Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 46 Next »

Sofa King

http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=TF+Team

Pls

Selek

Dr. med.

The (first) bugfix patch is coming soon, no mention of anything sticky spam related yet.

Sofa King

Patch released:

Added a new startup music track from Expiration Date
Added a crafting recipe for The Back Scatter
Fixed a client crash caused by Strange Fists
Fixed players using the partner taunts to enter enemy spawn rooms
Fixed a regression with the Disco Beat Down unusual effect
Fixed The Classic automatically zooming in after going through a teleporter while charging
Updated The Tide Turner to also refill the charge meter from impact kills

FUCK!

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from Sofa King

Patch released:

Added a crafting recipe for The Back Scatter
Fixed a client crash caused by Strange Fists
Fixed players using the partner taunts to enter enemy spawn rooms
Fixed a regression with the Disco Beat Down unusual effect
Fixed The Classic automatically zooming in after going through a teleporter while charging
Updated The Tide Turner to also refill the charge meter from impact kills

FUCK!

That’s basically just bugfixing, not the balancing patch that is going to come eventually. You can still hope for changes regarding the stickylauncher, but it’s just too soon to already change it again. Needs some more playtesting and feedback I suppose.

jakeowaty

Today I walked up to a Demo and sliced him twice with the Ubersaw and he wasn’t able to do shit. Even with Pipes, but you can dodge them easier than blast radius of a sticky.

Pubbers seem to be happy, because ‘oh god, this demoman is destroying my shit, pls’. It’s been like that for 7 years and people, who got destroyed first learned to put Sentries in better spots, position themselves, counter it.

And after 7 years Valve is like ‘Fuck it, let’s nerf the Demoman to infinity’, which renders him beyond useless in comp and in pushes. He’s yet another defensive class with Sticky Traps. His usefulness was when you flashed a Demo and he was able to jump and rain hell on the enemy. It was a part of the game, both pub and comp, since ubers on Heavy are way too slow, especially right now with the damage and accurarcy nerf.

Nah. Now we have slow as fuck pushes, chaotic gameplay with Demos trying to switch to using Pipes instead of Sticks, almost no Kritzkrieg to be seen, unless you intend to use it on a Heavy. Demo has become yet another utility class, which gives you nothing else apart from area denial.

Minisentry Engineers are able to do more right now than ever. Good job TF2 team. I’m sure you achieved your goal, because if it doesn’t get changed back, and I mean both of the classes, I quit competetive, because it stopped being this tactical game it was and started being messy, pub play with class locks. I have no fucking idea whose idea was it to change something so deep within the game after such a long time. Sure, people will adapt after some time, but I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who is thinking about ditching this game comp-wise.

Popcorp

I don’t get it, if they think that Demo is OP in pubs, then what was the point of Buffing Short circuit and THEN nerfing Sticky launcher? Short circuit already does a great job at denying soldier and demo, now with sticky nerf, Demo is even more worse in pubs. So i don’t see logic behind this nerf…now all i see is Demoknights with new shield

http://puu.sh/9BonI/65d2c87400.mp3

Last edited by Popcorp,

Jaakarhu

Quoted from jakeowaty

Pubbers seem to be happy, because ‘oh god, this demoman is destroying my shit, pls’. It’s been like that for 7 years and people, who got destroyed first learned to put Sentries in better spots, position themselves, counter it.

well pubs are full of players who never learned to counter them, just went in and died repeadetly without thinking. one of the reasons why valve should try to think how the nerfs effect into competitive too and not just pubs

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Sofa King

http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=TF+Team

Pls

I wrote them a letter

6 years I’ve been playing this damn game and this is the first time I’ve had to send them a letter

Christ.

4hp

Can I just say please no pro mod? Personally I would want to play for a couple of weeks with the update and see what it does to the game, then start bugging Valve with a petition or whatever, sure. But all you achieve with a pro mod is alienation between the current comp community and everyone else, including potential new players. And if you don’t have enough new players joining comp, it will die. Not only because of the experienced players leaving but because it will be the same people playing against the same people.

san alex

http://postimg.org/image/njzcoknvj/

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from Jaakarhu

[…]

well pubs are full of players who never learned to counter them, just went in and died repeadetly without thinking. one of the reasons why valve should try to think how the nerfs effect into competitive too and not just pubs

They already stated repeatedly that they won’t. They gear the game towards pub play, they couldn’t care less about 6es. If a weapon seems overpowered for 90% of their user base, it needs to be nerfed.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Hey, just do what I did

Go wrangler engie on defense in any valve server and dare nerf supporters to go demo against you

It’s amazing how fast they shut up and change their minds

Phnx

Quoted from 4hp

Can I just say please no pro mod? Personally I would want to play for a couple of weeks with the update and see what it does to the game, then start bugging Valve with a petition or whatever, sure. But all you achieve with a pro mod is alienation between the current comp community and everyone else, including potential new players. And if you don’t have enough new players joining comp, it will die. Not only because of the experienced players leaving but because it will be the same people playing against the same people.

every 6s season from season 13 the number of teams that sign up is dropping…

4hp

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
every 6s season from season 13 the number of teams that sign up is dropping…

which doesn’t make my point less valid. you don’t need that number to drop even more.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

If the sticky launcher isn’t changed I’d very much like the sticky jumper to be allowed next season. People want lots of other stuff but I’m just saying – sticky jumper pls.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 46 Next »