Forum

Trolls caught by TF2 HL Cups tonight

Created 6th September 2013 @ 01:08

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »

Skully

Quoted from CanFo

Another perfect example why lower skilled teams can not receive any decent prizes.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from CanFo

Another perfect example why lower skilled teams can not receive any decent prizes.

They receive no prizes because they are not good enough at the game. Fuck this “everybody is a winner” mentality.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

They receive no prizes because they are not good enough at the game. Fuck this “everybody is a winner” mentality.

You’re a winner.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

ITT: highlander in a nutshell

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Tomu

[…]

You’re a winner.

Can I have a sticker?

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Can I have a sticker?

Only got bottlecaps I’m afraid.

vani

Bully

Quoted from Fuxx

First of all, the only rule related to alts is this:

“2.6 No acccount sharing and multi accounts”

This of course an etf2l rule, a rule that is only applicable in European TF2 league matches. The Team Colonslash cup (thread found here: http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-27079/ )

Makes it clear that this cup is separate to etf2l.org and even to UGC, with the only indication that it intends to “run alongside of” UGC. In short, Oxy is merely advertising the cup in this website and that alone does not automatically make it an actual cup under the etf2l banner. Further proof of that is the fact that none of the games are actually registered in “Matches played”. Therefore, whatever attempt there would be to justify a standard “one year ban” over this would obviously be fuelled with blind bias and prejudice.

Nowhere does it state either that the men and women in etf2l need to behave in places that are not of etf2l’s jurisdiction if they wish to remain in the league. Sure, it’s common sense to have some sort of etiquette and morale but if it’s not violating any rule then any sort of action would be an act of bias (TC shoving their influence around to manipulate etf2l admins to bend the rules in their favour? Surely that wont happen.)

If any action /is/ taken then I’d like to report Numlocked, Forsak3n and other prem div guys for changing their nicks to pretend to be div3 teams and then troll in the tf.wars irc because hey! Let’s start banning people left and right over trivial topics that are in no way relevant to the actual mechanics of etf2l simply because we were ticked off by it!

Next up is the topic of “trolling”. Now obviously if you see a bunch of guys joining a fun cup (oh dear lord me think of the children, trolling in a FUN cup) with alt accounts then obviously they’re up to no good, but the question then becomes “What kind of ‘up to no good’?”. Anyone who’s ever interacted with us would know that when it comes to “trolling”- actually, let’s use the term “dicking around” here, it’d consist mainly of using relying solely on DM, offclassing and doing all sorts of stupid shit that would easily tone us down to a low div team. Why? Because deciding to go battle medic for the shits and giggles and not get immediately stomped for doing so is fun, that’s why.

“But they still wouldn’t have a chance!” I hear some of you cry. Maybe this is true, I wont deny it, but now I must ask… does it matter? It’s an unofficial cup that is not affiliated to anything or anyone besides the TC community itself. This notion that “newer players/teams would be put off from competitive!” is the cry of a desperate out of proportion argument to further excuse this thread. Newsflash, everyone gets stomped, be it in pubs, in lobbies, in actual official games or… in this case… a pub that no one cares about. Keywords here being “that no one cares about”, in the sense that it does not matter. It’s not official, it’s not affiliated to anything or anyone, it doesn’t change anything whatsoever in any actual league profiles and so it is absolutely irrelevant to anything that actually matters.

I fully understand why the “no alts” rule is in place, for it would be unjust to cheat out in the actual official matches (although the rule makes more sense when there are prizes to be won, which wasn’t the case here) but you insult my intelligence if you think that there are people who’d actually quit competitive altogether over the results of a fun cup. Let’s do the empathy test here, what would I feel like if I was a div6 opponent? Opinions are subjective of course but personally I’d think “welp, time to practice a bit more”. I’d take the mature option of not being an anal devastated primadona who’s too pure and blessed to not handle losing a match in a cup that means nothing. If you think so lowly of div6 teams to compare them with children with a short fuse then you are the one who should be ashamed, for it is exactly this kind of elitist attitude that actually drives people away from the competitive scene.

In short, this whole thing is a lynching in which things are blown out of proportion to promote Oxy’s egocentric image of “Holier than thou”.

Alts were used in a fun cup. It’s not the end of the world, deal with it.

dude calm down nobody is going to ban you from etf2l

vani

Bully

on another note, anyone down for some skullgirls fights add me and we’ll work something out

Fuxx pressed his panicmode bind it seems.

i have skullgirls! :D

jx53

Quoted from Fuxx

First of all, the only rule related to alts is this:

“2.6 No acccount sharing and multi accounts”

This of course an etf2l rule, a rule that is only applicable in European TF2 league matches. The Team Colonslash cup (thread found here: http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-27079/ )

Makes it clear that this cup is separate to etf2l.org and even to UGC, with the only indication that it intends to “run alongside of” UGC. In short, Oxy is merely advertising the cup in this website and that alone does not automatically make it an actual cup under the etf2l banner. Further proof of that is the fact that none of the games are actually registered in “Matches played”. Therefore, whatever attempt there would be to justify a standard “one year ban” over this would obviously be fuelled with blind bias and prejudice.

Nowhere does it state either that the men and women in etf2l need to behave in places that are not of etf2l’s jurisdiction if they wish to remain in the league. Sure, it’s common sense to have some sort of etiquette and morale but if it’s not violating any rule then any sort of action would be an act of bias (TC shoving their influence around to manipulate etf2l admins to bend the rules in their favour? Surely that wont happen.)

If any action /is/ taken then I’d like to report Numlocked, Forsak3n and other prem div guys for changing their nicks to pretend to be div3 teams and then troll in the tf.wars irc because hey! Let’s start banning people left and right over trivial topics that are in no way relevant to the actual mechanics of etf2l simply because we were ticked off by it!

Next up is the topic of “trolling”. Now obviously if you see a bunch of guys joining a fun cup (oh dear lord me think of the children, trolling in a FUN cup) with alt accounts then obviously they’re up to no good, but the question then becomes “What kind of ‘up to no good’?”. Anyone who’s ever interacted with us would know that when it comes to “trolling”- actually, let’s use the term “dicking around” here, it’d consist mainly of using relying solely on DM, offclassing and doing all sorts of stupid shit that would easily tone us down to a low div team. Why? Because deciding to go battle medic for the shits and giggles and not get immediately stomped for doing so is fun, that’s why.

“But they still wouldn’t have a chance!” I hear some of you cry. Maybe this is true, I wont deny it, but now I must ask… does it matter? It’s an unofficial cup that is not affiliated to anything or anyone besides the TC community itself. This notion that “newer players/teams would be put off from competitive!” is the cry of a desperate out of proportion argument to further excuse this thread. Newsflash, everyone gets stomped, be it in pubs, in lobbies, in actual official games or… in this case… a pub that no one cares about. Keywords here being “that no one cares about”, in the sense that it does not matter. It’s not official, it’s not affiliated to anything or anyone, it doesn’t change anything whatsoever in any actual league profiles and so it is absolutely irrelevant to anything that actually matters.

I fully understand why the “no alts” rule is in place, for it would be unjust to cheat out in the actual official matches (although the rule makes more sense when there are prizes to be won, which wasn’t the case here) but you insult my intelligence if you think that there are people who’d actually quit competitive altogether over the results of a fun cup. Let’s do the empathy test here, what would I feel like if I was a div6 opponent? Opinions are subjective of course but personally I’d think “welp, time to practice a bit more”. I’d take the mature option of not being an anal devastated primadona who’s too pure and blessed to not handle losing a match in a cup that means nothing. If you think so lowly of div6 teams to compare them with children with a short fuse then you are the one who should be ashamed, for it is exactly this kind of elitist attitude that actually drives people away from the competitive scene.

In short, this whole thing is a lynching in which things are blown out of proportion to promote Oxy’s egocentric image of “Holier than thou”.

Alts were used in a fun cup. It’s not the end of the world, deal with it.

Who read that? Raise your hand.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from vani

on another note, anyone down for some skullgirls fights add me and we’ll work something out

Can you teach me? I tried half the tutorial and lost interest so I button mashed the single player. But like, combos? They’re a thing?

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from Linus

the big div3 highlander stack damn~

Payne

Quoted from Tomu

[…]

Can you teach me? I tried half the tutorial and lost interest so I button mashed the single player. But like, combos? They’re a thing?

http://skullgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Skullgirls_Wiki

Staffa

UAP

sad…

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »