Forum

Good FPS Config?

Created 24th February 2009 @ 03:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

yin

1 standard questio n300 fps is max right?

I assume so. I get anything upto ~100 until I get anywhere near action. The ram is 4×512 dunno if that would make a difference.

rtan

-9w-

my pc.. running xp64.

2gb ddr3 ram
e6850 dual core 3.0ghz
8800gtx 512mb

I have everything on low… I was even using m0res config with dxlevel 8 and I was only getting an average of 70fps. Surely I should be getting more? I realise I may just have to reinstall windows, but anyone got any tips before I resort to that?

I’m aiming for a comfortable 100 constant.

xtala

Resolution?

rtan

-9w-

Haha, quite high. 1680 x 1050. I still managed a constant 100 before the updates though :(

Anyways, I’ve mucked about with the config a little and I seem to be getting a semi decent fps. But now I’m getting a bit of lag on my rockets. Maybe something to do with my rates?

This is what I have just now.

rate “30000”
cl_updaterate “66”
cl_interp_ratio “1”
cl_interp “0.01”
cl_lagcompensation “1”
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck “0”

Qun

GoT<3

A low interp is not really a must as soldier. You can easily go for interp_ratio 1.5 and interp 0.03 ;)

gryzor

Yes, the interp would be the “problem” with “laggy” rockets.

And _don’t_ mess around with interp_ratio, since TF2 is a O.B. game, not CSS.

antyjc

2ne1

O.B game?

gryzor

Orangebox, different engine.

To be perfectly clear: All css “tricks” does not apply to tf2, since cl_interp is locked to 0.6x in css and cl_interp is unlocked in o.b. (was not from the beginning, it was done in an update pretty early in tf2)

If you want to get below 0.6 in css, you have to mess with interp_ratio, this is not necessary in TF2.

rtan

-9w-

Cheers folks, I’ll try that out.

Marvelous

S |

Unfortunately I fucked up my settings with some configs :S I have a question guys, can I revert to default in some way ? Or mb someone has a virgin config with default settings ?

Cheers, marv

Just start the game with -autoconfig in the launch options and you’ll get a config.cfg with the default values.

Marvelous

S |

tnx, that did solve the problem <3

eoN^

Just for the future you lot should ALL make backups before changing anything in your config, especially bigger changes, it saves alot of time testing commands one by one etc…

nubonamission

burn

“1 standard questio n300 fps is max right?”

No, there is no limit to FPS. Although, the fps_max command is by default at something like 300. But setting this variable to 0 of course removes all cap on your FPS.

@ eoN^ – I disagree, just use the -autoconfig launch option to restore defaults

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »