Comp.tf - A competitive tf2 wiki

Created 1st July 2013 @ 00:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

evokje

WiK?

http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki

Smyther

X

I’d love to see a compTF2 wiki. Wiki’s can be copied an merged, so starting an intendant one is fine.

Wikipedia pissed off it’s Brazilian community a few years ago so they fucked off and made their own. After a while, they sorted things out, but everyone kept using the Brazilian wiki anyway because that’s where all the updated articles were. After a few years more, someone eventually copied every page over to wikipedia, and then the Brazilian community finally went back to using wikipedia.

But in all that time, having a separate wiki didn’t interrupt the community’s contribution and access to the information. Since the guy who started the thread is pushing for a separate wiki and is apparently willing to sort out the hosting, let that happen and just start contributing to whatever springs up. The information can be copied and moved later.

Kaneco

Quoted from Smyther

I’d love to see a compTF2 wiki. Wiki’s can be copied an merged, so starting an intendant one is fine.

Wikipedia pissed off it’s Brazilian community a few years ago so they fucked off and made their own. After a while, they sorted things out, but everyone kept using the Brazilian wiki anyway because that’s where all the updated articles were. After a few years more, someone eventually copied every page over to wikipedia, and then the Brazilian community finally went back to using wikipedia.

But in all that time, having a separate wiki didn’t interrupt the community’s contribution and access to the information. Since the guy who started the thread is pushing for a separate wiki and is apparently willing to sort out the hosting, let that happen and just start contributing to whatever springs up. The information can be copied and moved later.

Absolutly, if the official wiki team was to invite us to join them later on, I wouldn’t put any barriers to it. But right now I think this is the best path for us. the scene is really getting involved and the support has been phenomenal.

Also, started adding people to the moderation team. Should get things going on smoother, just worked on the steam group for now, will add the moderation group and user rights to the wiki tomorrow only (it’s already quite late).

I added the most active people on the wiki but I couldn’t find the steam ids of many active users because they have different names on the wiki and this forum. So if you want to apply for a moderation position just be active on the wiki and add me on steam, or add your steam ID to your User Talk page on the wiki and just be active and wait for me to invite you.

If you want to support the site you can join and invite all your friends
steamcommunity.com/groups/comptf

Fuxx

REMOVE

I don’t understand this negativity. At the end of the day it ends up being a lot more practical, comfortable and overall accessible. Besides, shouldn’t we be encouraging people to have the initiative and dedication to do stuff like this?

+1

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Koeitje

You are fucking retarded if you think that building a seperate wiki is better than adding to the official one.

If we are to follow through that line of logic, why do we have a teamfortress wiki when wikipedia exists?

Last edited by Skyride,

Dennia

FAINT

unben pl000x

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

If we are to follow through that line of logic, why do we have a teamfortress wiki when wikipedia exists?

So much this

aura

less hats, more strats

shank

vs

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

lul rekt

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

I don;t see the usefullness of a seperate comp wiki either…
Arguing that you can’t get the info added is nonsense, as long as you stick to the formatting guidelines and make it a seperate piece, I don’t think there would be any problem.

I’ve done some ‘real’ wikipedia pages with info, and yes, your stuff will get edited unless it is absolutely spot on, but thats the whole idea about a wiki, combining everyone’s input and filtering it to give the best end-result (e.g. what is most true/correct).

Kaneco

I updated the player info template drought created.

You can start creating player pages easily now using the template in this page http://comp.tf/wiki/Template:Player_infobox

I really wanted to have an automated template that would add the country flagicons to each country, but I have no idea how to do it.

Same for links, for example add an automatic image to steam profile with the steam icon, youtube icon for youtube account, twitch, etc… If anyone can help me out let me know

Kaneco

Went through all the pages in the wiki.

Here’s a list with all the really incomplete / blank ones.
http://comp.tf/wiki/Missing_content

Added suggestions on what to do with them as well.

Keep in mind there’s a lot more pages that haven’t been created yet, you can also start helping by feeling those gaps, but if you feel a little lost just start helping us with these.

Kaneco

Re-organized our to-do list, should now be much more self-explanatory and with the current templates linked.

If you are not sure where to start editing and adding content, start here

http://comp.tf/wiki/Editors_To_Do_List

If you need help with anything just post here or add me.

e•on

o_O

I would really like to support this site and help expanding it, but I have a few Questions:

1.I recently played my first Season ever (in d5) – am I allowed to write/edit articles?
If so:
2. I am not a native english speaker, will the articles be read again to check for grammar/spelling mistakes?
3. Am I allowed to use pictures and if so only ones I took or can I use others, too if I provide the source?

Kaneco

Quoted from e•on

I would really like to support this site and help expanding it, but I have a few Questions:

1.I recently played my first Season ever (in d5) – am I allowed to write/edit articles?
If so:
2. I am not a native english speaker, will the articles be read again to check for grammar/spelling mistakes?
3. Am I allowed to use pictures and if so only ones I took or can I use others, too if I provide the source?

1. Yes absolutely! Everyone can help! Although it’s obvious the more experienced you are the more you might have to add to the discussion
2. Yeah, thats basically how a wiki works
3. You are allowed to use any picture, many tf2 images circling around are free to use, but source them just in case. If it’s yours even better

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »