Forum

ETF2L Season 16 Map Pool - Ideas

Created 30th August 2013 @ 12:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

Leif

Someone need to tell me what is good in Freight.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Leif

The only big problem about it is, in my opinion, the last point which takes ages to push onto correctly.
Apart from that, it’s almost perfect, except I would add more higher ground on mid and widen the point itself.

JackyLegs

4SKINGS
SDCK!

Why aren’t the NA dudes suggest old maps like freight and well?
They’re actually suggesting NEW maps, why do you guys keep on bringing those maps up when they were ALREADY tested and failed?

Try thinking of new maps, new ones who look interesting and could get a chance in trying them out!

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from Leif

trains

accless

cp_

Quoted from toogyboogy

[…]

trains

What about that Gravelpit-esque map that was recently released? I like the thought people put into playing a cp map like that.
Also, I haven’t been playing back then. Why are A/D maps not played at all?

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

To all those asking for old maps back please, oh please realise that where you may not have played them before and can’t see any problems with them understand they have been played, some over a few seasons,and been binned for very good reasons. Pleae trust us old timres to still have a clue aand just accept that for varous reasons they don’t work so well in 6v6, or more importantly at the top end of 6v6.

I mean seriously, I remember seeing a 0-0 freight match. I remember getting sniped from the back of mid after spawning forward on warmfront. I remember 10 minute stalemates on turbine. I remember playing gpit for over an hour and a half.I remember lots of badtimes on these maps.

Please just trust the guys who came before you. Pls.

caeli

#T4F

Can someone tell me what is wrong with Snowy Obscure? ” FPS IS NOT VALID ANSWER” map itself

Last edited by caeli,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Monkeh

To all those asking for old maps back please, oh please realise that where you may not have played them before and can’t see any problems with them understand they have been played, some over a few seasons,and been binned for very good reasons. Pleae trust us old timres to still have a clue aand just accept that for varous reasons they don’t work so well in 6v6, or more importantly at the top end of 6v6.

I mean seriously, I remember seeing a 0-0 freight match. I remember getting sniped from the back of mid after spawning forward on warmfront. I remember 10 minute stalemates on turbine. I remember playing gpit for over an hour and a half.I remember lots of badtimes on these maps.

Please just trust the guys who came before you. Pls.

turbine wanst that bad tho :/

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from caeli

Can someone tell me what is wrong with Snowy Obscure? ” FPS IS NOT VALID ANSWER” map itself

The map tended to stalemate around the mid to second and second to last pushes. Very difficult to win a round once you had lost mid and so teams would often just slow the game down with heavies and engineers to avoid losing a round instead.

Leif

Quoted from Clark

[…]
The only big problem about it is, in my opinion, the last point which takes ages to push onto correctly.
Apart from that, it’s almost perfect, except I would add more higher ground on mid and widen the point itself.

You forget how difficult is to push from last to second and second to mid without a wipe but whatever.

I’d like to try Edifice tbh, cup maybe?

Last edited by Leif,

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from Leif

[…]
You forget how difficult is to push from last to second and second to mid without a wipe but whatever.

I’d like to try Edifice tbh, cup maybe?

yeah, try edifice. I don’t really want metalworks to be added.

Droidster

tavi

I think we should have a couple of cups to test NEW maps, not ones that have already been played and removed because they were shit, the maps haven’t changed and are just as bad as ever.

The americans also started a new map testing group here http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11930

It would be nice if someone made an EU version.

Phnx

Quoted from Droidster

I think we should have a couple of cups to test NEW maps, not ones that have already been played and removed because they were shit, the maps haven’t changed and are just as bad as ever.

The americans also started a new map testing group here http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11930

It would be nice if someone made an EU version.

there is a group for unusual maps 6s mixes. the problem is there might be like one privet mix in a few months.

Skully

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

Because some people enjoy the game being fresh. The fuck’s wrong with that? Take your head out of your ass.

And I’m going to link you to this

Quoted from Monkeh

I’ve been there and seen it, I’ve been games that are pointless. When we bring an old map in ,it lasts 3 weeks before “oh fuck this is boring, but we’re screwed now”

And you wanna talk about new maps? Ok, lets talk Bazillion and obscure remake. Two maps that on paper were ok, but failed so much that they were NEVER played outside of league. And I fucking hate that, we the community will ask for a new map because it looks cool, yet we NEVER test the map in one night cups. Oh and when we do, its full of low div teams playing because they’re the ones who the majority want to see these new cool and hip maps. But the moment thats over, it will be played for the grand total of FOUR weeks in a season, never touched out of season in PCWs because no one wants it, and when it comes to any map elimination pools with said new map, will be banned out right away

I’ve seen this before for the last 3 years, and its the same. Right now there is NO NEW MAP that can be considered fair and enjoyable to play and watch, Process and Viaduct just got added, we have a nice pool. Suck it up and play

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

The map tended to stalemate around the mid to second and second to last pushes. Very difficult to win a round once you had lost mid and so teams would often just slow the game down with heavies and engineers to avoid losing a round instead.

sounds like granary

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »