Forum

Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 22 23 24 ... 46 Next »

jx53

allow demoknight and other unlocks for demo. Why not?

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

Quoted from Ordinator

[…]
No, heavy was already good on viaduct, but demo could spam him from uphill position, now you at disadvantage when not running heavy on viaduct, this update just amplifies shitness of that map and mod.

mainly meant the demo going heavy

doks

3 sollies go

dodgydogman

Panda

ETF2L meta is so unwilling to change that Im pretty sure valve could remove scout altogether and you would have 4 people speccing every game trying to go scout.

Last edited by dodgydogman,

TaylorSwiftFan100

BB

Quoted from dodgydogman

ETF2L meta is so unwilling to change that Im pretty sure valve could remove scout altogether and you would have 4 people speccing every game trying to go scout.

maybe because we cant go and just change weapon because every time a weapon is unbanned there’s a huge shitstorm that it will break the game. even if it was allowed for 4 years in na.

Hcsc0ut

I love the soldiers all on board claiming that demomen have to learn how to use pipes now :D I’m sorry, how well would you do if valve crippled the shotgun and then took away your splash damage on rockets so you had to direct hit to do decent damage :D Actually i’ll answer my own question, unless you currently use the direct hit over the rocket launcher and perform well, I don’t really think you have any validity in what you are saying.

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from Hcsc0ut

I love the soldiers all on board claiming that demomen have to learn how to use pipes now :D I’m sorry, how well would you do if valve crippled the shotgun and then took away your splash damage on rockets so you had to direct hit to do decent damage :D Actually i’ll answer my own question, unless you currently use the direct hit over the rocket launcher and perform well, I don’t really think you have any validity in what you are saying.

wrong, they did broke the splash damage quite a long time ago now.

Last edited by caeli,

trevor

Quoted from fraac

If the sticky launcher isn’t changed I’d very much like the sticky jumper to be allowed next season. People want lots of other stuff but I’m just saying – sticky jumper pls.

yup this! only fun way to play demoman now…

Markii

The Scottish Resistance is the key, allow it next season!

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Markii

no its shit

ondkaja

IKEA

You could also put heavy limit to 0. That way you won’t see heavies instead of demo, and lasts will mostly be equally hard to push as pre-patch. rip defending last with kritz though

Phnx

Quoted from ondkaja

You could also put heavy limit to 0. That way you won’t see heavies instead of demo, and lasts will mostly be equally hard to push as pre-patch. rip defending last with kritz though

heavy limit to 0…
maybe sniper limit to 0 as well since tek played perma sniper on viaduct in prem?
if someone wants to go heavy because demo is shit why would you stop it?
Because it’s not “meta”?

Elite

YG
Houssem

Nerf sticky ?

Fucking bullshit.

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
heavy limit to 0…
maybe sniper limit to 0 as well since tek played perma sniper on viaduct in prem?
if someone wants to go heavy because demo is shit why would you stop it?
Because it’s not “meta”?

No. Because it’s a boring, skill-less class that stagnates the game and adds nothing but pain and boredom to “the meta”.

4hp

Quoted from Markii

I would say allow it, but I don’t think it’s better than the default sticky even after this nerf. I think a demo who really practises it might achieve very good results, but it’s basically still forcing yourself to be more passive than the default demo. For most people a 30 damage sticky after 0.9 seconds will still be better than a 50 damage sticky after 1.7 seconds.

In last night’s twitch invitational match of mix^ vs. XTS we saw Platinum using SR and Bdonski using default, and if you look at the stats and the match I would say results aren’t too different. Bdonski still got more damage out, but Platinum had better area control. It will depend on your playstyle.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 22 23 24 ... 46 Next »