Created 16th April 2013 @ 00:08

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Vaskie

BulletClub

Just saw some news about MGE 2.0 on Teamfortress.tv
Can’t wait to see this being used over here. 2vs2, Ultiduo, Fun Map, etc :D

MGE mod 2.0 has been released!

Download/source link: https://github.com/Langeh/MGEMod

(changes are in the process of being committed to GIT, should be up soon.)

Changelog:

New Features
-2v2 arenas
-KOTH arenas
-Turris arenas
-Ultiduo arenas
-!swap command in ultiduo that allows you to ask your teammate to swap classes with you
-!top5 is now a navigable ELO ranking menu that lets you view all players in the database

Bug fixes
-Flag in bball is now actually a flag instead of an ammopack

Removed features
-Advanced stats

With the new MGE mod you can now play 2v2 in all arena types. KOTH mode also means that you can add a capture point
to any arena and play the arena as a koth map. Ultiduo mode forces players to only have 1 soldier and 1 medic. Turris
mode regens players every 5 seconds like the map Turris. Advanced/Accuracy stats were removed in order to increase server
performance when running the mod.

Known Bugs/This is supposed to happen so don’t tell me its a bug:

-You will be killed at the end of every 2v2/koth round if you are still alive.
This is to prevent medics ubercharge from carrying over between rounds. Unfortunately
this also means that your k:d stats will be skewed, but its mge so why do you care about k:d?

-When you die in 2v2 and you are waiting for your teammate to die/win you will be moved to spec
in order to prevent you from respawning, this is supposed to happen.

-Spireking currently regens you every 5 seconds like turris, I think it’s more fun this way, but I am open to
feedback if people think theres a better way of going about regening people (ex. on kill, putting health packs on spire).

-In koth maps you must stand on the point model to cap the point, rather than the normal cap zone is. Unfortunately because
of the way koth is implemented there is no easy way of getting around this at the moment, so just stand on the actual point
for now rather than where the normal cap zone is. If this becomes too big of an issue I may look into fixing it but at the moment
I don’t believe it is that big of a deal.

-the roof of the shacks on spireking a little sticky, but it doesn’t really affect gameplay too much. If this becomes an actual problem,
please let me know.

-Paintrain doesn’t let you cap at 2x speed, (scouts do) because I haven’t been able to find a way to check if a player is using that specific
weapon with sourcemod, anyone knows a way please let me know.

-You cannot drop the flag in bball, due to the fact it isn’t an actual intel, but an ammopack. I may be able to code in a command for this if
enough people want it, but currently there’s no way to drop the flag.

New Maps!

2 new maps are also coming with the release of the plugin, both made by Jstn7477

mge_training_v8_beta4a:

-Viaduct
-Granary Middle
-Granary Last
-Badlands Middle
-Badlands Spire
-Gullywash Middle
-Waste Middle
-Snakewater Middle
-Gravelpit C
-Process Middle
-Trainyard
-Turris 1
-Turris 2
-Ammomod
-Ammomod [MGE]
-No Splash
-Endif
-BBall (2v2)

mge_dueling_v1:

-Ultiduo 1
-Ultiduo 2
-Spireking 1
-Spireking 2
-Turris 1
-Turris 2
-BBall 1 (1v1)
-BBall 2 (2v2)

Last edited by Vaskie,

ryse

encore

2v2 sounds fuckin awesome

Last edited by ryse,

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Sounds awesome!

Bonus

Best.

Guyyst

JI

I miss the old ammomod on maps like spire or granary. Would like to play with infinite ammo and 1200 HP on standard maps :(

Last edited by Guyyst,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Guyyst

I miss the old ammomod on maps like spire or granary. Would like to play with infinite ammo and 1200 HP on standard maps :(

connect 109.201.135.34:20034; password tiramisu

wackey

4SKINGS

wow fucking awesome

Chiakii

Looks good. Is there a Public Server Running 2.0 already?

userid_ivan

[AM]
GFM

we have updated our 2nd server with MGE 2.0.1 with the map mge_dueling_v1 if you want to give a try

connect pcw.gfm.tf:27019

Guyyst

JI

Quoted from fraac

[…]

connect 109.201.135.34:20034; password tiramisu

Awesome! Thanks <3

Tuto

8-)

woah that’s sick news

nwdlz

Sǒski

Wanna have a turrris like on turris_midair servers! Btw awesome update.

Drem

fgt

” Turris mode regens players every 5 seconds like the map Turris. ” – fucking yes !

cirno

NEED MORE MGE

LaMqTa

fenneks

sick…finally i can enjoy some mge :>

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »