Forum

Aid for the color impaired [Petition]

Created 1st October 2012 @ 21:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

BunBun

This is a color based game as most of us know, red vs blue, simple as that.

For some players colorblindness doesnt hurt how they play the game while some others have dramatic hindrances while trying to play.

I go by Monochromatic Bunny for those who don’t know me, the Monochromatic portion of my name is a reference to a genetic disorder that few have. It’s called Monochromacy (or in my case Rod Monochromacy). I have no cones in my eyes basically limiting the way I see.

I see in black and white

In a comp setting, this blows. Not being able to use my custom skins makes this game very hard. The real reason i’m bringing this up is to atleast give a try at changing something for the few like myself. While I know my chances are for naught, no harm in trying.

Let’s hear it!

I started out creating a small thread on the forums of UGC to try and get some assistance towards this issue in their league. It’s grown dramatically and now i’m reaching out to everyone to help promote this petition.

Please Sign This Petition – Link this thread – Share this Petition.
Get the word out anyway possible.

PS: Every shot you don’t take is always going to miss, there’s no harm in bringing this up :)

EDIT PSS: Colorblind mode only adds a jarate icon over jarate’d players :O don’t even TRY to bring that one up ;)

=============================

If your curious as to what playing TF2 in black and white is like there’s actually a console command for that! By typing
” mat_color_projection 4″ in console you’ll have all colors removed. To return it to normal put 0 instead!
courtesy of RedM00N

=============================

Petition Link Here
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/562/201/339/colorblind-options-in-team-fortress-2/

Last edited by BunBun,

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Done :)

BunBun

thanks <3

Sketch

MM

done

enwyze

Done too. Good luck!

Jörge

TSUN~
derptex9

Signed :)

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

thanks for bringing this up

BunBun

Quoted from TWEEKARN\

thanks for bringing this up

thanks for the support!!

nvc

i imagine something as simple as small triangle markers above team mates would help

Macisum

YOYO\'
syster

Quoted from nvc

i imagine something as simple as small triangle markers above team mates would help

My thought as well, works well for quake :)

ashkan

Have you spoken to someone at Valve directly?

I know at least Robin used to care a lot about these things, back when he was still working on TF2. I once simply mentioned a guy suffering from arthrogryposis. Robin immediately reached out to the guy, on his own initiative, and wanted to know how they can improve his TF2 experience.

Here’s another interesting example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2LnP3JgbM0&hd=1

Sir Villeta

TBNC

Done! Good luck!

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

signed, good luck with the petition.

You should email valve directly, if you haven’t already.

Wow, how did you play the game until now?

Anyway, signed and good luck with that.

LaMqTa

fenneks

Done! GL :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »