Forum

Different sens on different weapons ?

Created 27th February 2009 @ 19:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Iller

tGa

Hi !
As a soldier I like to have a fairly high mouse sensitivity when I use the rocket launcher.
However, I would like a lower sens on my shotgun to increase the precision on that weapon.

Therefore I wonder if somebody knows a script for doing this ?

TSL

i got
bind “…” “slot1;sensitivity …” for rocket
bind “…” “slot2;sensitivity …” for shoutgun

you use script for switch weapons?

cubeth

rda

either bind different sensitivities change to different keys (or to one key by aliases) and then press it when you change weapon, or add certain lines to your soldier.cfg

in my cfg it’s

bind “mwheelup” “+rl”
bind “1” “+rl”
bind “mwheeldown” “+sg”
bind “2” “+sg”
bind “3” “+melee”

alias +rl “slot1; cl_crosshair_file crosshair3; cl_crosshair_scale 25; viewmodel_fov 0; sensitivity 1.45”
alias +sg “slot2; cl_crosshair_file crosshair3; cl_crosshair_scale 25; viewmodel_fov 70; sensitivity 1.1”
alias +melee “slot3; cl_crosshair_file crosshair3; cl_crosshair_scale 50; viewmodel_fov 70; sensitivity 1.35”

so can alter sens, crosshair type, crosshair size and weapon fov for each weapon

NOTE: if you’re playing different classes you might want to add seperate sensitivity to respective class.cfgs as if you change your sens while playing, it stays if you change class.

Iller

tGa

Thanks for replying !

I switch between rocket launcher and shotgun using the “last weapon used” button.
Is it possible to switch sens using only this button ?

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Never alter your sens between classes or between weapons, its just dumb. If you only move your hand like me then I cant see why you’d want more than about 4 @ 1600 dpi for playing soldier, I can look up and around quite easily at this sens (that’s about 6cm for a 360) and hit most shotgun shots, obviously miss some on scouts but then who doesn’t? :D

sherpa

ruin your twitch aim

Rele

I have to agree, its best to get one sensitivity for every class & weapons tbh.

Anyway, to your question, I got an auto-reload script that allows normal weapons switchting per 1,2,3, lastinv(q) and mouse wheel. You could try using that and just add sensitivity lines (I already did it for you). The script will mess up a bit if you die while holding secondary or melee, but random weapons switching after spawning fixes it.

autoexec.cfg:

//——————
//Auto-Reload-Script
//——————

//Set up the specific weapons so that they will change to auto-reload as required

alias “weapon1” “+reload; slot1; sensitivity x; alias nextweap select21; alias prevweap select31; alias select1 weapon1; alias select2 select21; alias select3 select31;”
alias “weapon2” “-reload; slot2; sensitivity y; alias nextweap select32; alias prevweap select12; alias select1 select12; alias select2 weapon2; alias select3 select32;”
alias “weapon3” “-reload; slot3; sensitivity z; alias nextweap select13; alias prevweap select23; alias select1 select13; alias select2 select23; alias select3 weapon3;”

//Set up the previous weapon toggle

alias “select12” “weapon1; alias toggleweap select21”
alias “select13” “weapon1; alias toggleweap select31”
alias “select21” “weapon2; alias toggleweap select12”
alias “select23” “weapon2; alias toggleweap select32”
alias “select31” “weapon3; alias toggleweap select13”
alias “select32” “weapon3; alias toggleweap select23”

//Initialize script

select12

//Binds

bind “q” “toggleweap”
bind “1” “select1”
bind “2” “select2”
bind “3” “select3”
bind “MWHEELUP” “prevweap”
bind “MWHEELDOWN” “nextweap”

Soldier.cfg:

//Set up the specific weapons so that they will change to auto-reload as required

alias “weapon1” “+reload; slot1; sensitivity x; alias nextweap select21; alias prevweap select31; alias select1 weapon1; alias select2 select21; alias select3 select31;”
alias “weapon2” “+reload; slot2; sensitivity y; alias nextweap select32; alias prevweap select12; alias select1 select12; alias select2 weapon2; alias select3 select32;”
alias “weapon3” “-reload; slot3; sensitivity z; alias nextweap select13; alias prevweap select23; alias select1 select13; alias select2 select23; alias select3 weapon3;”

//Initialize script

select12

You can add the Lines from Soldier.cfg to the other class.cfgs as well, just change the +reload to -reload for weapons that cant fire mid-reload and change from -reload to +reload for weapons that can fire mid-reload (first line being first weapons, 2nd line 2nd wepaons and 3rd line melee). Also dont forget to change the sensitivities then if you do so.
+reload will mess up with minigun so change it to -reload.

Note: If you use this, you cant switch to your pda as engy and to your disguise kit as spy with mousewheel, you will have to use buttons 4 and 5.

Regards

Iller

tGa

Thanks for the responses, I will experiment a bit.

I use sens 5.0@1800 DPI which I find perfect for the rocket launcher. However, around 3.5-4 would be more suitable for the shotgun.
You might be right that it will screw up the twitch aim a bit in the beginning, but I think I can get used to it.

Macisum

YOYO\'
syster

Haha, sounds aweful, but gl :D

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Seriously, you’d be better off dropping your sens down to 4.9, then 4.8, 4.7 etc etc daily till you reach a point where you think it suits your shotgun. I used to play on 6 @ 2000 dpi, hit loads of airshots etc, but nothing else :D I wonder now how I even managed to play on that sens, your hand and brain soon gets used to a lower sens

Iller

tGa

Yes, you are probably right that the best idea is to try to lower the sens bit by bit instead.
Actually, I have been doing that for some time.
Not too long ago I used sens 20@800DPI. It felt wonderful for my rockets, but I couldn’t hit anything with my shotgun.

After this I have been lowering my sens step by step. I also just move my wrist and not the arm so I cannot lower it to much however. I don’t want to loose my ability to do 180-degree-turn flick shots at scouts surprising me from behind either.
However, probably it is possible to go a bit lower to something around your sens.

g0d

sens 1 for rockets and shotgun ftw. Play with medium sense and just keep lowering it 1 bit at a time.

Add A Reply Pages: 1