soL.
T⑨

Gravelpit

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from T0m

[…]

Yes I can. Its a shit map.

Opinions, I guess. I enjoy it a lot. Probably too much.

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Quoted from Smyther

Hey, anyone up for adding 2fort? It’ll add variety and attract new players to comp since it’s ctf and there’s loads of pubs running it. And it’ll be much easier than making and testing new maps. :|

u fukin wot m8

Leif

Quoted from RazorsEdge

[…]

And it might be worth to thing about weighting the votes. For example prem votes count 5 times, div1 4times and stuff.
Don’t want to say div6 people shouldn’t be allowed to vote. But you should agree that a prem player knows more about the game (and maps) than someone who just started playing the game.

This is a good idea but it wont work unless the weight of each is very good. The right way to do it is to make so that the amount of weighted vote from each division is equal (or at least almost).
We could take the statistics to make an estimate of how many people would vote from past polls (example) to weight the votes correctly.

But anyway, I would still prefer to let the high div players decide and keep or change the current one according to their decision rather than having a poll with the risk of having shitty map back in.

Last edited by Leif,

JackyLegs

4SKINGS
SDCK!

Suggesting maps that have proven as not-worthy playing maps is just trolling and dumb.

Stop trying to suggest coldfront where there is a pro version with fixes and is better in general.

Also, if gpit was cut out, why put it back and try the same map again?
There is a new A/D map as you know, called cp_ediface.

basshead

mid

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Mike and Tviq for example, iirc that they left because 6v6 just became stale for them

yeah it became stale because the lack of new maps/unlocks, not like they’d played the game for 3 years

Mike

TEZC

maps/unlocks were fine actually, i just left cause i’m going to uni

HBFS

YUGO

I want freight back.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Leif

[…]

This is a good idea but it wont work unless the weight of each is very good. The right way to do it is to make so that the amount of weighted vote from each division is equal (or at least almost).
We could take the statistics to make an estimate of how many people would vote from past polls (example) to weight the votes correctly.

But anyway, I would still prefer to let the high div players decide and keep or change the current one according to their decision rather than having a poll with the risk of having shitty map back in.

All that shows is that there is a correlation between maps that require good mechanics and strategy and the divisions. Maps that are very technical to play aren’t really loved by the lower divisions.

Weighted votes don’t make sense unless we also limit the number of votes the lower divisions can cast. Even when you weigh them the lower divisions will still have a bigger impacts due to the sheer number of players.

Last edited by Koeitje,

rytis

PrettyGay

anyways this seasons map pool was fine, whats the problem?

Leif

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]
Weighted votes don’t make sense unless we also limit the number of votes the lower divisions can cast. Even when you weigh them the lower divisions will still have a bigger impacts due to the sheer number of players.

That’s what I said. If there will ever be a poll (which I hope not) then every division should have an equal number of votes (so if prem has 10 players, div 1 has 25 and div 6 has 1000 each prem vote should count 100 and each div 2 should count 40), as well as having at least a tot number of official (let’s say 10)

Last edited by Leif,

Leif

Quoted from JackyLegs

Suggesting maps that have proven as not-worthy playing maps is just trolling and dumb.

Stop trying to suggest coldfront where there is a pro version with fixes and is better in general.

Also, if gpit was cut out, why put it back and try the same map again?
There is a new A/D map as you know, called cp_ediface.

Gravelpit was not cut off because it is a bad map.

Sarah

Quoted from Vlijm

Freight
Fastlane
Cp_well

Miss you guys, please come back

is there actually someone who enjoys playing cp_well ?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 Next »