Forum

Rocket splash goes through enemies to damage them

Created 31st August 2013 @ 00:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

So I was messing around in walkway and I noticed that firing rockets at groups of enemies damages all of them (just like pipes and stickies). I also noticed this when playing some pickups earlier today.

Is this old news, because I can’t remember any patch notes that said this?

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Surely the rockets only splash on the surface it hits on, and thus if someone was behind the soldier they wouldnt take damage.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from toogyboogy

Surely the rockets only splash on the surface it hits on, and thus if someone was behind the soldier they wouldnt take damage.

Try it out, it damages everyone in the splash.

EDIT for clarification:

E E <-rocket- you

E are enemies, you is you firing a rocket. Splash will now damage both, just like pipes & stickies.

Last edited by Casual,

Gonna test this more tomorrow, but it kinda felt like that when I was playing earlier.
Can’t be true though, surely? Would be kind of random by Valve to fix one of the worst bugs in the game without mentioning it

Selek

Dr. med.

Fixed a bug that would prevent Jarate and Mad Milk from applying to all targets within range

Interesting, maybe it has something to do with this patch note?

Spriggan

This bug looks like a bug with 1 pixel wall.(eg in badlands last’s corner)
TF2 has a lot of annoying bugs.

upd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJs9qOr5D10 1:30

Last edited by Spriggan,

CVM

8D

Just confirmed on server with Byte that rocket splash is definitely going through people. Seems to apply to both pipes and stickies as well. Wonder if this change was intentional…

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

gg blocking rockets for your medic anymore…

AnimaL

Quoted from toogyboogy

gg blocking rockets for your medic anymore…

makes sense why i got so much splash damage last night -_-

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I think it’s a mistake. They changed how jarate splashed a few updates ago, then they changed it back but included explosive splash.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from CVM

Just confirmed on server with Byte that rocket splash is definitely going through people. Seems to apply to both pipes and stickies as well. Wonder if this change was intentional…

It always happened with pipes and stickies, that it happens with rockets is new.

Selek probably has the most likely explanation, that Valve’s ‘fix’ for jarate/milk is now applying to every explosive.

Link!

.:ne:.

did they fix the stairs at least?

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Fragga always wanted this. Will he return now? The day of reckoning is upon us D:

Enef

fest
#wubafan

God I hope so

aura

Quoted from Admirable

Fragga always wanted this. Will he return now? The day of reckoning is upon us D:

to tell us how eu is inferiorto na? oh wait

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »