clip damage soldier to perfect per clip damage for demo, both are of course equally unlikely to be achieved. An actively dodging scout will probably not take 70 from a stick of you, however unless hes gotten himself into a really stupid situation he will also not consistently take 100 or any damage from a rl if hes dodging actively.
Im not trying to say just like git gud but im trying to say that with this update it has considerable nerfed him from rather overpowered to powerful with weaknesses and strenghts that no other classes have.

so what’s the post-patch strengths of the demo apart from firing behind obstacles?

Those 70 damage stickies happen very rarely. Really fucking rarely in normal combat situations.

MCbanana

WM

Quoted from xzr

[…]

you want to cap the point at some point I presume, so either you waste the uber trying to take him down or suicide a guy to switch to the sniper. Which of those scenarios talks for the point of making the game’s pace faster? (which has often been the point in this thread for why the sticky damage nerf is a good thing)

(I know it’s a far fetched scenario, but you could see the defense oriented teams pushing for this kind of strats once the new meta settles in)

i dont see why a team would waste 40 seconds for getting a fatty on spire, hes really hard to heal there and if they put their med on balk to actively do so then you can just push through dropdown/ lower lobby and pick their med(or probably just bomb your roamer on im). you could also send the roamer up the blind spot on spire and get a scout in once the heavy is trying to reposition. you could also just spam him with sticks, hitting a spun up heavy on a small point inst very hard even after the nerf your damage can probably still bully him out especcially if your teammates are helping. This should all not be to hard consider heavy was also just nerfed considerably and responding to multiple enemies is harder then before.

xzr

Quoted from MCbanana

[…]

i dont see why a team would waste 40 seconds for getting a fatty on spire, hes really hard to heal there and if they put their med on balk to actively do so then you can just push through dropdown/ lower lobby and pick their med(or probably just bomb your roamer on im). you could also send the roamer up the blind spot on spire and get a scout in once the heavy is trying to reposition. you could also just spam him with sticks, hitting a spun up heavy on a small point inst very hard even after the nerf your damage can probably still bully him out especcially if your teammates are helping. This should all not be to hard consider heavy was also just nerfed considerably and responding to multiple enemies is harder then before.

bully a full buffed heavy with 8x20dmg stickies? harharharharhar

MCbanana

WM

Quoted from xzr

[…]

bully a full buffed heavy with 8x20dmg stickies? harharharharhar

If you can hit a spun up heavy with only 20 then this nerf isnt your only problem. If hes been buffed and his med is somewhere else the overheal decays quick enough and if his med is standing in some stupid place to heal him kill him first. Demoman isnt the only guy that can kill heavys even in your silly scenario. Team fortress 2 has more then one class but maybe demomains have never heard about that

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 30 31 32 ... 46 Next »