Forum

So I just watched the dreamhack vods.....

Created 3rd December 2013 @ 15:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from quell

charismatic videogame players are rare

hey

huhystah

I just don’t understand. You really should appreciate the effort from CanFo, Mia and GipsArm. TF2 was featured in such event… How awesome is that?! While I agree that the stream for it wasn’t very good, I suppose they either didn’t think about streaming the cup or didn’t have enough time. Anyway, please quit bitching and be happy.

Last edited by huhystah,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Some details about this event:

– It was not intended for the outside world – which is also why it was not advertised as such. I may go more into the reasoning for this in a couple of months (or not).
– We could not spend a whole lot of time for the planning. For example, I was moving to a different city just 10 days before I had to leave for Dreamhack.
– It was a blast to hang out with the publiclir.se guys :)
– Dreamhack is a massive event. They should really feature some proper TF2 event there some time.
– The event was paid for by a swedish organisation called “Esport United”.
– Please go onto a stage when you are told you are being watched by 15,000 people and then we can continue talking.

Last edited by CanFo,

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

I do not understand what was so strange or embarrasing in this video.
The first post is full of overreaction.

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

The main reason i made this is it didn’t give tf2 a very good impression. All joking about nerds being awkward etc. It seemed no one even knew what you were talking about.

If the tf2 prize event on stage was given some more context i think it would have gone down better.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

I still need to know about this Tea Community. Can the glasses guy who is a member please help me become member! I’m a milk two sugars kind of guy!

Aephage

Quoted from quell

charismatic videogame players are rare

100% handsome players in reverto

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Turbo

The main reason i made this is it didn’t give tf2 a very good impression. All joking about nerds being awkward etc. It seemed no one even knew what you were talking about.

If the tf2 prize event on stage was given some more context i think it would have gone down better.

Alright, time for a more serious post.

I think its ridiculous that you are attacking CanFo after all the time he has put down arranging this event, especially on such a short time. It’s also ridiculous that you think the two minutes we were up on stage actually made an impression, let alone a negative one. Most of the impressions we made were in the expo area where a lot of people challenged us. We were always busy playing against challengers, and there was often a queue of 3-4 people. We showed good sportmanship and shook hands after the games, and complimented people who played well. Based off that, I think we made a pretty good impression, and hopefully got some people interested in competitive TF2.

I guess it’s okay to joke around with us (publiclir guys and vani) since we didn’t really do anything other than attending and playing. But you should really try to appreciate the efforts CanFo, Mia, GipsArm and the guys at E-sport United did. Even if it isn’t big, TF2 at least got some exposure at Dreamhack, and that’s a start. Why not aim for something bigger the next year? Or at least arrange a similar event at other LANs. There are lots of possibilities and I think this event showed that, if you really want, you can make it happen.

And honestly, what have you ever done that makes TF2 look “good”?

Last edited by ondkaja,

Hank

FAINT

^

JohnnyZ

Sexy

+2

KLar

okie

Quoted from Aephage

[…]

100% handsome players in reverto

Rising <3 no homo
dont forget moogle

Last edited by KLar,

mrwhizz

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

http://media.timeout.com/blogimages/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/burny.gif

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Alright, time for a more serious post.

I think its ridiculous that you are attacking CanFo after all the time he has put down arranging this event, especially on such a short time. It’s also ridiculous that you think the two minutes we were up on stage actually made an impression, let alone a negative one. Most of the impressions we made were in the expo area where a lot of people challenged us. We were always busy playing against challengers, and there was often a queue of 3-4 people. We showed good sportmanship and shook hands after the games, and complimented people who played well. Based off that, I think we made a pretty good impression, and hopefully got some people interested in competitive TF2.

I guess it’s okay to joke around with us (publiclir guys and vani) since we didn’t really do anything other than attending and playing. But you should really try to appreciate the efforts CanFo, Mia, GipsArm and the guys at E-sport United did. Even if it isn’t big, TF2 at least got some exposure at Dreamhack, and that’s a start. Why not aim for something bigger the next year? Or at least arrange a similar event at other LANs. There are lots of possibilities and I think this event showed that, if you really want, you can make it happen.

I think there is a genuine criticism to be made of how tf2 was handled at this event. So don’t get defensive. (even if i did make a trolly first post :>) I will try be constructive with it so here goes.

Why couldn’t anyone stream this “amazing display of sportsmanship”. Literally no one even knew what you guys did at dreamhack at all. If not through a dreamhack stream then someone could have at least shoutcasted it. The whole thing seemed super rushed and not planned out.

If you weren’t at dream hack. Which the majority of the people you want to spread tf2 too were not. Then the only hint of tf2 even being there was a small post on the site. And this prize ceremony which was streamed. And that ceremony was bad and embarrassing.

And no offense (But here is something offensive) But you guys at saints really aren’t the creme of the crop of tf2. Most of you are massive internet tough guys with no real positive effect on the tf2 community at all. I know they scraped the bottom of the barrel but jeez. I mean you all threw your toys out the pram when you didn’t get prem. PILLARS OF THE TF2 COMMUNITY? Give me a break.

But you are right any tf2 at dreamhack is good. Just next time get someone to provide the thousands of viewers some context at least. Or better yet tf2 being played :D

And cheers canfo I’m sure you did a amazing job.

I don’t see how you don’t understand this.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Turbo

lots of stuff

As I previously stated, we did not have the means to make this the TF2 event everyone has been waiting for all his life.
Swedish players were invited because a) it makes the event more interesting for the other people who attend (mainly Swedes) and b) it is more likely they would come due to lower travel costs and – times.
Anyway, we figured, we’d just enjoy the hell out of it. It is not like any of the people who went there owe Turbomonkey anything :D

I agree that you can criticize a lot about this event. And I do not even mind, as long as you understand that this event was not intended for you to enjoy and that the organisers of this event are well aware of all the points you made.

dAGNER

duplo

Turbo. Pls.
Stop trying to bait kaja into an argument because you want to flex your argumentative powers on the internet. I know it’s super fun but I’m the one who is gonna have to listen to these whiny nerds on mumble going on and on about how mean you are (looking at you perm).

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »