Forum

Mouse Troubles

Created 25th February 2009 @ 21:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Grem

rEJ
TG

My mouse (Logitech MX518) has been acting up since the update last night. The mouse works fine on my desktop, but as soon as I start playing TF2, it starts quitting in between for like 2secs, after which I can hear a windows beep in the background (like it’s found a new hardware or something) and goes back to normal. It’s been doing this every minute or so and makes playing pretty much unbearable. I reinstalled the drivers, but the problem still persists.
What happens is when it stops working in game, the optical light under the mouse goes out, and then comes on again, but like I said, it works fine on my desktop. Anyone know a solution to this?

Had the same problem with one old mx518 mouse. To fix the problem I hade to get a new one.

Grem

rEJ
TG

Was hoping that wasn’t the case.

Nor

rda

Got the same problem with my G5

TonyGappa

GoT<3
HoT<3

Had the same problem, bought the updated version…

Norris

strange the same happened to me with my mx518 two weeks ago. it worked well on desktop but died in tf2. could solve it by let it run on a direct usb port instead of my hub. doubt it’s a solution for ever.

Grem

rEJ
TG

Hmm, that might be worth trying out Norris. It seems when the mouse is under stress, like playing a game or something, the power cuts out or something. Might remove some unwanted USB peripherals and give it a try.

skinnie

TCM

had kind of the same problem yesterday after the update with my deathadder : my mouse didnt respond for like 3 secs a couple of times

i rebooted and it works fine now

Grem

rEJ
TG

Reboot didn’t work. Changing to a different USB port didn’t work either. I guess this MX518 is at the end of it’s life. Shame. It got me through so much :(

eoN^

Tried completely uninstalling the drivers then re-installing them?

(By uninstall i mean through control panel > device manager)

Tappaa

Got Milk?

i have still the same prob. with my copperhead with my other mouse it works fine >.>

Grem

rEJ
TG

Yup, I went an got another mx518 and the problem is solved. I think it was just at the end of it’s lifecycle. Oh well!

Had a similar Problem some weeks ago.
Was the time when i bought a new Mouse, because my old one, also a mx518 had some Problems.. it still worked, but sometimes it just freaked out. But, on an other Comp it works fine, and because i set my pc 2 days before that Problem appeared up, im not so sure what the problem was.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

It is always a short in the cord, it’s happened to 3 G5 mice for me, and many other people.
Easiest way to tell if your mouse is on the out, pick up the mouse, hold the cord about 30cm away from the mouse, and gently pull the cord and the mouse away from each other.

If you get the disconnected hardware and then reconnect, then your mouse is pretty much dead and even if it only happens once every 10 games or something, it will get more frequent so i’d suggest you return it or buy a new one.

mulk

my g5 did the same. The cord was worn out, but luckily i still had my guarantee and got it replaced with the new 2 button model.

Add A Reply Pages: 1