Created 27th August 2012 @ 05:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 Next »

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Reinstate Gorge for future success

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from TLR

Here are a couple of different suggests that I think really benefit the game in America.

Ruleset – As an outsider to eu tf2 who has been playing with the rules and restricitons of eu tf2 for the past month or so, I think changing up the win/time limit would speed up the pace of games which makes them more fun to watch and play typically.
Short time limits and a win-difference as apposed to a set number of rounds both make games much more time focused rather than point focused. What’s the point of pushing through a choke into an established defense when you are up and you just have to hold out for a short amount of time? Increasing the time limit and replacing the win-difference for a set win limit will produce more action and much less “bus parking.”

I don’t want to play 50 minute maps just because nobody hit 5 yet, and I doubt most others do.

Trane

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

I don’t want to play 50 minute maps just because nobody hit 5 yet, and I doubt most others do.

That’s less time playing per week than we currently do, Koeitje.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Trane

[…]

That’s less time playing per week than we currently do, Koeitje.

I prefer 2×30 min maps, a change of scenery. We can do 2x20min if the time is an issue ;). But jokes aside, having 2 maps a week makes pcw-ing less stale. I wouldn’t survive a week only playing Snakewater just because its in the pool for that week.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Trane

Fair point.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Just make gpit have it’s own week cause it takes so long to play. Especially when you have to start 21 cet, takes 2h to play gpit + another map, add pauses and delays and the match ends at 1 finnish time. GL waking up @ 5:00 for work.

alfa

here’s a good question, why don’t you just give it a try?

jabu

change is scary

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

It’s probably just me, but I can’t help but feel i’d get really bogged down by only the one map because ‘what is going to be different in the second half?’ unless it’s a close enough match up.

We’ve had games lately where we’ve been absolutely decimated in about 15mins on one map, to then win the second map.

I’d still like to see Viaduct :(

Vaskie

BulletClub

Quoted from Nymthae

It’s probably just me, but I can’t help but feel i’d get really bogged down by only the one map because ‘what is going to be different in the second half?’ unless it’s a close enough match up.

We’ve had games lately where we’ve been absolutely decimated in about 15mins on one map, to then win the second map.

I’d still like to see Viaduct :(

I understand what you mean, but from my experience following the ESEA League, during the time out between the first and second half, usually the teams go through some stuff (Conversations, Time to calm down, Go through Tactics or ideas, etc) which has made it to some extremely impressive come backs. Has happened quite a bit on the Invite aswell. It’s like a whole restart on the map.

Also, this would make it that Teams do have to practice that single map during the week since the whole League will be playing their games on it. So hopefully no more issues with finding a match for Obscure, Gravel Pit, Turbine (Even though some of these aren’t on the pool anymore), but you know what i mean.

I also believe we should have cp_process on our map pool. It’s been on ESEA for the last two seasons if i am not mistaken and from what i have been reading for a while on their forums, they are big fans of it. It’s a whole new take on a Capture Point map, giving it a slight new breath to the map pool, at the same time being kinda the same as before (So not a huge change that would put teams off it).

Last edited by Vaskie,

There really is no reason for anything to be changed. The European “SCENE” (I’m talking community here now), from everybodys POV (including the yanks that came over), is the better of the two. A scene where everyone drinks together, talks together, no matter what division the players are in. Sure there are rivalries, but you know all the people who talk shit online and troll won’t really be doing it to peoples faces (either they dodge [koeitje and alfa] or they actually do, but it really doesn’t mean anything [myself and dunc]).

The ruleset of the league didn’t change anything. Let’s be honest – this thread wouldn’t have popped up if a European team won LAN. If the Americans victory just came from the fact they completely outplayed us in terms of individual skill and teamplay (and they did), nothing needs to be changed. If the Americans victory just came from them having a ‘better ruleset’ than we did, then look back at that excuse and punch yourself in the dick. They beat us because they were better than us on the day. At its current rate (especially after i46 and similar plans for i49), TF2 is not dying, so the current formula is working.

If you want my opinion on how the European scene could go forward: get some admins which are high div players – just in case something DOES need to be changed. Really, it’s quite simply a joke how this isn’t a thing yet. It may sound biased and elitist, but top end players really do know what’s best for the game.

P.S: As much as you lot hate to believe it, practice does make perfect. I’m not blaming the Europeans loss on “herr herrrr we didn’t care so didn’t practice”, because we all wanted to, and the majority of us did. But the amount of hours the yanks dedicated to winning this tournament is insane and they completely deserved to win.

TL;DR: Paragraph 3, the rest of it is me sucking EU community and NA skill nuts.

Last edited by Shintaz,

Oafmeal

Sex sells… Improve your casting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFfpE5foxD4

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Dead in 2 seasons! Wait what?

h1

:3
BM

Quoted from Shintaz

….

+1

GeaR

Epsilon

Quoted from Shintaz

P.S: As much as you lot hate to believe it, practice does make perfect. I’m not blaming the Europeans loss on “herr herrrr we didn’t care so didn’t practice”, because we all wanted to, and the majority of us did. But the amount of hours the yanks dedicated to winning this tournament is insane and they completely deserved to win.

Yes, if we played our best and won this lan, we wouldn’t have deserved it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 Next »