Forum

ESEA in Europe

Created 13th August 2013 @ 00:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 22 Next »

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

Are there different skill-brackets or only 1 big group for EU?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

There was nothing sneaky intended with my reply. I am happy that ESEA finally makes the move and offers their services for TF2 in Europe as well. This could be a great thing, just do not expect 300 signups for the first season :P

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

Are there different skill-brackets or only 1 big group for EU?

The inaugural division will be “Open” only. The ESEA division system works a bit differently from the ETF2L system as in that you can only enter in Open as a new team and have to work your way up through Intermediate (, Main) to Invite. I would expect ESEA to add an IM division with the top Open teams in the following season, after that possibly a Main division and then an Invite division.
Correct me if I am wrong anywhere. I am mainly quoting from my memory or speculating.

AnimaL

Quoted from demsii

Didn’t we already have a league like that (sort of) called ESL and didn’t it kinda fail in the long run?

ESL didn’t even try asking for money because it was clear it wont work

ESAgamer.com tried it and couldnt get 8 2v2 teams spending 5 quid each for a ultiduo cup

this really will not happen in eu

IPZIE

SUAVE

I cant believe that you and CanFo really have the guts to compare ESAgamer to ESEA. Jesus christ

demsii

EPA

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]ESL didn’t even try asking for money because it was clear it wont work

ESAgamer.com tried it and couldnt get 8 2v2 teams spending 5 quid each for a ultiduo cup

this really will not happen in eu

Yeah, I know.. I meant more like that the league kinda failed in the long run cuz of needing a client and they didn’t even ask money ;p

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from IPZIE

I cant believe that you and CanFo really have the guts to compare ESAgamer to ESEA. Jesus christ

Don’t put words in my mouth please. Nowhere did I compare ESEA to ESA.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

ESA are trustworthy, ESEA are rich. An easy choice for most.

Kaneco

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
Source: My memory and http://comp.tf/wiki/ESEA

Wow quoting Comp.tf and everything <3 CanFo :D Thats exactly how I intended it to be used.

I dont see the reason for the hype, you had ESAgamer opportunity to show your support for p2p leagues, it didn't go so well as far as I know. The only advantage ESEA has here is the infrastructure and being established in other areas, other than that it's even more expensive, it isn't certain to work, I hope it does, but I wouldn't put my hands in the fire for them. EU scene is vastly different from the NA scene. Not only in mentaility but also a lot in household income and financial stability. Which will matter even more for a p2p league.

Also, lol @ the people bashing Market gardener in the other thread and now drooling all over this announcement knowing that we will play by their rules not ours.

Larath

/gE/
GoodE

this is amazing news, I so want this to work out well.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

I just went and registered to show some kind of support but it wants a shit load of cash off of me just to have a go at playing in an open division where there’s every chance of meeting some big boys and winning sweet FA. Not that I pay to win monies but that’s why etf2l has been so successful, everyone can have a bash and it costs nothing but some spare time and a bit of raised blood pressure.

Not sure if it’s going to appeal to enough people to make it worth their while. Saying that, if it does then it’s going to be great. A semi-pro status for TF2 we have all kinda dreamed about forever.

Good luck to them, but I feel there will be less than 15 teams that sign up and pay. This may be enough to get the ball rolling if those teams are well known/respected enough so season 2, (16…w/e), might grow and onwards and upwards.

The yanks though are known for their less than brilliant minds and, (compared to say Eastern Europe), big pockets, so that might be why it works over there. Us cheapskate Euro’s might not have available funds or the desire to part with said funds.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

(naturally the comment about their minds is tongue in cheek before any U-S-A! morons have a go at me, chill your little inbred deep south minds and relax, cheers :D xxx )

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Monkeh

I just went and registered to show some kind of support but it wants a shit load of cash off of me just to have a go at playing in an open division where there’s every chance of meeting some big boys and winning sweet FA. Not that I pay to win monies but that’s why etf2l has been so successful, everyone can have a bash and it costs nothing but some spare time and a bit of raised blood pressure.

Not sure if it’s going to appeal to enough people to make it worth their while. Saying that, if it does then it’s going to be great. A semi-pro status for TF2 we have all kinda dreamed about forever.

Good luck to them, but I feel there will be less than 15 teams that sign up and pay. This may be enough to get the ball rolling if those teams are well known/respected enough so season 2, (16…w/e), might grow and onwards and upwards.

The yanks though are known for their less than brilliant minds and, (compared to say Eastern Europe), big pockets, so that might be why it works over there. Us cheapskate Euro’s might not have available funds or the desire to part with said funds.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

(naturally the comment about their minds is tongue in cheek before any U-S-A! morons have a go at me, chill your little inbred deep south minds and relax, cheers :D xxx )

obv the first part doesn’t really apply to me, but yeah

AnimaL

Nah, you both just haters cuz u don’t want to play with unlocks

Monkeh

Quoted from AnimaL

Nah, you both just haters cuz u don’t want to play with unlocks

If more than 15 teams sign up before deadline day, and PAY, then I will pay for my entire team to play there as well. How’s that? No hate here.

Then Mike can have the pleasure of raping my face with his boomstick.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Comparing ESA’s model in any way to ESEA’s is dumb as shit and if you don’t realise why you should probably rethink your life.

This is a great thing for TF2, the prize money will provide actual competition and reason for teams to put in effort in invite rather than just sit at the bottom of prem and look pretty. Look at the American scene and their model and tell me for one second that ours is more competitive or conducive to an atmosphere of putting in effort.

ESEA has a history of refining their league based on good advice from a plethora of knowledgeable TF2 people and they run it well. It allows us a very easy way of unifying the scenes across the Atlantic which is a great thing and the entire system they use is, imo, superior to ETF2L’s.

Paying to play and only progressing in consistent teams is a foundation for increasing the skill of teams in the league; consider ETF2L where teams don’t often last longer than a season or two, and there are often 2 mix teams in prem (that’s a quarter of the most viewed teams in the game). In ESEA you have a real incentive to stick together as a team and progress, and not just chop and change mix teams about and never get anywhere. It’s a great step forward when you combine that with the added incentive of there being cash prizes for each division (as there is currently in NA and would be if there was enough support in EU). If you’re in a d4/3 team in europe, you can win diddlysquat and never get any time in the limelight – in America using ESEA you can win Open, get casted, talked about and get some money for your efforts! I’d certainly prefer the latter.

You also have an AC tool which has been proven to work effectively in America, no more random frenchies getting banned (freebaud). And it’s not actually that bad I don’t think, although I’m sure harbleu will let us know exactly whether there are problems with it.

At the moment yes, it’s only one division and you’re gonna get pooped on like in ESA, but with added support there will be multiple divisions and it’ll approach the NA system more and more, which is a great thing.

Allowing ESL to drop TF2 in europe was probably the worst thing to happen to our scene and we shouldn’t let it happen to ESEA either just because we’re used to free, but utterly pointless, competition.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 22 Next »