Forum

R.I.P TF2lobby

Created 11th January 2014 @ 00:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Max

Fusion

May the long living legend rest on its own. And we will use his brother until he resurrects again from the shadows.

Lolno fuck tf2lobby.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

TF2Lobby did a fantastic thing, it was the first web based lobby system for tf2 making it more accessible for a large group of people.

So yes, compared to the new fancy stuff it ‘sucks’ but at the time it was great.

Popcorp

medics are still shit in tf2 center

tf2 is dead

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Casual

TF2Lobby did a fantastic thing, it was the first web based lobby system for tf2 making it more accessible for a large group of people.

So yes, compared to the new fancy stuff it ‘sucks’ but at the time it was great.

Exactly this. Lobby is what got me into comp TF2 and got me playing at an appropriate level, as well as meeting some of the people I’m still friends with today.

Razkar

cj.com

tf2lobby > tf2center

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Casual

There is no denying that TF2lobby was great, but it was also the home of the “ignorant assholes who thinks they are the best” club. Its design was pretty nifty yes, but the people using it and the website itself being broken to hell was a bad thing for it.

On the other hand, TF2center is still beta though better than TF2lobby just shows that how bad TF2lobby was. On TF2Centers final state, we are going to have nifty things like: Tournaments… and tournaments… really tournaments are enough for me to love it.

Yeah TF2lobby started to help newbies getting into comp but you know what other type of a “thing” does that? #tf2.mix.euhl (I think it was like this). Even though it is not a web site, it is still free to access the IRC. you play with people who are better, and willing to help and mentor. Unlike TF2lobby AND Center. I think EU mixes are still the master race of everything.

Last edited by Max,

Vlijm

UbeR |

Best site ever, rip 800 games
Tf2center is garbage :(

PuzZle

Boys
GG

tf2center made tf2 fun for me again, atleast for a little while
So much better than tf2lobby

Last edited by PuzZle,

Switch

soL.
T⑨

was fun while it lasted.

Tuto

8-)

It was fun while it lasted, 1200 lobbies of entertainment, never forget :D

jakeowaty

TF2Lobby was underground whereas TF2Center is filled with an insane amount of total noobs and 12 year olds.

One solo lobby on TF2Center and I’m done with lobbying. PuG’s all the way.

frixx

LG

Quoted from jakeowaty

TF2Lobby was underground whereas TF2Center is filled with an insane amount of total noobs and 12 year olds.

One solo lobby on TF2Center and I’m done with lobbying. PuG’s all the way.

You really didn’t play much lobby did u?

hr

Thing about lobby is that it’s a very casual way to play comp and a great start to competitive play for many players, while center is technically much better I still prefer lobby because if I don’t want to play a super serious scrim/mix then I don’t want to listen to fucking nerds on mumble.

Jonaz

Oooo shiiiiiiie, was just about to hit 1000 lobbies

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »