I don’t even actually run a GSP

Spike Himself

TC

*slow clap*

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from huhystah

[…]
Why is that exactly? I do not care if Hiperz sponsor me. However I can share my experience with Hiperz organization as I have had few issues occured and every single issue was sorted within the same day. For example when someone started ddosing servers (and still does afaik), quite a few people reported it to Evcz and he took care of it. The next day, my server was having no issues even after getting attacked. Usually every single organization takes at least 24 hours to reply and Evcz replies asap. Having latest maps, configs is a massive bonus especially if you are a lazy person and can’t be arsed downloading FTP to install everything on your own. The panel to manage server is super simple to use and yet very effective (especially if you have no idea how rcon works, it is a massive bonus).

/rant off

Mad?

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from alba

Im thinking about a tragic server, heard they are cheap and good, any thoughts?

Yeah man, two of my friends bought one each and let me manage it. tragic is a really nice guy and have had long chats with him about stuff.

Never had any problems with it. A++

EmilioEstevez

GG

Or if you’re comfortable installing stuff yourself you could get a full box for about the same price as a 20man hiperz server and run multiple servers on it with stv and a mumble and a website and an ftp server, etc.

http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/kimsufi_16g.xml

Of course you’re on your own to an extent with support, but its really not very difficult to do yourself on a small scale and theres plenty of forums/guides to help you out.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

huhystah

Quoted from Limp.

[…]

Mad?

No. I just replied to your post which made no sense.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from huhystah

[…]
No. I just replied to your post which made no sense.

No point replying to the village dribbler.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

I like hiperz

Skyride

DUCS

I know this is a slightly old thread, but I just wanted to address this:

Spike, you’re being completely unreasonable and I genuinely think the patience evcz has shown with you is truly the mark of someone who knows how to business.

Yes, you could do it cheaper. I could do it cheaper. You know why? Because neither of us care about making money at the end of the month. There’s a difference between chucking some servers into an admin panel vs actually providing support, hosting a solid website, making sure everything runs perfect, etc. That shit costs time and money and I really think you’re being narrow minded in ignoring this when I know for a fact that you’re fully aware of it.

Almost every GSP around right is fucking garbage because there’s too many morons who think that all it takes to run a business is renting a server and knowing how to operating a linux shell. The profit margins have been made so low, that anyone who knows what they’re doing can’t make a reasonable amount of money on it.

Hiperz have done an incredible job of staying competitive in a market with a quickly disappearing profit margin, and if you think they’re too expensive then go sign up with gameservers.com and tell me how long your support ticket takes to be properly dealt with about regular lag at peak times.

Last edited by Skyride,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

dan hoor je het ook eens van een ander

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

Yes, you could do it cheaper. I could do it cheaper. You know why? Because neither of us care about making money at the end of the month. There’s a difference between chucking some servers into an admin panel vs actually providing support, hosting a solid website, making sure everything runs perfect, etc. That shit costs time and money and I really think you’re being narrow minded in ignoring this when I know for a fact that you’re fully aware of it.

But that is exactly what I said..

Quoted from Spike Himself

No, it won’t have customer support and have staff online 24/7 to assist you with whatever it is you need assistance with, it won’t come with a neat and functional control panel, and it won’t sustain heavy ddos attacks. If you require those things, then yes, you have to pay for them (as clearly explained by evcz).

@skeej probeer er een beetje bij te blijven, je lijkt het niet helemaal te volgen ;)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Kaneco

calm down guise, I only wanted some opinions and I already made my choice anyway :D altough I was definitely impressed by evcz patience answering all the questions

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4