Forum

american+european league

Created 27th August 2013 @ 13:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from fishyard

[…]

Ping doesn’t matter that much in HL. And America would’ve fucked everyone in HL if htey didn’t have the ping handicap.

so in 6v6 it matters
nice logic

FreezeR

CGAY&BB

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

esea csgo

false,4top taems NA invite + 4top teams EU invite = playing on lan finals

they dont play online vs each other

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from exeL

[…]
good point. still, a one night cup might work….

it cant work bcuz of the timezones… cup starts at 15:00 cest, its like night or something@’murica

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from exeL

[…]
well, israelis play with 80-100 ping, and that works well.. there were israelis in prem, and there are still a few in prem level at the moment. (im not counting bar cuz hes a medic and its different…)
good soldiers and demomen with 100 ping are out there – matnun, rtshock, tarkus (i guess…), and scouts aswell, but again – ping doesn’t affect them as much.
ya, it is harder with higher ping,and thats why don’t think it should replace the normal leagues, but making a bigger league could be cool…

edit: and what andee said! :D

The difference between 80-100ms and 100-200ms is huge. I play in Pugna quite often and I get about 120ms to Chicago. I can still play soldier and demo with that ping, but I aim does get quite a bit worse (even worse than it is on 20ms OLOWLOWL). The other pug server is in Dallas and I get about 140ms there. That little increase in ping makes such a huge difference that it almost becomes impossible to play for me. I can only image how bad it would be to play with higher ping than that.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Quoted from rytis

[…]
so in 6v6 it matters
nice logic

“Doesn’t matter that much”. My reasoning for this statement is that there’s several classes in HL where high ping isn’t all that dangerous and DM doesn’t matter as much in HL either (In my opinion).

Last edited by fishyard,

Apolloftw

Quoted from FreezeR

[…]

false,4top taems NA invite + 4top teams EU invite = playing on lan finals

they dont play online vs each other

The same thing could also happen for EU TF2 in Season 16 in ESEA (Need more teams to sign up for Season 15 for that to happen).

EmilioEstevez

GG

UK to NY server is about 90-110 ping at best. Elsewhere in Europe or America it will be much worse. Its hard to play at 100+ ping, but once you’re getting to 150+ or so the game becomes unplayable (or at least incredibly difficult) for most classes.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

T-Mac

DA!

so they’ll have to play at 2pm or us at 4am ..

Last edited by T-Mac,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2