A Petition

Created 11th February 2014 @ 17:56

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 Next »

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from Max

[…]

http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/topic-28002/page-1/

I would’ve actually supported someone who said that. But the only reason you are saying this is because your team is the 6s version of OiAV (not literally, but you get my point).

Its not the only reason im saying this, how can you know so sure? I ve always thought anyone can play anywhere and admins do the seeding. So if a full team of prem players sign up they get div 2 lowest. In our case we have 1 prem player and he offclasses as medic but my team isnt the point here.

The point is people get mad due to losing a game to a team which fields a way better player. They dont think what they want or what they could do but go instantly in the “its unfair” mode. When we lose to a team i feel more like “shit happens” or if its a roll: “we might want to play more than once every two weeks and then all offclass”. Look at yourself before you start trying to destroy other peoples’ fun.

Switch

soL.
T⑨

cancer cancer cancer threads
I always think they should be dead
but as long as people keep posting shit
cancer cancer cancer thread.

10k views broken.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

If UGC actually take any action, it would be laughable.

Meeto

EDIT: I’M GAY

Last edited by Meeto,

Atlas

Looking forward to Tiny Waffles vs OiaV on Monday: http://ugcleague.com/schedule_tf2h_week.cfm?matchweek=4#Euro%20Steel

Last edited by Atlas,

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Vlijm

[…]

Its not the only reason im saying this, how can you know so sure? I ve always thought anyone can play anywhere and admins do the seeding. So if a full team of prem players sign up they get div 2 lowest. In our case we have 1 prem player and he offclasses as medic but my team isnt the point here.

The point is people get mad due to losing a game to a team which fields a way better player. They dont think what they want or what they could do but go instantly in the “its unfair” mode. When we lose to a team i feel more like “shit happens” or if its a roll: “we might want to play more than once every two weeks and then all offclass”. Look at yourself before you start trying to destroy other peoples’ fun.

Lel, you do know ETF2L divisions are broken too right?

Here is an example:

There is this HL team

Called Grumpy Old Men Club

They played… on div6

And even their sub was too high for d6. And they rolled every single official.

So stop saying “admins seeds the divs right huehuehue” everywhere. (Though your div seems pretty justified, I am talking about other teams being under/over their div)

You can play in every div, as any class you want. There is no problemo about that, and I myself believe Joe is in steel to chill and mentor rather than tryhard and destroy.

PS.
We need people getting really angry, this is the only thing that this thread is missing.

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Max

[…]

Lel, you do know ETF2L divisions are broken too right?

Here is an example:

There is this HL team

Called Grumpy Old Men Club

They played… on div6

Given that most of these players had no prior ETF2L experience (and those that did had a few div6 6v6 games) and were 2-1 in UGC steel at the time of seeding, what were the admins supposed to use as a reason to place them in div 5 etc? Sometimes people who are new to competitive TF2 are good in spite of their inexperience.

UGC was better when it was just one big division of 70 teams, it was a lot of fun.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Transistor

I got what I wanted. I got UGC to open their eyes. This has been going on for years, and no-one. Not a single soul has said anything.

So far, 8 people have added me. Telling me I am a horrible human being. I guess that is true, but really – if you add me just to say that – aren’t you just as bad?

hahahaha you sound like such an autist, you know that right?

Marty

lala

I can kinda see Transistors point actually. It’s no fun playing against someone who is at a far higher level than one self, in a division that is set for a skill level. You learn by playing against better players, but playing against a Prem Sniper that might as well could be aimbotting isn’t really a great learning experience. I played Heavy for an Iron/Steel team last season of ETF2L, and although it was hard for me to carry completely, i knew that they had an unfair advantage. They are going div5 now (Without me on the roster), and are getting stomped by teams like Transistor’s, which we could beat before when we have me on the roster. I think it’s kinda the same situation with Joe, and no hate towards him, but i can definitely see Transistors point, even if it comes off as whiny.

Thoughts?

Meeto

Quoted from Marty

I can kinda see Transistors point actually. It’s no fun playing against someone who is at a far higher level than one self, in a division that is set for a skill level. You learn by playing against better players, but playing against a Prem Sniper that might as well could be aimbotting isn’t really a great learning experience. I played Heavy for an Iron/Steel team last season of ETF2L, and although it was hard for me to carry completely, i knew that they had an unfair advantage. They are going div5 now (Without me on the roster), and are getting stomped by teams like Transistor’s, which we could beat before when we have me on the roster. I think it’s kinda the same situation with Joe, and no hate towards him, but i can definitely see Transistors point, even if it comes off as whiny.

Thoughts?

Wouldn’t it depend on class though? I can see how a class like Spy or Sniper can carry hard, but from what I understand Joe is playing heavy. I don’t think just one player is going to make a huge difference, especially with a class as reliant on other members of his team as the heavy (I may be talking out my ass with that though.) not to mention all it takes is a decent sniper or a decent spy to shut heavy down. Though I do think sandbagging is a pretty big issue, I don’t think starting petitions and just generally whining is going to change anything. And at the end of the day, if they really do get carried, it’s more punishing than it is helping them the higher up they get.

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

I like ham.

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

Wouldn’t it depend on class though? I can see how a class like Spy or Sniper can carry hard, but from what I understand Joe is playing heavy. I don’t think just one player is going to make a huge difference, especially with a class as reliant on other members of his team as the heavy (I may be talking out my ass with that though.) not to mention all it takes is a decent sniper or a decent spy to shut heavy down. Though I do think sandbagging is a pretty big issue, I don’t think starting petitions and just generally whining is going to change anything. And at the end of the day, if they really do get carried, it’s more punishing than it is helping them the higher up they get.

Heavies can’t carry alone? Hahah nice joke!

Marty

lala

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

Wouldn’t it depend on class though? I can see how a class like Spy or Sniper can carry hard, but from what I understand Joe is playing heavy. I don’t think just one player is going to make a huge difference, especially with a class as reliant on other members of his team as the heavy (I may be talking out my ass with that though.)

http://logs.tf/155678?highlight=76561198073583273

http://logs.tf/155692?highlight=76561198073583273

Heavy can carry really hard, with a proper team. My logs in Div6 against Transistors team speaks for themselves.

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

Though I do think sandbagging is a pretty big issue, I don’t think starting petitions and just generally whining is going to change anything. And at the end of the day, if they really do get carried, it’s more punishing than it is helping them the higher up they get.

I agree, starting a petition is a joke. It should’ve been taken up with the admins.

However, it may be punishing to these teams (like the team i used to play for, who are now going div5 WITHOUT me, and getting rekt by div6 teams)
But some people really care about winning Steel as #1 or so. Maybe Steel doesn’t matter to some people, but for them it might be a big deal. To be fair, i wouldn’t like to have my #1 spot stolen by another team because they have 1 Prem player, instead of being fair and square about it. I think the lot of us has played in Steel before, and even if it doesn’t matter “now”, it would still suck to be #2, because some else used unsportsmanlike tactics.

Last edited by Marty,

Python

sniper is a class in this team fort videogame

Last edited by Python,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 Next »