Forum

New SOAP DM server 10 slot [closed]

Created 16th November 2013 @ 17:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Chrizzer

Quoted from Cuttlefish

[…]

It’s cool you seem to be putting so much effort into this – will defo check it out when I get a chance. Good luck! :]

Thanks! Not playing next season, so I might as well put my server to good use :)

– Sniper limit? Your decision. There will be players that want to play sniper and players that are happy to not see snipers. But if you allow them, pls enable only headshots, and maybe make them insta kill.
– maprotation? Maps are starting to lag for those who use crouchjumping, rly annoying, especially as scout.
– whitelist? Dm-servers are mostly to attract competitive players. So you should use a league whitelist. Etf2l would probably be the best, but if you want to allow some more unlocks, just go with the esea one.
-classlimits? Would be good to also restrict scout and soldiers to, let’s say 3.

I am just pointing out some things I noticed so far so this is my opionon. Maybe others or you will agree and you can change some of them.
Gl with your dm server!

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from maidos

another dm server that fuck demo players over. not playing this one

but.. u cant play demo??

Chrizzer

Quoted from RazorsEdge

– Sniper limit? Your decision. There will be players that want to play sniper and players that are happy to not see snipers. But if you allow them, pls enable only headshots, and maybe make them insta kill.
– maprotation? Maps are starting to lag for those who use crouchjumping, rly annoying, especially as scout.
– whitelist? Dm-servers are mostly to attract competitive players. So you should use a league whitelist. Etf2l would probably be the best, but if you want to allow some more unlocks, just go with the esea one.
-classlimits? Would be good to also restrict scout and soldiers to, let’s say 3.

I am just pointing out some things I noticed so far so this is my opionon. Maybe others or you will agree and you can change some of them.
Gl with your dm server!

Thanks, whitelist has been done.
Sniper will probably just be banned, and I will do something about the class limits. :)
Map rotation is on.

Last edited by Chrizzer,

Chrizzer

Quoted from TWEEKARN\

[…]

but.. u cant play demo??

He can play demo, just not use stickies.

bub

Make the clip smaller like in tryhardbrigade. 2 stickies loaded, 2 stickies left in the clip. A guy from Poland opened his own dm server about 1-1.5 months ago. It’s dead and nearly nobody has played on there for weeks. People are fine with a lot of MGE servers, tryhardbrigade’s overwhelming and well known dm server, huhy’s server that has more maps now; great job huhy, pickup and mix groups so people maybe are/n’t interested in new servers :)
I have bad connection to France, ~70 ping. Hopefully I have a stable and good connection on your server .Good luck for your server!

Last edited by bub,

Chrizzer

Quoted from bub

Make the clip smaller like in tryhardbrigade. 2 stickies loaded, 2 stickies left in the clip. A guy from Poland opened his own dm server about 1-1.5 months ago. It’s dead and nearly nobody has played on there for weeks. People are fine with a lot of MGE servers, tryhardbrigade’s overwhelming and well known dm server, huhy’s server that has more maps now; great job huhy, pickup and mix groups so people maybe are/n’t interested in new servers :)
I have bad connection to France, ~70 ping. Hopefully I have a stable and good connection on your server .Good luck for your server!

As said earlier, I can’t find a way to make the demo’s clip size smaller, and the like. And thanks, I’ll definitely do some of it.

Chrizzer

Quoted from Chrizzer

IP: 82.96.119.30:27015

The server is running SOAP DM and maxclass (to avoid spies etc.)
It’s also a 10 slot nocrit nospread AFKmanager server.

In order to votekick or votemap, use the built-in voting system in tf2.

The server has reserved slots, but it DOES NOT kick players.

If you forget any of this when you already launched the game, read the motd by typing !motd

Please post ideas and stuff like that here.

News:
– Added AFKmanager
– Added fdivs (type !div to see divs)
– 2 scouts, 2 soldiers, 1 demo and 1 sniper each team
– Timelimit set to 30 minutes
– Whitelist added and completed
– Sniper allowed
– Scoping bodyshots are now disabled
– Started the server again: 82.96.119.30:27015
– Added “rtv” and “nominate”
– Demo can now only have 1 sticky out.

Last edited by Chrizzer,

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from hr

Allow sticks and ban sniper because honestly dm doesn’t help you practice sniper and everyone not playing sniper finds it really annoying.

^

Chrizzer

Quoted from b33p

[…]

^

Well it can give a little experience, nonetheless it’s fun to play sniper in dm aswell. So 1 sniper pr. team since snipers can be too much.
Also; It’s not hard to take him down and scoped bodyshots are disabled.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2