Forum

A Petition

Created 11th February 2014 @ 17:56

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 20 Next »

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Marty

I can kinda see Transistors point actually. It’s no fun playing against someone who is at a far higher level than one self, in a division that is set for a skill level. You learn by playing against better players, but playing against a Prem Sniper that might as well could be aimbotting isn’t really a great learning experience. I played Heavy for an Iron/Steel team last season of ETF2L, and although it was hard for me to carry completely, i knew that they had an unfair advantage. They are going div5 now (Without me on the roster), and are getting stomped by teams like Transistor’s, which we could beat before when we have me on the roster. I think it’s kinda the same situation with Joe, and no hate towards him, but i can definitely see Transistors point, even if it comes off as whiny.

Thoughts?

your team was shit

Meeto

Quoted from Marty

[…]

http://logs.tf/155678?highlight=76561198073583273

http://logs.tf/155692?highlight=76561198073583273

Heavy can carry really hard, with a proper team. My logs in Div6 against Transistors team speaks for themselves.

[…]

I agree, starting a petition is a joke. It should’ve been taken up with the admins.

However, it may be punishing to these teams (like the team i used to play for, who are now going div5 WITHOUT me, and getting rekt by div6 teams)
But some people really care about winning Steel as #1 or so. Maybe Steel doesn’t matter to some people, but for them it might be a big deal. To be fair, i wouldn’t like to have my #1 spot stolen by another team because they have 1 Prem player, instead of being fair and square about it. I think the lot of us has played in Steel before, and even if it doesn’t matter “now”, it would still suck to be #2, because some else used unsportsmanlike tactics.

Wow. Alright, I was talking out my ass about the heavy.

But I see your point. But I still don’t believe in disallowing somebody to play lower divs simply because they have already gotten past it. But I think the question that needs to be asked is, in regards to the situation the thread was created to discuss , is Joe really making that much of a difference on his team that they simply steamroll anyone they play against? Transistor claims that they have scrimmed multiple times and come up with equal results, so what is the problem? Flipping about rules and forcing teams to drop their players after the season is started shouldn’t even be considered. Imo the best course of action would be to wait until the season is actually done before starting a big scene about prem level carries. Though I would say something definitely needs to be done about it…

Marty

lala

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

Wow. Alright, I was talking out my ass about the heavy.

But I see your point. But I still don’t believe in disallowing somebody to play lower divs simply because they have already gotten past it. But I think the question that needs to be asked is, in regards to the situation the thread was created to discuss , is Joe really making that much of a difference on his team that they simply steamroll anyone they play against? Transistor claims that they have scrimmed multiple times and come up with equal results, so what is the problem? Flipping about rules and forcing teams to drop their players after the season is started shouldn’t even be considered. Imo the best course of action would be to wait until the season is actually done before starting a big scene about prem level carries. Though I would say something definitely needs to be done about it…

If Joe isn’t making much of a difference, then i don’t see a problem with him playing. However if he gets 60 kills and the rest of the server gets 30 at best, he shouldn’t be allowed to play. It’s simply too unfair for the other people, and it’s difficult to “git gut” against players that are FAR beyond their skill league. I don’t have a problem with higher level Medics, or perhaps Engineers playing lower divs, since their classes don’t have that much influence as other classes (in my experience – could be talking out of my ass). Waiting until the season is done doesn’t solve Transistors problem, since he is worried about losing his #1 spot in Steel. After the seasons done, the milk has already been spilled and nothing can be done to change it.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Marty is right and everyone who disagrees is nerdraging

Marty

lala

Quoted from Fuxx

lets leave my points open to discussing, because im most likely talking out of my ass this entire time

Max

Fusion

Marty made me shed a tear. That was so insightful *sniff*

No, the way that Marty talked made him look like a superior gentleman (maybe he is one… Iunno)

Anyways, he is kinda right. But the point is, Joe isn’t giving a single flying milligram of fuck while he is playing in Steel just like he doesn’t give a fuck about this thread and the petition. He just wants to calm down and chill people!

Marty

lala

Quoted from Max

No, the way that Marty talked made him look like a superior gentleman (maybe he is one… Iunno)

No

Quoted from Max

Anyways, he is kinda right. But the point is, Joe isn’t giving a single flying milligram of fuck while he is playing in Steel just like he doesn’t give a fuck about this thread and the petition. He just wants to calm down and chill people!

I know he doesn’t give a flying fuck while playing in Steel, just like I didn’t when I played Steel! That’s why i believe some action should be taken by the admins, to ensure fairplay. However, making a fair system that ensures no sandbagging / roster riding, while still being unbiased is a very hard task, and I’m afraid my brain is too small to do this.

Last edited by Marty,

Fuxx

REMOVE

http://filesmelt.com/dl/back_to_tf2lobby.png

Over 1000 hours in photoshop

Transistor

|TW|

This was BJ. (Before Joe) They been busy scrimming silverteams since then. Anyway, I will leave you guys do discuss. Since you know, I am so autistic :) Quoted from Setsul

[…]
With or without Joe?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Taking actions against him might cause a dangerous precedent. More people will come and complain why player X is playing in steel when he was a platinum player only 3 months ago.
This has been brought up in ETF2L over and over again but there is just no solution. It is frustrating to play against a player who clearly has more experience than you. But it is also impossible to come up with fair rules to ban someone from playing in a lower league, for example if his old team disbanded or if he just does not have the time to try hard and wants to bum around with his friends in steel. And treating every complaint on a case-to-case base is not fair at all.
Get ahold of yourself, everybody puts his pants on the same way as you.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Fuxx

Marty mained heavy in div 6 after being Stacked’s main heavy…

Doktor

Popsy
$$

Quoted from Max

[…]

Lel, you do know ETF2L divisions are broken too right?

Here is an example:

There is this HL team

Called Grumpy Old Men Club

They played… on div6

And even their sub was too high for d6. And they rolled every single official.

So stop saying “admins seeds the divs right huehuehue” everywhere. (Though your div seems pretty justified, I am talking about other teams being under/over their div)

You can play in every div, as any class you want. There is no problemo about that, and I myself believe Joe is in steel to chill and mentor rather than tryhard and destroy.

PS.
We need people getting really angry, this is the only thing that this thread is missing.

I play in the grumpy old men club for UGC silver and they have been going up division by division.

They are genuinely good and improve fast as hell, no admin could smell this would be the case.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]
Marty mained heavy in div 6 after being Stacked’s main heavy…

I spoke to marty very quickly in steam and he admitted to me that he did the wrong thing and it was only after seeing this particular case that he changed his mind and started to defend the losing team’s side. He knows what he did was wrong

Now that’s what I call maturity

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]
Now that’s what I call maturity

I CALL IT MARTURITY LOL!

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

you highlander nerds are funny