No TF2 Promode ?

Created 12th December 2011 @ 22:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Greg2fram

[…]
Yeah, it seems that a lot of people agree with this idea.

Can someone please explain how to have these bright colors ?

Yes

http://www.psdgraphics.com/file/yellow-highlighter-pen.jpg

Dak1ne

Quoted from Spike Himself

Valve did give us mp_tournament, whitelists, class limits, in-game items as league prizes, they participate in showmatches (including robin walker himself), ..

To suggest they don’t care about the competitive scene is a bit silly.

Also this whole promode thing is proposed as if it’s 15 mouseclicks and voila the whole game is changed. Sadly that’s not how it works ^^

right !
They were working on a project with TF2 competitive players supposed to be tf2 beta…remember?
this game is getting worse and worse update after update…
Freezing and so many FPS loss……..

Last edited by Dak1ne,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dak1ne

[…]
right !
They were working on a project with TF2 competitive players supposed to be tf2 beta…remember?
this game is getting worse and worse update after update…
Freezing and so many FPS loss……..

Yep, and that beta project still exists, but nobody cares to actually play it so there’s not much valve can do!

octochris

(0v0)

[…]

Yep, and that beta project still exists, but nobody cares to actually play it so there’s not much valve can do!

Valve never listened when people did, either. If that’s not demotivating, I don’t know what is.

Califax

dyn.

If the point of this green-opponents stuff is purely to be able to see them earlier, why stop there?

Let’s get a minimap with dot’s on it to show the opponent’s locations, and have giant green arrows float 10ft. above there heads…

No.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Valve never listened when people did, either. If that’s not demotivating, I don’t know what is.

They have decisions to make based on the feedback they get. You should know better than this :)

freshmeatt

‹Con›

In case some of you haven’t noticed, TF2 is free now. Go grab an old build from somewhere, rename the package to tf2promod.rar and there you have it.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The question is does anyone have a build that old?

Also, is that what they did with CS promod? Tf2 was my first comp game so idk how cs promod came about

octochris

(0v0)

[…]

They have decisions to make based on the feedback they get. You should know better than this :)

And they made a grand total of… oh, let’s see, zero.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from octochris

[…]

I liked skyride’s view on this topic.
(A post not about highlighters THO I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM)

It’s not in valves best interest to promote 6 v 6 play.

Short version
Highlander is better for them to promote as it promotes the use of all classes. (look at tf2 blog more interest in highlander games than 6 v 6s shows its pretty clear)

(can’t remember the whole of Adams point)

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Si^

[…]

I liked skyride’s view on this topic.
(A post not about highlighters THO I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM)

It’s not in valves best interest to promote 6 v 6 play.

Short version
Highlander is better for them to promote as it promotes the use of all classes. (look at tf2 blog more interest in highlander games than 6 v 6s shows its pretty clear)

(can’t remember the whole of Adams point)

Afaik, they promote anything you ask them to. I do not think they ever denied to publish something ETF2L asked them to.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from octochris

[…]

back in april they tried to nerf the equaliser by making two different equalisers, one that did the damage and one that had the speed. The only feedback they got werr confused pubbers saying the eq wasnt op and didnt need a nerf. Honestly, with the amount of absolute shit they have to wade through on the beta forums you cant blame them for being a bit apprehensive with implementing every change we ever mention.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Enef

[…]

back in april they tried to nerf the equaliser by making two different equalisers, one that did the damage and one that had the speed. The only feedback they got werr confused pubbers saying the eq wasnt op and didnt need a nerf. Honestly, with the amount of absolute shit they have to wade through on the beta forums you cant blame them for being a bit apprehensive with implementing every change we ever mention.

Should have just ignored everyone that doesn’t play comp tf2 at a decent level. And yes, I actually believe that. It sucks, but with the amount of shit spouted, that would have helped.

Last edited by octochris,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from freshmeatt

In case some of you haven’t noticed, TF2 is free now. Go grab an old build from somewhere, rename the package to tf2promod.rar and there you have it.

Quoted from Enef

The question is does anyone have a build that old?

It wouldn’t work unless you want to play single player or run “cracked” servers (which I guess is a viable option apart from the complete lack of VAC). TF2 may be free but it’s still a steam game that steam keeps updated.
It’s also a huge hassle to get an old version working, more so than getting used to the vanilla ruleset, from a pubber’s point of view ))

Last edited by Spike Himself,

droso

o/

I just wish the ETF2L config/whitelist would allow the “solid color textures pack”.
That would be absolutely awesome.

Last edited by droso,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »