AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 37 38 39 ... 73 Next »

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]
Can’t agree more. There are quite a few red flags here:

– Anakin says: Plugin only takes clientside screens, no insight in how he does this? Why don’t you just make it opensource? Other people can help you, overall it will improve.
– No way of blocking it, nor any warning. If you dislike Google, Facebook or any other sort of privacy intrusion website, you can choose not to use it. I don’t know when this plugin is installed … So I can’t get around it.
– All the screens/data go back to Anakin alone right? Yeah, major red flag there.

How can you all just sit here and act like “OMG BEST THING EVER, THX ANAKIN” :/ I am not claiming Anakin is stealing all my gay prons but by being so obscure I can’t really say you’re legit either.

You’re incredibly naive if you think you actually have to visit google or facebook for them to be able to monitor you.

Squirry

nNT ≠

I think he means whatever incidence. But the problem is already Tarkus has not been mentioned at all during this time, and I think Matnun either, and the rest either as well. So that may be the powerful solution we’re seeking.

Quoted from Mercyless

[…]

No one gives a fuck, if you don’t trust the plugin then don’t use it
as for it installed on other peoples’ servers, well DEAL WITH IT. As no one can prevent from installing it say, on my server and there is noway for you to know
so yeah..

Nice attitude man. Well, sadly for you, someone does give a fuck and someone won`t install every shit that someone offers.

Someone mentioned before how we should all install this because if we are legit we have nothing to hide. Same goes for Anakin, if he has nothing to hide (especially from people like Spike and Angel who put a lot of energy (and money) in ETF2L), let him post a wall of text describing how all this works.

“It’s all in the Source SDK.” Great explanation!

AnAkkk

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]

– Anakin says: Plugin only takes clientside screens, no insight in how he does this? Why don’t you just make it opensource? Other people can help you, overall it will improve.
– No way of blocking it, nor any warning. If you dislike Google, Facebook or any other sort of privacy intrusion website, you can choose not to use it. I don’t know when this plugin is installed … So I can’t get around it.
– All the screens/data go back to Anakin alone right? Yeah, major red flag there.

How can you all just sit here and act like “OMG BEST THING EVER, THX ANAKIN” :/ I am not claiming Anakin is stealing all my gay prons but by being so obscure I can’t really say you’re legit either.

I have already answered that opensource questions many times (hi chris), but will do it again. If it’s open source, it will help the cheat coders know how some of the detections work and it will be very easy for them to bypass it.
If you want to catch cheaters you better not let them know that there is a plugin taking screenshots, or I doubt you’ll catch much of them.
And how are these screenshots anything confidential at all? They don’t show your credit card number AFAIK. Unless your HUD or crosshair is meant to be confidential, I doubt that though.

Quoted from Lythiium

It’d be better if it was possible to change the system so that instead of taking a screenshot every X minutes, it worked along side the actual plugin. So for example, if it detects a potential triggerbot, or wall hack or whatever, it took screenshots of the circumstances. And if it flags someone a number of times, then to take regular shots every so often.

That way, those who are actually innocent, and haven’t been flagged with a hack, will have peace of mind – that no screenshots will be taken of them.

You’ll most likely have more reliable shots as well, as they’d be taken at the time of flagging. You’d also, surely, have a lot less shots to look through.

Only one or two of the guys (out of a dozen) that were catched through screenshots actually had a potential triggerbot detection, so I don’t really think it’s a good idea.

Mits

Quoted from Crazyman

I’m gonna respond to this as a person who doesn’t know much, but wouldn’t making it open-source make it easier for people who create hacks to actually find a way around the AC?

Quoted from Crazyman

The exact same solution as for the websites you pointed: if you do not feel safe playing TF2, don’t play TF2?

Quoted from Mits

[…]
The exact same solution as for the websites you pointed: if you do not feel safe playing TF2, don’t play TF2?

I should stop playing TF2 because somebody created a 3rd party plugin and doesn’t warn me about it if it’s on a server? Are you for real?

Last edited by Crazyman,

Squirry

nNT ≠

Already with a warning before joining in the server you’d be enough warned.

Mits

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]
I should stop playing TF2 because somebody created a 3rd party plugin and doesn’t warn me about it if it’s on a server? Are you for real?

Not my point, just saying it isn’t that different from the Websites you mentioned, as you can choose not to play it

Quoted from Mits

[…]

Not my point, just saying it isn’t that different from the Websites you mentioned, as you can choose not to play it

No, you don’t get it. What you are suggesting is like not using the internet, because Google and Facebook are on there…

If I really wanted to dodge Google and Facebook, I could do that. I could block their tracking cookies, I could install stuff to avoid it. I cannot avoid a 3rd server plugin server side if I do not know it’s installed.

I have already answered that opensource questions many times (hi chris), but will do it again. If it’s open source, it will help the cheat coders know how some of the detections work and it will be very easy for them to bypass it.
If you want to catch cheaters you better not let them know that there is a plugin taking screenshots, or I doubt you’ll catch much of them.
And how are these screenshots anything confidential at all? They don’t show your credit card number AFAIK. Unless your HUD or crosshair is meant to be confidential, I doubt that though.

What’s to bypass if it takes screenshots via Source?

Last edited by Crazyman,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Ignorance is a bliss. For the ignoramus, that is.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]
No, you don’t get it. What you are suggesting is like not using the internet, because Google and Facebook are on there…

If I really wanted to dodge Google and Facebook, I could do that. I could block their tracking cookies, I could install stuff to avoid it. I cannot avoid a 3rd server plugin server side if I do not know it’s installed.

sounds like cheater talk to me

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]

No, but if you play on online servers that you’re not owning, you are taking the risk of having malicious server plugins affect you. If you don’t want this, get your own server. But if I have a server of my own I can use whatever plug-in I feel like, even without informing you that I have them if I so desire.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

inb4 this topic falls into a volcano and returns to destroy the galaxy.

in a galaxy far,
far away….
It is a period of civil war.
Rebel spaceships, striking from a
hidden base, have won their
first victory against the evil
Galactic Empire. During the battle,
Rebel spies managed to steal
secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate
weapon, the Death Star, an armoured
space station with enough power to
destroy an entire planet. Pursued by the
Empire’s sinister agents, Princess
Leia races home aboard her starship,
custodian of the stolen plans that can save
her people and restore freedom to the

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

From a hack POV this is incredibly easy to avoid, as usual anakin is relying on the secrecy to catch as much as possible cheaters by surprise. If this was announced I’m pretty sure Matnum & others would have stopped cheating (for a while).

Also this is boomeh all over again. Remember back then? he only used a radar he said. Well turns out he was using much more. He got caught triggerbotting too. But it’s ok, he’s a nice guy (and not banned).

Nace was undeniably cheating too, still not banned. (although I blame this one on AnAkIn’s failure to work with etf2l).

I’m also surprised so many cheats are so lazy to take basic prevention methods. I mean it’s *really* easy to prevent your hax from getting screenshotted from how anakin is doing it.

Spike Himself

TC

Fine, don’t answer.

TC servers are herby no longer running this plugin.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 37 38 39 ... 73 Next »