sniper

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

sounds like granary

#fuckgranary
although its even worse than granary in that respect

Smyther

X

All of you babbling about old maps are nuts, and are wasting your breath. Want those maps back? Open them in hammer and fix what was wrong with them.

Or help me learn it how to use it :D

Turning this around, maybe to help these people understand, we should compile a list of old maps somewhere (like, I dunno, a wiki? http://comp.tf/ ) and explain a little about their history, their minor pros & cons, and list the major reasons they are no longer used in competitive.

It’ll also really help mappers who want to make 6v6 maps. Even if you never want to see the light of cp_prolane or cp_dustbowl_pro again, just do it.

In any field, nothing helps more in the creation of a new design than learning how other designs failed.

Last edited by Smyther,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
#fuckgranary
although its even worse than granary in that respect

aspect*

Almie

pwn!
gum

Wow 9 pages in just 1 day. Well I am not gonna read all that drama, I am just gonna say that I fully support and demand new maps. While I love most of the “standard” 6s maps we play, I love new stuff too. Please, lets have at least 2 or 3 of the new maps in there.

Smyther

X

Quoted from Almie

Wow 9 pages in just 1 day. Well I am not gonna read all that drama, I am just gonna say that I fully support and demand new maps. While I love most of the “standard” 6s maps we play, I love new stuff too. Please, lets have at least 2 or 3 of the new maps in there.

“Support and demand” are irrelevant (unless by that you mean you’ll play on them and tell the mapper what he wants to know). New maps don’t just “appear” and don’t just “get support and approval”.

Remember, new maps are always shit maps. Always. They need to be tested so the mapper knows how to fix them. After a lot of time and testing, they become old maps and if by then they’re good maps too, they get put in map rotations. If not, we kick them out until people who’ve never play on them demand them back, or someone else has a go at fixing them and they become new maps again.

Last edited by Smyther,

Indxyou

i liked cpwell

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

aspect*

gtfo kaja div 5 English m8

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Leif

[…]
That’s what I said. If there will ever be a poll (which I hope not) then every division should have an equal number of votes (so if prem has 10 players, div 1 has 25 and div 6 has 1000 each prem vote should count 100 and each div 2 should count 40), as well as having at least a tot number of official (let’s say 10)

Yes, but I don’t agree on it being an equal number of votes anyway. The preferences from the higher divisions should have a much bigger impact on the mappool than anything else. Just because maps like Gravelpit are hard to play for lower divisions doesn’t mean it’s a bad map. If anything it helps them progress.

accless

cp_

I understand that some maps have proven to be broken and/or boring but in some cases, couldn’t that be attributed to the vanilla ruleset?
With the current or even a couple new unlocks, wouldn’t it be possible to make some previously ruled out maps not only playable but fun again?

Smyther

X

Quoted from accless

I understand that some maps have proven to be broken and/or boring but in some cases, couldn’t that be attributed to the vanilla ruleset?
With the current or even a couple new unlocks, wouldn’t it be possible to make some previously ruled out maps not only playable but fun again?

Maybe. Saying and believing that’s the easy part. Finding examples and testing is the hard bit. There’s no way this will, or has ever, worked without time and effort. Even magic silver bullets need to be found and tested.

accless

cp_

New cup with old maps + a bunch of new unlocks then? :B
(I really wanna watch that)

Smyther

X

Related: http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11931-cp-sunshine-5cp :O

JackyLegs

4SKINGS
SDCK!

AGAIN I SAY IT:
WHY TEST OLD MAPS THAT FAILED AND WERE PROVEN TO BE BAD?!
WHEN YOU CAN TEST NEW MAPS AND CHECK OUT IF THEY’RE ACTUALLY GOOD?!
WE GAVE CP_WELL, CP_FREIGHT, CP_EVERYOLDMAPTHATWASPLAYED A CHANCE, AND THEY DIDN’T WORK, HOW ABOUT TESTING NEW MAPS??
READ THE 1ST PAGE AND CHECK OUT MAPS THAT CAN ACTUALLY WORK

Don’t make cups for old maps, make cups for new maps!
What’s the point of being a map maker when all people want are old maps?

P.S: cp_sunshine looks has huge potential imo, however since it’s in his alpha stages, that map will need to be improved, fixed and done relaly fast which seems unlikely.

Last edited by JackyLegs,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from accless

can you give an example then?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from accless

New cup with old maps + a bunch of new unlocks then? :B
(I really wanna watch that)

Well will still be shit. Fastlane will still be shit. Obscure will still be shit. Freight will still be shit.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »