Forum

How many play on Linux

Created 21st April 2013 @ 20:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Nocturnals

Doc.
cp_

This is more out of curiosity, i have made the plunge to be a full time Linux user just recently forced mainly because of how much i use it at work. I am currently using it on my Main gaming Machine. TF2 plays very well and with good FPS 200+, along side alot of other steam games that have been converted.

So anyone else out there playing on Linux?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I used Linux a lot ten years ago. Tried to install it yesterday (for OpenPlugin) and the most popular distribution, currently Ubuntu, has the exact same install options as ten years ago, which require you to RESEARCH FILE SYSTEMS. Anyone too angry and self-loathing to learn from the designers of Windows, who get paid handsomely to do that stuff really well, shouldn’t be allowed near a toaster never mind a computer. Rant over.

I’d play if I could get good fps and use OpenPlugin. I heard it’s not good for ATI cards though.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from fraac

…has the exact same install options as ten years ago, which require you to RESEARCH FILE SYSTEMS. …

They could just go the Microsoft way and refuse to even read non-Linux partitions and give you a friendly option to wipe your entire disk.

AnimaL

200? i play with 1000 on windows

Spike Himself

TC

Ten years ago NTFS was read-only, and even that was buggy. It’s not all that bad nowadays :D

frixx

LG

Quoted from AnimaL

your family must be so proud

Nocturnals

Doc.
cp_

Quoted from AnimaL

LOL how small is your John Thomas to come out with a remark like that. Anyways this thread was about who uses Linux and there experiences with it.

Last edited by Nocturnals,

konr

Quoted from Nocturnals

[…]

LOL how small is your John Thomas to come out with a remark like that. Anyways this thread was about who uses Linux and there experiences with it.

I think the point he was trying to make was that playing with Linux seems pointless to him if people seem to get such a shit FPS in comparison to what they get on Windows. He’s only going off of what you said though, so I suppose your rig and his rig could be pretty different.

Nocturnals

Doc.
cp_

Ye very much so as i have only lost out on around 30-50fps in total running chris maxquality config so over all im very happy with that

My rig is an
Alienware M17x R3
120hz 3d Screen
8gb 1600 ddr3
2gb GTX 580m
i7 2720 @2.4 3.4 turbo
120gb ssd
320gb hdd storage

iQue

keso

I use Ubuntu on my laptop and I’m very happy with it. Pretty fast for web + office stuff, but the video card is too bad for anything real in terms of gaming. Quake Live runs at 30 fps, so you get the idea, but 2D stuff is all good.

I wouldn’t really consider switching on my main gaming rig, too dependent on windows programs for school, and cba messing with wine for games

Nocturnals

Doc.
cp_

I agree with iQue for the most part when it comes to wine i hate the program but on the gaming front Valve have started there own Linux distro which i think will drastically change the gaming OS market. Only time will tell though i guess.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Nocturnals

Valve have started there own Linux distro

Link? (their* btw)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Koala

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTM0MDc
I’m not a fan of Ubuntu though ;/

Quantum Plumber

[DA]

Quoted from fraac

which require you to RESEARCH FILE SYSTEMS.

That is not true.

Last edited by Quantum Plumber,

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from AnimaL

1000? i play with 60 on windowns

Last edited by evokje,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »