Forum

TF2 Instagib - Revived once more??

Created 28th September 2011 @ 04:22

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »

hykleri

make it happen

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Do I have to show you who’s boss again lofty ;)?

rezOnanceUK

Üb

I’d love to play this.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the thread, but use the machina bullet trail when shooting to make it seem like a proper railgun!! :D

Stimpy

Quoted from Skyride

Probably the only mod in 3+ years of tf2 i’ve really enjoyed. Go for it. Also i wouldn’t worry about buying servers. IDK (as shrew said) can probably host it for you.

IDK has an instagib server, but due to bugs its disabled. untill they are fixed i highly doubt this will take off unfortunatly, The random crashes being the main issue. where it totaly crasher tf2 with error hl2.exe not responding. which is prob linked to the random spawning outside of map, or on the middle turbine of ctf_turbine.

Any coders prepared to look at the mod and fix it would be awsum, however due to my efforts to get coders to look at it. I had little or no results.

For those that dont know what this mod is… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjUhyBZlY5I

Feel free to experiance the bugs… Connect 88.159.60.32:27027

Last edited by Stimpy,

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

wait. wasn’t the plugin broken? iirc it was so bugged, it was basically unplayable.
and as the OP doesn’t mention anything about it, i guess this won’t happen without getting a decent coder to help. basically you need someone to rewrite it as the code is as close to impertinence as it can get. srsly, don’t even look at it.

also: it’s absolutely possible to equip a scout with a sniper rifle.

edit: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1171266&postcount=73 to source

Last edited by dave,

Stimpy

Quoted from dave

wait. wasn’t the plugin broken? iirc it was so bugged, it was basically unplayable.

Would’t quite go that far, but beware of random drops outs and having to kill @ the start.

also: it’s absolutely possible to equip a scout with a sniper rifle.

I belive that is it impossible, however I heard randomizer does. so maybe this can be done now?

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

Quoted from Stimpy

Would’t quite go that far, but beware of random drops outs and having to kill @ the start.

i would categorize the first as a showstopper and (though there’s no need for another reason) the second as such an unnecessary annoyance, your players cba.

Quoted from Stimpy

I belive that is it impossible, however I heard randomizer does. so maybe this can be done now?

it’s absolutely possible to equip a scout with a sniper rifle (has been for 1.5years now or sth). while you are at it, it’s two more lines to give the tracer-attribute to the normal rifle. or to strip the other attributes from the machina. actually all of the basic stuff that makes instagib what it is, is easy. if i had the time i would rewrite it from scratch myself – but i’m totally packed with projects.

Pricee

has $w@G

already made by my good american friend Nite of pwnshop, most if not all of you would never of heard of it, so It basically negates all self damage done to the player and the admins can set any weapon at all to go into instagib.

The server is a free american one atm and isn’t always up, it’s just a test server, since our community is very small and we need to build a firm donator base for an EU server. The instagib mod is not run 24/7, and the server has mods like kamikaze, nuke, rtd. It is a non-serious server, and is meant for fun.

The server is also on the f2p list so random people will join for roflstomping, custom file download is needed to join.

IP is 68.193.39.78:27016

Last edited by Pricee,

sc.lofty

Quoted from Pricee

already made by my good american friend Nite of pwnshop, most if not all of you would never of heard of it, so It basically negates all self damage done to the player and the admins can set any weapon at all to go into instagib.

The server is a free american one atm and isn’t always up, it’s just a test server, since our community is very small and we need to build a firm donator base for an EU server. The instagib mod is not run 24/7, and the server has mods like kamikaze, nuke, rtd. It is a non-serious server, and is meant for fun.

The server is also on the f2p list so random people will join for roflstomping, custom file download is needed to join.

The main focus point of TF2 Igib was the rail-jumping mechanism. It added a totally fresh element to any Igib game I’d seen before. Most have bunny / wall jumping for fast paced movement control, while TF2 Igib had overcharged rocketjumping allowing for some of the fastest paced, highest skilled Igib I’ve ever seen.

sc.lofty

—-DOUBLE POST—-

Last edited by sc.lofty,

sc.lofty

Quoted from dave

it’s absolutely possible to equip a scout with a sniper rifle (has been for 1.5years now or sth). while you are at it, it’s two more lines to give the tracer-attribute to the normal rifle. or to strip the other attributes from the machina. actually all of the basic stuff that makes instagib what it is, is easy. if i had the time i would rewrite it from scratch myself – but i’m totally packed with projects.

Yes, you can add the tracer, and make it so it does 450 damage noscoped, producing instagib. Problem is, you’re stuck on the ground with basic movement.

As my post above explains, tf2 igib was centred around the rail jumping mechanism.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Pricee

IP is 68.193.39.78:27016

maybe you should remove 500GB of BG music on the server.
download takes ages

Pricee

has $w@G

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

download takes ages

He said he wouldn’t sorry :3

Last edited by Pricee,

Lateralus

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

download takes ages

You can just tell TF2 not to download any custom sounds in multiplayer options.

buggerking

Awesome, I’ve always loved this mod and hated the fact that nobody played it.

Please revive it!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »