Forum

Unlock Dilemma

Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

Thomas the train

Quoted from Setlet

Let anyone with over 1000 days in ETF2L to vote.

inb4 someone checks my profile.

Would those not be the “vets”? And where have they led you?

League is diminishing.
Map pool always has multiple maps that are “bad”
Static league play.
Top division losing its best talent and becoming static.

I’m not even saying ” you have to do this, this and this.” I’m just saying play around with these ideas test
the shit out.

Hell maybe even have the top teams of division do the testing and confer with them.

Last edited by Thomas the train,

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from Thomas the train

[…]I’m not even saying ” you have to do this, this and this.” I’m just saying play around with these ideas test
the shit out.

EU players have played with unlocks in 6v6 for years before overwhelmingly opting to play vanilla.

If I was starting to lose interest in TF2, then simply having a stick that knocks a medic’s health to 40hp isn’t going to be enough to keep me playing. Players come and go, and that’s fine. I think I’d rather the scene focus more on promotion for big public sites and creating resources for new players (there are many unsung people who do plenty of this already), than spending time arguing about which unlocks should or should not be allowed on forums. I’d prefer just to play the game.

I’m no “unlocks hater” (i love highlander, for instance), but things are a lot better now than in Season 9.

Thomas the train

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]

EU players have played with unlocks in 6v6 for years before overwhelmingly opting to play vanilla.

If I was starting to lose interest in TF2, then simply having a stick that knocks a medic’s health to 40hp isn’t going to be enough to keep me playing. Players come and go, and that’s fine. I think I’d rather the scene focus more on promotion for big public sites and creating resources for new players (there are many unsung people who do plenty of this already), than spending time arguing about which unlocks should or should not be allowed on forums. I’d prefer just to play the game.

I’m no “unlocks hater” (i love highlander, for instance), but things are a lot better now than in Season 9.

Lol oh come on you know as well as I do, that the Escape plan and gunboats are the second most game changing unlocks right behind kritz.

Obviously other things need to change in terms of strats/rules to get out of the stalemate stuff, but a fast,versatile, potent and self reliant roamer is HUGE.

Last edited by Thomas the train,

mrwhizz

Shut up.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from mrwhizz

Shut up.

Thomas the train

Quoted from mrwhizz

Shut up.

That’s a very hostile approach, could you explain why? I see no reason for such an aggressive stance to someone who you do not know, that’s mean sir.

Xerofset

DMS!

[…]

That’s a very hostile approach, could you explain why? I see no reason for such an aggressive stance to someone who you do not know, that’s mean sir.

Quoted from mrwhizz

Shut up.

wpminnows

[PG]

plz allow escape plan ty

[…]

Would those not be the “vets”? And where have they led you?

Maps and rules I enjoy a lot.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

The example that is always used is that Prem were the ones to suggest the demo limit 1. Many people opposed it, claiming that prem couldn’t adapt etc

Now it would be unthinkable to go back to 2 demos.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

[…]

Lol oh come on you know as well as I do, that the Escape plan and gunboats are the second most game changing unlocks right behind kritz.

Obviously other things need to change in terms of strats/rules to get out of the stalemate stuff, but a fast,versatile, potent and self reliant roamer is HUGE.

I’m all of those things with a vanilla setup, it’s not unlocks that need to change, just attitudes.

AnimaL

Quoted from Enef

[…]

I’m all of those things with a vanilla setup, it’s not unlocks that need to change, just attitudes.

i agree, unlocks dont need to change, ppl need to realise that tf2 with unlocks just plain sucks

Extremer

I thought boston basher uber building was pretty cool.

Last edited by Extremer,

Nicolas Cage

BM

Unlocks is one thing but holy shit the maps. One thing I miss about playing in NA was the maps. Badlands -> Gully -> Granary -> Maybe snake if you are feeling CRAZY -> Repeat.

Watching the ESEA lan finals on cp_process reminded me how much I miss the maps.

While I don’t enjoy freight as much as the next person – I wish that I could at least find some people to play viaduct_pro or even warmfront once in a blue moon.

Mort

#YOLO
swimp

Quoted from Extremer

I thought boston basher uber building was pretty cool.

So did I. It gives all the classes the opportunity to build über and the heavy classes are not “wasting” ammo.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »