Forum

THE REAL ISSUE OF EU TF2

Created 7th August 2012 @ 21:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »

Leif

I cant really complain about how admins are running this league, and I respect them for what they are doing as they put much effort in what they do, I agree that it would be better if there were some high div player in the staff.

Lets be honest, ETF2L isnt a competitve league but a community and people play mostly for have fun, but it cant be denied that are the prem players those who keep the TF2 scene going on. I’m pretty sure that people like Kaidus, Admirable or Skeej who always give criticism in a good manner when they have some and seems to always be helpful, can really help this league to improve.
May be admins could ask some of them if they want to help them even withouth they send an email with their candidacy.

And on the other sides, people should stop saying “admins doesnt listen to what they are told” or “they didnt even respond at my emai”. If you really want to be helpful then insist on your purpose, dont just throw the stone somewhere on the forum and then pretend you did your part.

And yes, admins have the right not to choose a player as a member staff if he behaves poorly like Koeitje did, even though he might good ideas.

By the way, ashkan and emb are completely right.

Last edited by Leif,

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from Leif

I cant really complain about how admins are running this league, and I respect them for what they are doing as they put much effort in what they do, I agree that it would be better if there were some high div player in the staff.

Lets be honest, ETF2L isnt a competitve league but a community and people play mostly for have fun, but it cant be denied that are the prem players those who keep the TF2 scene going on. I’m pretty sure that people like Kaidus, Admirable or Skeej who always give criticism in a good manner when they have some and seems to always be helpful, can really help this league to improve.
May be admins could ask some of them if they want to help them even withouth they send an email with their candidacy.

And on the other sides, people should stop saying “admins doesnt listen to what they are told” or “they didnt even respond at my emai”. If you really want to be helpful then insist on your purpose, dont just throw the stone somewhere on the forum and then pretend you did your part.

And yes, admins have the right not to choose a player as a member staff if he behaves poorly like Koeitje did, even though he might good ideas.

By the way, ashkan and emb are completely right.

Agree on just about everything but the “Not a competetive league”
If it weren’t a competetive league why would we even have one night cups each month, whole seasons with organized brackets, playoffs, *some* prizes etc.

I think if people want to see this League go further, they need to be more competetive and thus more keen to play and willing to improve.

Last edited by Regen,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Leif

snip

If you define competitiveness as ‘LOWDZA MONIES’, then you are surely looking at a wrong game.

Leif

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
If you define competitiveness as ‘LOWDZA MONIES’, then you are surely looking at a wrong game.

I didnt say anything about it, actually. The money that ETF2L put into the game and especially in the cups are enough, and I’m happy with it, thats probably the smaller problem but indeed it wouldnt be bad if there were some more for the higher divs, would it?

@ Regen. I meant “serious”, sorry. As I said, people mostly play for having fun.

Last edited by Leif,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Leif

[…]
I didnt say anything about it, actually. The money that ETF2L put into the game and especially in the cups are enough, and I’m happy with it, thats probably the smaller problem but indeed it wouldnt be bad if there were some more for the higher divs, would it?

My bad then, I generalized it a bit too much.
And no, it wouldn’t. But I still can’t agree on the lack of competitiveness part, as, as you worded it, being competitive and having fun are two completely different things. People might not take the competition serious, but that’s not an issue with the league (surely, promotion of a competitive atmosphere would do wonders, but that’s not the merit), it’s an issue with the players and their attitude. I, for one, look forward to each and every official I play in here, be it a regular season or a ONC, and give the best of myself in order to win. ‘Cause winning feels good, man.

Leif

Nvm

Last edited by Leif,

kuma

Now this might be completely wrong since I quit the scene like a year ago and haven’t been keeping up with the latest events, so just call me an idiot and move on if that’s the case.

Since I stopped TF2 I’ve been dabbling around in SC2 and Dota, and the “competitive atmosphere” in those two scenes are miles ahead of anything I experienced when I played comp here. What I mean by that is the feeling that you’re part of something big, something grand. I guess it’s to do with how many people actually play the damn game.

The way I think of it is, to be top of SC2 for example you need to devote your life to playing, even move to Korea, get into a gaming house where you play 24/7 or some shit. Now I’m not bad at games but there’s no way I can ever be GSL champ, or even top of the GM ladder for that matter. And who does that for TF2?

Giving your life up for TF2 would be a monumentally bad idea. The difference here is money of course – no dough no pro. Now that’s something that can’t really be fixed easily, it’s down to how popular the game is, how many people play it, how many people are interested in and watch the pros play. After all, the only way you make money back from any game is ad revenue, marketing exposure or donations. Unless you actually make the game yourself and throw money at it like a monkey throwing shit, the suits aren’t gonna do anything that doesn’t give them a net gain. And since suits can’t take donations, they need the ad revenue or marketing exposure or whatever which requires actual people to watch you play some video game.

So this talk of “oh x rule is shit, that’s why there’s no comp scene” or “unlocks are killing comp omfg” are all up the wrong tree. What you need are viewers. Nowadays there ain’t no CPL, no dumb mofos who throw money at e-sports for no reason. Unless you got a million dollars to throw at an International for TF2, the only way a game like TF2 can grow is from the ground up. I had a quick look at Vanilla and omg the streams! These things didn’t exist when I played. Streams are good, people watch shit like Destiny playing DayZ and look how that grew. Either have people in the community with enough character to get a nerd following or just copy SingSing for TF2, I don’t know.

Anyway, going back to the point of no real pros in this game. In my view it’s a good thing. It’s what makes TF2 unique. The culture of this wonderful game is all about fun. It actually made me go to an i-series and the last time I went to LAN was in like 2001. It’s good that all the top people are close. I talked to some of the top people here and that’s something near impossible in other games.

So after all that, I don’t really know what I want to say. I guess it’s that is growth really what’s needed for TF2? There needs to be a consensus on what people want for the game. Do you want it to be an SC2? It won’t really happen but you can try for it. But for me, TF2 is unique and beautiful so keep on trucking and stop trying to make it the next big thing.

Last edited by kuma,

evokje

WiK?

kuma4headadmin

atmo

I would like Torden to come back.

hycolours

_ainsley

I disagree with advertising on average pub servers – that would only serve to dilute the player base with low skilled players.
However I do think both ESEA and ETF2L need to set up some sort of partnership with TF2lobby to try and get the people who are already interested in playing in a competitive environment to join teams and join leagues. Even if it’s just a banner and a line of text I think it would make a huge difference.

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from hycolours

I disagree with advertising on average pub servers – that would only serve to dilute the player base with low skilled players.
However I do think both ESEA and ETF2L need to set up some sort of partnership with TF2lobby to try and get the people who are already interested in playing in a competitive environment to join teams and join leagues. Even if it’s just a banner and a line of text I think it would make a huge difference.

Everyone was once a low skilled pub player, if noone would have told me about etf2l i would probably still be a low skilled pub player.

Last edited by evokje,

Skyride

DUCS

Kuma just posted the greatest wall of truth ever written on the internet.

kaidus

WiK?

I think a lot of people write their posts in full of knowledge of what kuma states, and are more attempting to address what it needs to keep the talented/interesting players here long enough for “growth” to occur.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from evokje

Everyone was once a low skilled pub player, if noone would have told me about etf2l i would probably still be a low skilled pub player.

Evokje man, that’s just because you’re really bad. Like Don’t you know this guy has been in the TF2 scene since the beginning? He’s been advancing the meta ga-

hycolours

-nevermind.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from hycolours

so with your 31 days on etf2l, where did you come from? :/

edit: beaten to it, oh well :D

Last edited by Linus,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »