Forum

What happened to Wireplay?

Created 5th June 2014 @ 22:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

got 10 euros from winning wireplay so i won’t be complaining anytime soon Lol ! !

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from beach

[…]

The UGC website is infinitely more terrible than Wireplay’s

Clearly you haven’t visited either this year.

jakeowaty

Quoted from beach

The UGC website is infinitely more terrible than Wireplay’s

Quoted from kKaltUu

Clearly you haven’t visited either this year.

WP’s site is insanely clunky and the design dates a few years back, so a revamp wouldn’t hurt.

At least they do not force you to log in with Steam which is somewhat a plus to some people.

UGC’s site is way too fucking confusing. To find my profile I had to click 3 different buttons first, wtf.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Quoted from TviQ

[…]
are any of those HL ?

No, because there was no Wireplay HL back in the day. 7vs7 was the thing. 7vs7 was transformed to 9vs9 later on.

Anyway, you said SNSD never played Wireplay, which was untrue.

Last edited by SabaSaba,

b0nes

[DA]
[DA]

Wireplay use to be big, it was the largest and most pro league in tfc (and other games), we had an office in London and it had links to multiplay and iseries and if im not mistaken a lot of the multiplay guys started at wireplay. But that was seriously a long time ago.

Over time the interest from the owners and backers diminished as it got passed around in various deals and buy outs and ive been pretty much left on my own to do it all as a volunteer. I tried a few efforts to revamp it but ultimately it failed due to a lack of any real interest or investment, could even be my own failings but I dont think that much. Ive always just tried to run it how I as a clan leader would like it to be. Not moving with the times is definitely a problem.

The website is old, but I think people fob it off as crap without actually using it, its functionality is fine for what it is and really, the efforts involved in making a new one I suspect would never actually pay off.

The prizes of servers I realise now are pretty much useless for most teams, but the only assets wireplay has is a few rows of servers in a farm.

All that said I think this current season maybe the last for tf2 for a while, im not sure theres anything I can realistically do to save it. Never say never but it may well be it.

Although im planning a summer tfc 4v4 season, because its the best game ever to grace teh internet. All the early tf2 stars came from tfc :) Never forget your roots!

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

If you don’t like me making threads, why do you comment on all of them? No one is forcing you. This thread should be for me to get answers, and other people who want to give them or just discuss the topic, yet half of it is the same people commenting the same thing. I don’t see a problem with me making a thread if it isn’t spam.

Anzu

:Blinky:

No medals?

…Fuck that league then.

Menty

SVIFT
Nein

I honestly enjoy the somewhat lesser played maps in WP, but the one annoying thing is that we’ve been wildcarded already twice pretty much when the match was already supposed to be starting

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Maybe WP can use the fancy TFTrue sticky fix so that pros have a cozy place:?

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from b0nes

All the early tf2 stars

+byte

huehue

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3