Forum

STEAMPIPE

Created 30th April 2013 @ 19:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Cons

fov_
.org

anyone here knows how to fix the “minilags” me and my co soldier get when playing now that we updated to steam pipe? i would really appreciate if you could help me :s

Cheff

WiP |

I think I have the same problem, everything seems very choppy sometimes and I have no idea why.

Cons

fov_
.org

Quoted from Cheff

I think I have the same problem, everything seems very choppy sometimes and I have no idea why.

we just officially got valved i guess :(

AnimaL

is it possible that you had whitelisted the previous tf2 dir in antivirus and new /common folder isnt whitelisted? antivirus can cause lags,spikes,stutters etc…

JackyLegs

4SKINGS
SDCK!

Quoted from AnimaL

is it possible that you had whitelisted the previous tf2 dir in antivirus and new /common folder isnt whitelisted? antivirus can cause lags,spikes,stutters etc…

What do you mean by that? how can I make it whitelisted?

ash

(Legend)
:D

Somewhere in your antivirus options you can disable real time scanning / monitoring of certain folders/disks, that’s called whitelisting. Basically you tell your antivirus “anything within there is not dangerous to my PC so you do not need to scan that area”.

I guess, if you dont know how to whitelist something in your antivirus, you wont have done it to your old /tf/ folder by accident.

AnimaL

Open your antivirus software and find whitelist or exclusion of sorts… And apply it to steamapps/common directory.

JackyLegs

4SKINGS
SDCK!

Worked like a charm.
Thanks!

Cons

fov_
.org

ill try it :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1