Forum

Losing steam connection

Created 21st July 2013 @ 21:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1

doks

So this is getting quite anoying now.
I keep getting disconnected from servers, lost steam connection.. and if i rejoin the server straight away it will just keep kicking me out sometimes after a minute, sometimes after 2 maybe 5.. but unless i restart steam it wont go away.
and that is fucking bullshit… that every evening i have to restart steam during the first or second map.
Any ideas whats cousing it ? and how to fix it ?

reinstalled steam and tf2 completly – did not help
played with firewall and AV off – did not help

cannot upgrade/change my internet speed/ISP

Last edited by doks,

doks

srsly ? nothing ?

Limp.

EPA

Get Laptop

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

You’re not really giving a whole lot to work with. Call your isp.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Rake

You’re not really giving a whole lot to work with. Call your isp.

dont think its his isp as I had this issue as well

george

I’m having similar issue right now and I’m pretty sure there is nothing much you can do about this but wait. I’m also having some packet loss issues but that’s most likely related to my ISP.

rge

That might be too simple, but do you play with a wireless connection?
If yes, use a cable. Once I had microwave oven which was killing my wireless completly while heating dinner. There might be some other evil wireless phones ‘n stuff which could do the same.

Once I read you should logoff from steam friends. Don’t know if that helps, worth a try tho.

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from rge

That might be too simple, but do you play with a wireless connection?
If yes, use a cable. Once I had microwave oven which was killing my wireless completly while heating dinner. There might be some other evil wireless phones ‘n stuff which could do the same.

Once I read you should logoff from steam friends. Don’t know if that helps, worth a try tho.

Why would he ever play on the wireless connection, if he has the cable?

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Mirelin

[…]

he has a laptop maybe?

doks

not a laptop, no wireless.

i have heard people having the same issues.. doubt its ISPs fault

have been having this for quite some time now, but only recently (like 3-4 weeks ago) it started to be an issue that happens every night.

i should clearify – it happens in the morning, evenings and even mid-day. as soon as i play for longer then 20minutes or so boom… sometimes it doesnt even take that long

Last edited by doks,

rge

Quoted from Mirelin

[…]

There are people who are very keen on feng shui. A loose cable can totally destroy the positive vibes and energy flow within a room.

rockie

VAC BAN

maidos

my friend had the same exact issue where he cant play anylonger than 10 minutes in dota and in tf2, i told him to just uninstall steam and the steam gamels, delete all content and after he reinstalled everything, he could play normally again. It has been a week now and no connection loss

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from rytis

[…]
he has a laptop maybe?

I have two laptops in my apartment. I use a cable on each of them.

Using wireless connection instead of the cable, if you have such a possibility, is like flying in the economy class plane when you can fly in the high class for free.

Last edited by Mirelin,

Add A Reply Pages: 1