TF2 gambling - Bets coming soon

Created 7th August 2011 @ 07:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Cyber

TLR

Hmm, nice idea

i can donate some scrap

Quoted from JimTheMagicJumper

You’d be best off just starting with a parimutuel/tote system for win/draw/lose to see how popular this will be, also means you won’t have to determine odds yourself.

That’s not such a bad idea to start off with, but I think it’d get boring fairly quickly. The only reason I’m jumping into allowing people to bet scrap and win with odds is because it’s more fun. Scrap, in most cases, is extremely easy to acquire, which makes it easier for people to come back and enjoy betting. In my case, I’ve had (as you can see) many offers for scrap donations, so the ‘business’ keeps running through the help of the community. It’s also not that hard to grab a scrap for one weapon nowadays on trade servers – and weapons get found every day!

Also, the choice of betting on ‘who gets the first airshot’ in a match should only make that game more fun to watch and ultimately make people enjoy spectating TF2 moreso than they already do.

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Shintaz

[…]

That’s not such a bad idea to start off with, but I think it’d get boring fairly quickly. The only reason I’m jumping into allowing people to bet scrap and win with odds is because it’s more fun. Scrap, in most cases, is extremely easy to acquire, which makes it easier for people to come back and enjoy betting. In my case, I’ve had (as you can see) many offers for scrap donations, so the ‘business’ keeps running through the help of the community. It’s also not that hard to grab a scrap for one weapon nowadays on trade servers – and weapons get found every day!

Also, the choice of betting on ‘who gets the first airshot’ in a match should only make that game more fun to watch and ultimately make people enjoy spectating TF2 moreso than they already do.

These first airshots etc are bit harder to notice, would need a server plugin to do such a thing. Id go first with win/lose or tie.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Or you could watch the game and see who gets the first airshot! :O

Possible that this system could be tested tonight on the showmatch – yay or nay?

Scratch that, who knows what Robin might pull out of his sleeve to make the game unbelievably one sided :D

Last edited by Shintaz,

herpderp

DAKKA

I’d be willing to bet my hard earned scrap on some matches.

Imperium

No personal objections, but I’d recommend you don’t do it for profit. So if you get a spare 3 refined you should craft it and give it to either someone completely random or whoever wins a bet with the highest odds or wins the most etc etc.

Also, feel free to contact me about ultiduo cups. I’m sure we could get something going for finals day games.

Few small updates.

Decided to get it kicking off on the quarters/semis/finals of the upcoming Ultiduo cup. Will also be taking bets on any decent scout 1on1 matchups we see from now until it finishes. In both of these cups, you’ll be given the chance to win more scrap than just by voting ‘this team wins’ by betting on a certain score (2:1, 2:0 etc for ultiduo, 11:5, 11:10 etc for whiskas).

i43 will be the biggest upcoming event for officials and such, so I guess we’ll have to wait until then. May open a couple of weeks before so you can place bets on who will win the whole thing from the very beginning to try and secure a load of scrap.

@Imperium: The idea I had was that whatever profit was made would go to the person that’d be helping me (not sure who yet, there’s a lot to look for) and just… stay in my backpack for the bets. The donation offers have been great so far, I may be contacting some of you shortly (but hopefully not, I think I’ll be able to supply around 50 scrap to get it started).

P.S: Would be handy if, you are going to gamble/donate, that you would join this steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GamblinginTF2 (announcements/schedules may come in handy too)

Last edited by Shintaz,

Great feedback and amazing numbers so far. Seems this project is in full gear.

Do us a favour and idle in the IRC channel – it’ll probably be the hub of everything and where you contact one of us to make a bet: #tf2.bets

There are upcoming events which we’re all prepared for. Huge shoutout to Cyber, Linus, Imperium and all of the donators.

Last edited by Shintaz,

ilike2spin

RLM

inb4 match fixing

laerin

-9w-

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000292668

Scammer/Spammer here. Sent me some message with a link about free CoD through the group. Didn’t bother reading it properly and just closed it.

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

Oh god, this is the most retardation thing ever.

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from ilike2spin

inb4 match fixing

Underground tf2 Money (hat) matches.

I need this.

Cyber

TLR

Quoted from laerin

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000292668

Scammer/Spammer here. Sent me some message with a link about free CoD through the group. Didn’t bother reading it properly and just closed it.

Yep, sent one to me too
Been dealt with :)

Excello bets open today yo

Last edited by Shintaz,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »