Forum

Uninstalling OpenPlugin

Created 19th May 2013 @ 12:41

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

Opti

$WIZARD

Hello,
a mounth ago I installed OpenPlugin, to record demo with fov 110, then i deleted all files (OpenPlugin.bat and hfx.dll), however, when i do plugin_unload OpenPlugin, it tells me that the plugin is unloaded.But, I can’t use the features of OpenPlugin, nor can I reload it by plugin_load OpenPlugin (not found). So do I risk something for this? How could I totally uninstall this?
edit : Yeah, can’t voice chat on game.

Last edited by Opti,

atmo

1. check your tf/addons/ folder
2. move all your valuable items to another account

AnimaL

Quoted from atmo

1. check your tf/addons/ folder
2. move all your valuable items to another account

problem is open plugin isnt plugin anymore, its blatant hack… still love retards who install hacks and then qq on forums asking how to remove em :DD

easyGame

Also remove “-insecure” from your launchoptions.

fawwles

TSUN~

bye

Python

gg no re

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

How about you fucking idiots just help the guy out or shut the fuck up?

Remove -insecure (if it was still there) and delete the folder where you extracted the downloaded files to.

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]problem is open plugin isnt plugin anymore, its blatant hack… still love retards who install hacks and then qq on forums asking how to remove em :DD

Yeah just like mumble/steamoverlay/fraps aggressively inject themselves are hacks. Shut the fuck up.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

The mad is strong with this one

AnimaL

Quoted from Casual

how about etf2l admins start having backbone and ban idiots who make and post hacks in etf2l forum

Trath

Quoted from Casual

Remove -insecure (if it was still there) and delete the folder where you extracted the downloaded files to.

[…]
Yeah just like mumble/steamoverlay/fraps aggressively inject themselves are hacks. Shut the fuck up.

While he is just being an asshole, can you really compare what OpenPlugin to mumble/steamoverlay/fraps?

They all inject, but they don’t alter the game, they add text unrelated to the game (who is speaking in mumble, a chat message somebody wrote to you) or record. Therefore they aren’t hacks.
OpenPlugin alters the game. Therefore it is considered as a hack, even if the “worst” thing it does is allow a higher FOV.

Its a ridiculous argument tbh.

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from Trath

[…]

While he is just being an asshole, can you really compare what OpenPlugin to mumble/steamoverlay/fraps?

They all inject, but they don’t alter the game, they add text unrelated to the game (who is speaking in mumble, a chat message somebody wrote to you) or record. Therefore they aren’t hacks.
OpenPlugin alters the game. Therefore it is considered as a hack, even if the “worst” thing it does is allow a higher FOV.

Casual’s argument was completely valid. AnimaL used retarded reasoning and was basically implying that mumble overlay and fraps is a hack. Casual only pointed it out.

Niicol

dc.
-ugo?-

Quoted from Python

gg no re

Niicol

dc.
-ugo?-

Quoted from Trath

[…]

altering the game is hacking the game. if maximum fov is 90, putting it up to >90 is hacking. deal with it. putting mat_picmic up to 10 still is hacking, but at least its way more useful than the 130 fov.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Trath

[…]

From what I could tell, the argument he was trying to make was just because it doesn’t use the traditional plugin interface it must be a cheat (“open plugin isnt plugin anymore [sic]”).

Also keep in mind it’s not possible to ‘define’ “alters the game” (well, you can define it in non-technical terms). Steam overlay / mumble / fraps literally ‘hack’ (as in, they make modifications) to system dlls in order to do their business. Have a screenshot of what mumble does: http://i.imgur.com/zW3Qs1s.png

VAC doesn’t give a damn whether you ‘alter the game’ (your own custom definition). It cares about raw technicalities. In terms that VAC understands, these are far more invasive.

The only thing that matters here is that Valve decided to ban it (and not mumble or others). The only definition of what a hack is and what isn’t, is what Valve says it is.

phy-

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]how about etf2l admins start having backbone and ban idiots who make and post hacks in etf2l forum

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »