Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 Next »

frixx

LG

haha highlander people are so funny with thier serious tf2

pathetic

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from lewis]

Asa spoke to phantom, Leader of Accurate Luck who have 2 ex plat players.
Pastebin of their chat http://pastebin.com/QjpH4fVC

Making a petition like this isn’t the right way of sorting this out, to start with Transistor managed to incorrectly give details about how Joe’s ” a former UGC Platinum Demoman/Heavy”. Joe was never a Platinum Heavy.

Transistor made the post this morning, when neither asa or I were online. So instead of waiting for one of use to come online he decided to make this post regardless.

Bullying and singling out Joe with this petition isn’t how they should deal with us, other teams have players who have the same experience, this list was compiled by my glamorous assistant;
17:49 – ryan -HF-: popcorp
17:49 – ryan -HF-: yaug
17:49 – ryan -HF-: chopper
17:50 – ryan -HF-: klegg from aa div 1 6s team
17:52 – ryan -HF-: sauron- ex gold
17:52 – ryan -HF-: firing.squad ex gold

oh well #angrygamers

you’re obviously missing the point. maybe just shut up and let this wash away when interest in steel drama fades?

Last edited by quell,

Vlijm

UbeR |

Stop moaning about better players in lower divisions and just play the game already lol. This Phantom shounds like a proper little ….. in those chats haha

Selek

Dr. med.

If a steel team ever needs to shut down a single overskilled player, I hereby offer myself as a merc. I promise to not backstab anyone else. Could be fun, actually.

nean

Never knew HL players were this sad.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from frixx

haha highlander people are so funny with thier serious tf2

pathetic

You wanna know what’s pathetic? The fact that you are so butthurt, that you actually bother to write this in every hl thread.

Get over yourself, nerd. Your own hl team lost every single game, and it took you over 3 fucking years to get out of div 4 xdd

DavidTheWin

(ETF2L Donator)
BTWFC
[ᴛᴍᴍ]

I read all of this thread and now I have aids

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from DavidTheWin

I read all of this thread and now I have aids

I’m sorry to hear that

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from nean

Never knew HL players were this sad.

Not just HL players, many players throughout the course of competitive gamings are the same, there are always a few that miss the idea of competitive gaming.

Bulow

GG

Quoted from quell

[…]you’re obviously missing the point. maybe just shut up and let this wash away when interest in steel drama fades?

STFU QUELL

I read that chat log, it was pretty amusing. Haven’t a few of the Accurate Luck players been on platinum rosters? And I thought Iron was the UGC league for beginners?

Anyway, the use of online petitions is genius; I will now use them to solve all my video game problems.

frixx

LG

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

You wanna know what’s pathetic? The fact that you are so butthurt, that you actually bother to write this in every hl thread.

Get over yourself, nerd. Your own hl team lost every single game, and it took you over 3 fucking years to get out of div 4 xdd

haha m8, div1 hl player thinking he is better. Look at yourself first before u call someone a nerd, nerd. Also how did u manage to get into div4? I watched ur game and I think you should reconsider going back to pub

Candle

please don’t feed this “frixx” retard

Last edited by Candle,

frixx

LG

Quoted from Candle

please don’t feed this “frixx” retard

Ya you are right im out anyway,

gl HL

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

shits goin down
grab a seat ladZzZ

Doktor

Popsy
$$

Disclaimer: This post of substantial length is not to be understood as hate towards Joe, but rather as a in depth discussion of sandbagging. I will only illustrate my claim on the case of JoeNufc.

First of all, let me start of by saying that all the hate and disrespect towards UGC(-steel)and HL gets is really not necessary. I understand that UGC steel is of absolutely negligible importance to some of you, but then just stay out of of this thread completely. Just makes you look like a hippocrite saying something is not worth caring about, yet spending time making a completely pointless reply that helps the ‘problem’ even less than the petition probably will.

– Please do not list me other players sandbagging as an excuse, that is of
absolutely no importance regarding this discussion.

– I do not play in UGC steel so I am obviously not butthurt about OiaV potentially wrecking my team.

– Please don’t call me out on being a whiny bitch, because that seems the way some people on these forums like to go on about arguments. I will not bother replying to comments being of an offending nature.

I see a lot of people saying that the creator of this petition is just scared of playing against better players, and potentially losing their official. As much as I cannot deny this as potentially being true, think about the difference in terms of skill for this case. Joe was in the ETF2L premier division finals last HL season, which suggests that he is an incredibly skilled highlander player, especially seeing as his performance was – from what I’ve seen – not below the average of the team he played for, itsallgood. He has nearly 2 years of competitive TF2 experience, including highlander and 6s.

Compare this to the average steel player. I do not have proper statistics, but from what I have seen in steel, most of the (new) players barely have half a year of competitive TF2 experience, potentially having less TF2 playtime than Joe on his most played class alone. I cannot verify my last claim there, as Joe’s profile is private, but please correct me if I’m wrong.

Now obviously people will come along and say that Joe is not playing his last season main class, demoman. How exactly does this matter though? I’ve seen multiple high level comp players changing class mid season (also in 6s) and not being a major downgrade. I would assume Joe’s deathmatching is better on demoman than on heavy, but gamesense is among the most important things in competitive TF2. Aside that, especially the development of efficient coms is what helps team advance, and I am sure that as a former premier division player Joe does know both gamesense (seeing as heavy is also a combo class like his former main) as well as efficient coms. Especially on a class like heavy gamesense is absolutely crucial in winning encounters, staying alive and therefore giving your team a general advantage that is nearly impossible to new teams to overcome.

Naturally there is always a skill gap in between two players, but take a look at the recent logs of Joe playing with OiaV, and tell me if you feel that gap is fair in this case. I personally do not. As much as playing against better players is part of improving, with such a high skill gap this only causes frustration and disliking towards the sandbagging player. The point of a division is exactly to prevent skill gaps from being to big. At least this is what the common understanding is, but if the representatives of UGC staff or the community disagrees please tell me.

And exactly this skill gap of sandbagging players leads to a lack of trust towards the competitive league that is UGC. Newcomers will get frustrated over the fact that such an incredibly experienced player is playing in a division made for low-end skill highlander players. New steel players trust UGC that they will play against somewhat evenly skilled teams and players, and that the league admins will not just allow some of the best and most experienced HL players in europe to play in the 2nd lowest division.

Most of you should agree that we as a community should give new competitive players a fair, enjoyable experience. TF2 is a fairly unpopular ‘Esport’ as it is, and sandbagging is making it even worse.

Playing up to ~5 divisons below your skill/gamesense level is not going to do any good aside than maybe entertaining the sandbagger on the cost of many others.

In short, excessive sandbagging is hurting our already small competitive community and being a dick about it (like most of the posters in this thread) is only making it worse. If you care about TF2s success as a competitive game, you should not support this behaviour and play in divisions fitting to your skill level and experience.

This is why I understand the person who made the petition, wether he may just be upset or actually have reasonable claims. This type of sandbagging should not be allowed. Lobbies or pubs are here if you want to wreck newcomers, an official league should not be used to do so.

– Doktor

I won’t reply to any responses lacking valid points or being hateful~

Last edited by Doktor,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 Next »