Forum

Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 46 Next »

Aylonwee

Quoted from smziii

Thw big nocrit no damagespread mod … Pls tell me you are trolling
Soap and mge are also not league mods..they are pub mods

smzii im not going to pretend im an expert in things like this because im not. no need to be a dick about it. but i’m sure what i’m asking is perfectly doable and enforcable to some degree. if its not please explain how i honestly don’t know software isnt really my area :). and as i said before this isnt the sort of change thats going to alienate new comp players from the scene. but particularly for players who have mained demo for years they are going to basically have to re learn the class.

but the biggest gripe i have with this update is still that demo will be the most boring and potentially obselete class in the competitive scene.

Last edited by Aylonwee,

Phnx

Quoted from ekkelund

[…]
Sometimes top, sometimes second, you get the point.

unless you are brego, I don’t think demos are gonna top dmg frequently anymore.

Quoted from smziii

[…]

-you seem to take things quite literally or you are mentally challenged in some way if you actually took my meet the demo reference as a valid proof for my point…
-and the “omg kaidus is the best demo thats why he can make it work” -argument is also invalid since he also plays against the best scouts and soldiers, so surely a div4 demo should be able to make it work vs opponents on his skill level

Were you not just saying that demo was intended to be a defensive class? If you are reffering to the class selection screen instead of actual gameplay as evidence for that, i dont consider it that strange that you’d take the “meet the team” videos as hard evidence too.

And i wasnt saying that kaidus can make it work because hes the best demo. What i meant was that a person who dedicated a large part of their life in attempt to master a class could probably just switch to something he didnt play nearly as much and still perform better.

And i never meant to insult you as a person, im sure you are a nice guy. But i still think you are completely wrong and that your arguments are bullshit :/

Last edited by Tom Spillfat,

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
unless you are brego, I don’t think demos are gonna top dmg frequently anymore.

well perhaps you ought to be playing more like brego then

adaptability and shit

TaylorSwiftFan100

BB

Quoted from Aylonwee

Of course it’s gonna hurt new players joining the scene when theyre used to sticks beeing used for traps or doing 30 damage and suddenly they walk into the choke and get raped by 60-70 damage stickyspam.
Nocrit/Nospread is something they probably won’t even notice at first & you can very easily argue why these 2 things are better, because they prevent the game from rolling a dice if you live or not. It’s a difference if you enforce 2 cvars that are in the LEAGUE CONFIG which you need anyways for all the other crap or to enforce a server side mod that new players never heard of.
We also would’ve a completly different game from NA/AUS and tbh the international lan is the only thing that’s keeping this alive.

Last edited by TaylorSwiftFan100,

Aylonwee

i think most scouts just have a hard on for this update. its essentially a huge buff to them.

Aylonwee

Quoted from TaylorSwiftFan100

[…]

Of course it’s gonna hurt new players joining the scene when theyre used to sticks beeing used for traps or doing 30 damage and suddenly they walk into the choke and get raped by 60-70 damage stickyspam.
Nocrit/Nospread is something they probably won’t even notice at first & you can very easily argue why these 2 things are better, because they prevent the game from rolling a dice if you live or not. It’s a difference if you enforce 2 cvars that are in the LEAGUE CONFIG which you need anyways for all the other crap or to enforce a server side mod that new players never heard of.
We also would’ve a completly different game from NA/AUS and tbh the international lan is the only thing that’s keeping this alive.

because ETF2L and ESEA have always seen eye to eye…

also could you get on your highhorse any more you autistic fuck. ive explained calmly that i dont know a whole lot about cfgs and cvars and all that bollocks. im just wondering if it can be done or not? and what if the NA/AUS scene agrees? stop being so quick to stamp on a line that isnt strictly pro valve.

Quoted from MCbanana

Id say its pretty hard to compare the two since they play very differently. Basically solly Has very good Damage output but hes not very reliable to hit or damage people in mid to longrange unlike demoman who has no damage fall off and slightly faster projectiles as well as more projectiles in total. Of course the nerf in spam deniability will make it easier to kill demos however thats what your mamabear scout and pocket should be stopping. And if they put alot of effort into rushing you you can still lay defensive stickies like before.

Soldiers mid to long range damage is more reliable! Hitting pills mid-long range is impossible to be consistent with. If the person you are shooting at knows movement, at least.

As for the current SL, it doesnt outdamage the RL… And the projectile speed is only quicker if you charge shots, wich ofc means a lot slower fire rate. And also, good luck stopping a scout from killing you unless your trap was placed 2 seconds before he rushes you…The one thing emo man (he’s cutting himself because of the nerf) can do that the soldier cant is to spam over stuff and place traps. But then again, hitting someone for 20/sticky from behind a rock aint exactly amazing. So, basically the stickies are for traps now. Heck, the spys revolver does more dps and is hitscan.

TaylorSwiftFan100

BB

Quoted from Aylonwee

[…]

because ETF2L and ESEA have always seen eye to eye…

also could you get on your highhorse any more you autistic fuck. ive explained calmly that i dont know a whole lot about cfgs and cvars and all that bollocks. im just wondering if it can be done or not? and what if the NA/AUS scene agrees? stop being so quick to stamp on a line that isnt strictly pro valve.

I don’t really see where the autistic fuck or the high horse come from but ok makes your argument much better.
Even if you know nothing about anything i guess you can still understand that there’s a difference between things beeing in the game that players can check in quickplay and that even pub server run sometimes and a mod, which if you don’t understand means modification, that they’ve never seen.
And yes it is already done there is the tftrue cvar, still you won’t get allt he leagues to do this and you would just kill competitiv.

Last edited by TaylorSwiftFan100,

Aylonwee

Quoted from TaylorSwiftFan100

[…]

I don’t really see where the autistic fuck or the high horse come from but ok makes your argument much better.
Even if you know nothing about anything i guess you can still understand that there’s a difference between things beeing in the game that players can check in quickplay and that even pub server run sometimes and a mod, which if you don’t understand means modification, that they’ve never seen.
And yes it is already done there is the tftrue cvar, still you won’t get allt he leagues to do this and you would just kill competitiv.

thats where you are wrong. im not trying to have an argument. im trying to have a discussion. have you spoken to the other leagues? and yes its a bit of a learning curve for new players, but still tf2 competitive is a learning curve to begin with. this is just another thing to factor in. and you are specking like TF2 compeititive isnt already suffering, what with the advent of mobas etc.

Rhinyuma

[T-A!]

Let’s just add a 3rd soldier in the team, and get the demo out of it. Would be way more efficient damage wise. :’)

Nah, seriously, if Valve doesn’t do anything, i guess ima ragequit this game.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]

Were you not just saying that demo was intended to be a defensive class? If you are reffering to the class selection screen instead of actual gameplay as evidence for that, i dont consider it that strange that you’d take the “meet the team” videos as hard evidence too.

And i wasnt saying that kaidus can make it work because hes the best demo. What i meant was that a person who dedicated a large part of their life in attempt to master a class could probably just switch to something he didnt play nearly as much and still perform better.

And i never meant to insult you as a person, im sure you are a nice guy. But i still think you are completely wrong and that your arguments are bullshit :/

You cant insult me as a person cuz you dont know me and if you think my points are bullshit fair enough. Still a fact that valve wanted the demo to be a defensive class, but they didnt take the spam potential into account, also demo is still better than all the other classes within the classlimit 2 rule when it comes to potential damage output,movement etc.

ps: i wish that the people in this thread would actually play the game and try to understand it instead of just making up nonsense about the new demoman and pretending to understand the way tf2 is meant to be played

Last edited by smziii,

Marshy

Good guy Smzi

Genmix

bobs

The new update is fine. As a demoman you just have to work harder for your kills and you have to work with your team more to finish off kills because of the reduced damage. Sure it’s a little weird at first doing only about 20% of the damage you usually did with airburst stickies, but apart from that I don’t think a lot changed. You can still deny areas with your stickies and when push comes to shove you can just use the knockback from stickies to mess up a push. Yes, you cannot get an “easy” 4-kill anymore on your own anymore, but whatever. You get caught out more by scouts because of the reduced sticky damage, I couldn’t care less. Just play and adapt. The game has changed, but just deal with it. You may do less damage, but the same is true for the demoman on the other team, whatever disadvantage you have, he has as well. I hardly noticed any difference in the pcws we played after the update in terms of the general flow of the game.

Just go with it and be creative in how you can make up for the reduced damage you do, it’s a lot more constructive than endlessly debating about it on a forum.

Last edited by Genmix,

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Genmix

The new update is fine. As a demoman you just have to work harder for your kills and you have to work with your team more to finish off kills because of the reduced damage. Sure it’s a little weird at first doing only about 20% of the damage you usually did with airburst stickies, but apart from that I don’t think a lot changed. You can still deny areas with your stickies and when push comes to shove you can just use the knockback from stickies to mess up a push. Yes, you cannot get an “easy” 4-kill anymore on your own anymore, but whatever. You get caught out more by scouts because of the reduced sticky damage, I couldn’t care less. Just play and adapt. The game has changed, but just deal with it. You may do less damage, but the same is true for the demoman on the other team, whatever disadvantage you have, he has as well. I hardly noticed any difference in the pcws we played after the update in terms of the general flow of the game.

Just go with it and be creative in how you can make up for the reduced damage you do, it’s a lot more constructive than endlessly debating about it on a forum.

BURN THE HERETIC

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 46 Next »