Forum

Upcoming New Weapons

Created 19th June 2014 @ 01:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Popcorp

http://www.teamfortress.com/loveandwar/index2.htm

The Back Scatter – Seems quite useful for Sneaky Scout plays, bad for 1v1 situations (unless you get very close to an enemy)

The Tide turner – Straight upgrade to Splendid screen, sounds OP, wee booties will become useless

The B.A.S.E Jumper – Seems quite overpowered, if you can slowly fly and just shoot everyone mid air

The Classic – Ambassador for Sniper, now we can do 360 no scope Headshots.

The Air Strike – Might be overpowered, depends on if there’s going to be a limit for Clip size.

Last edited by Popcorp,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Tide Turner – STAR_ gets whatever he wants. He’s like Reddit for Dota.

Spycy

TC.Express

I dont think the rocket launcher will be OP, -25% dmg is terrible, just look at the liberty launcher.

Last edited by Spycy,

Popcorp

Quoted from Spycy

I dont think the rocket launcher will be OP, -25% dmg is terrible, just look at the liberty launcher.

yes, but if you get a lot of kills, clip size will increase, imagine shooting 8 rockets without stop? 8 rockets will compensate -25% dmg, but we don’t know max clip size yet

Last edited by Popcorp,

Tornf4lk

cc//

the back scatter is gonna do like 140 on a meatshot from any direction, I’d like to know exactly what the loss in accuracy means.

the base jumper is probably gonna be easy to counter, with hitscan potshots or just easy airshots.

if the classic works like it did in tfc your movement will be restricted while charging, since that still happens its not gonna be hugely OP. esp since the bodyshots will do 135 at most now.

Air strike like you said should be judged by the clip size. It’s terrible when you don’t have any kills to begin with. I also think it might be hard to keep streaks up as a roamer, and the pocket shouldn’t launch way too much. Might not really be OP in 6s…

the tide turner hopefully won’t be in 6s :D

Last edited by Tornf4lk,

Spycy

TC.Express

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

yes, but if you get a lot of kills, clip size will increase, imagine shooting 8 rockets without stop? 8 rockets will compensate -25% dmg, but we don’t know max clip size yet

If you get this many, abusing surfable surfaces will be great haha.

Popcorp

I guess -20% accurate is the opposite of Baby face’s blaster, pellets are further from each other

jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

Quoted from Tornf4lk

the back scatter is gonna do like 140 on a meatshot from any direction, I’d like to know exactly what the loss in accuracy means.

pretty sure the description of back scatter means that you have to be both behind them AND at a close range

Last edited by jwso,

Spycy

TC.Express

Quoted from jwso

[…]

pretty sure the description of back scatter means that you have to be both behind them AND at a close range

if the reduced accuracy works like it did for the old bfb (70% accuracy, 70 dmg on meatshots), the back scatter should do 108 damage from behind (minicrits 1.35x)

Accuracy = random bullet spread, I think it’s not related to damages in any way.

jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

Quoted from Spycy

[…]

Accuracy = random bullet spread, I think it’s not related to damages in any way.

never mind Lmao

Last edited by jwso,

4hp

No, the old BFB was more accurate than stock meaning that the pellet spread was tighter, but it had a damage penalty on top of that. So you could get “meatshots” from a longer range as long as you are accurate, but they only did up to 72 damage.

jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

Quoted from 4hp

No, the old BFB was more accurate than stock meaning that the pellet spread was tighter, but it had a damage penalty on top of that. So you could get “meatshots” from a longer range as long as you are accurate, but they only did up to 72 damage.

Shit, I completely forgot about that. Whoops.

4hp

to add on the other weapons

back scatter seems situational enough that it’s balanced, smaller clip and shorter effective range because of the pellet spread. It’s a weapon absolutely dedicated to deep flank plays by the scout.

tide turner is basically the old turn script demoknight’s return. the fact you get a full charge instantly after a kill might make for some really ridiculous plays, but it’s up to the enemy team to counter the demo before he can charge again. At least it doesn’t have ridiculous resistances like the charge n targe… Veloxenium is probably quite happy right now.

base jumper = airshots for days, depending on how slow the descent actually is. Might be more useful for demo than soldier.

the classic seems more dedicated to take down single targets than taking several quick shots, since you really have to wait for the full charge to get a headshot. It will certainly make it easier to kill heavies by peeking around a corner. Also note that you can’t drop a medic with a bodyshot using this weapon.

the airstrike really depends on how big is the max clip and how fast is the boosted attack speed when rocket jumping. This could potentially be a more balanced version of the beggar’s bazooka, since the main use would be similar (jump in and spit out quick rockets). -25% damage and only 3 rocket clip to begin with means that you really need a kill or two to get this weapon going.

hr

I can see all the noobs using the parachute because they think it’s cool, looks like I’m gonna have to whack out the old direct hit

TheFriendlyCow

NASA

Air Strike can get up to 8 rockets (being fired at bazooka overload speed), though I can’t see it being used much in 6s (or allowed, if some of the base jumper + airstrike bombs I found earlier become commonplace.)

Tide Turner is hilarious.

Classic is super broken (doesn’t even work in dx8) and I can’t figure out a use for it. Expect a buff soon.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »