Forum

Demoman Reload Script

Created 13th April 2009 @ 23:04

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Ypsy

Ok so I found this “Mega Script for Demoman V 5.1” on fpsbanana, which includes a reload script both for stickies and nades. Sadly it also includes rapidfire etc. etc. etc.
Is it possible to remove the forbidden stuff and keep the awesome reload script?
I’d appreciate any reload script that works for both but this is the only one I found for now…

As far as I remember it’s not allowed to post the script here so if you consider helping me you’ll have to find it on fpsbanana :(

Qun

GoT<3

alias +reloadshot “-reload;+attack”
alias -reloadshot “-attack;wait 3;+reload”
bind MOUSE1 “+reloadshot”

Ypsy

This just charges the stickys, shoots them and reloads afterwards :/

Jonni

[FB]

viqun stole that from me. my exact script :P
and no ypsy. this will perfectly reload for both demoman weapons. only you have to put “bind mouse1 +attack” in the other class cfg’s.

caliban

fail

why cant ppl jsut play without all those scripts…use your fingers and the keys ffs :/

i hate scripts except classchange or stuff like that…but reload and all that other stuff….everbody should play with the things given

Ypsy

With some nice help from Jonni I solved it by entering

alias +reloadshot “-reload;+attack”;alias -reloadshot “-attack;wait 3;+reload”;bind MOUSE1 “+reloadshot”

instead of the same, just with breaks instead of semicolons. No idea why it’s working this and not the other way but why care as long as it works? :P
Thanks guys! :)

Mc

-9w-
Karaoke*

i was messing about with this earlier, and was having the same problems as Ypsi until i realised what was up. basically if you copy and paste the script straight from etf2l then the “” dont come out in the same format as the “” in a .txt file.

so if you change the speech marks in your config to the ones that notepad likes then the script works

Ypsy

Ahhh yep I think that was it!
When I tried using the script ingame I replaced the quote marks with normal ones because they looked weird and as it worked I copied it to the cfg.

Sourcer0X

the reload function doesn’t work when u dont fire first, remember that. an example for this, you fire some stickies and than change your weapon to grenade launcher, when you switch back to sticky launcher you’ll see it will not reload. just press reload button or it’ll reload automaticly again when u fire and stop firing afterwards.

and with the new update sv_allow_wait_command has come which disables the command “wait” in clients (also in your scripts too) when u gonna use this script u’ll see that it will stuck at reload but some servers have this command default to 1 here is the fix for competitive tf2 script:

demoman.cfg (backup the other one and use this)

exec “default_class.cfg”

demoman_primary_xhair

auto_interp // better for projectile classes unless your connection is trash.

alias autoreload_on “demo_autoreload”

// Demo Autoreload
alias demo_autoreload “primary_reload_on”
alias primary_reload_on “sticky_reload_off; +reload”
alias secondary_reload_on “sticky_reload_on”

alias toggle_demo_sticky_reload toggle_demo_sticky_reload_on
alias toggle_demo_sticky_reload_off “alias secondary_reload_c sticky_reload_off; sticky_reload_off; alias toggle_demo_sticky_reload toggle_demo_sticky_reload_on; alias toggle_demo_sticky_reload toggle_demo_sticky_reload_on; developer_on; echo Sticky reload OFF”
alias toggle_demo_sticky_reload_on “alias secondary_reload_c sticky_reload_on; sticky_reload_on; alias toggle_demo_sticky_reload toggle_demo_sticky_reload_off; alias toggle_demo_sticky_reload toggle_demo_sticky_reload_off; developer_on; echo Sticky reload ON”
alias secondary_reload_c “”

alias +shoot_reload “-reload; +attack”
alias -shoot_reload “-attack; wait 3; +reload”
alias sticky_reload_off “alias +class_attack +attack; alias -class_attack -attack; -reload”
alias sticky_reload_on “alias +class_attack +shoot_reload; alias -class_attack -shoot_reload”

//=============================
// Weapon Specific Calls
// — these are called every time a weapon is changed to and set individual scripts for that weapon.
// — alternate weapons have separate calls where appropriate, e.g. class_weapon1_2
//=============================
alias “class_weapon1_1” “alias weapon_hide weapon_hide_off; primary_reload_on; alias demo_autoreload primary_reload_on; alias autoreload autoreload_on; demoman_primary_xhair”
alias “class_weapon2_1” “alias weapon_hide weapon_hide_off; secondary_reload_c; alias autoreload autoreload_off; demoman_secondary_xhair”
alias “class_weapon3_1” “alias weapon_hide weapon_hide_off; alias swap weapon1; demoman_melee_xhair”

alias update_current_class “alias current_class class_demoman”

competitiveBinds.cfg

bind “INS” “toggle_demo_sticky_reload_key” //change the “INS” part to your personality

competitiveMisc.cfg

alias toggle_demo_sticky_reload_key toggle_demo_sticky_reload //insert at the end of file

Note: this is for competitive tf2 script pack probably will not work alone without any other files. If you’re not using this script pack you can use this one (but without any previous weapon support)

demoman.cfg (backup the other one and use this)

bind “1” “slot1; default_buttons”
bind “2” “slot2; current_buttons”
bind “3” “slot3; default_buttons”

alias default_buttons “bind mouse1 +attack”
alias sticky_buttons “bind mouse1 +shoot_reload”
alias current_buttons default_buttons

bind “INS” toggle_sticky_reload

alias toggle_sticky_reload toggle_sticky_reload_on
alias toggle_sticky_reload_on “alias current_buttons sticky_buttons; alias toggle_sticky_reload toggle_sticky_reload_off”
alias toggle_sticky_reload_off “alias current_buttons default_buttons; alias toggle_sticky_reload toggle_sticky_reload_on”

alias +shoot_reload “-reload; +attack”
alias -shoot_reload “-attack; wait 3; +reload”

Note: this one is not tested.

edit: i almost forgot for what i changed those in the script (making it toggleable :D)

Loe

I heard waits dont work so good with _manual_ rapid detonating stickies

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Just have:

bind “1” “slot1;+reload”
bind “2” “slot2;-reload”
bind “3” “slot3;-reload”

That way, you’re only reloading your grenade launcher, and you can manually reload your sticky launcher.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

im all natural baby

minimoose

Rockets/Shotgun/Pipes auto reload, I find pressing ‘r’ distracts me, and normally I forget to :)

The Postman

Has the new update screwed up the wait command or something? pipes work fine, but teh stickies charge up D:
Meh needs teh help!
ninja edit: only happens on some servers :S

fear887

entropy

Has the new update screwed up the wait command or something? pipes work fine, but teh stickies charge up D:
Meh needs teh help!
ninja edit: only happens on some servers :S

Enabled “sv_allow_wait_command” convar, which defaults to 1. When set to 0, it’ll prevent clients from using the “wait” command

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »