Forum

autoexec

Created 29th June 2011 @ 00:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Dummy

crashed couple o days ago and my autoexec isnt working, that is chris’ cfg isnt working, gfx back to normal etc.
tried reDLing it but didnt work, WAT DO.

mrwhizz

Tried -autoconfig in launch options?

Dummy

Quoted from mrwhizz

Tried -autoconfig in launch options?

had that in there already

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
had that in there already

lol isn’t that the problem?
-autoconfig resets your config to the game default
you need to take it out! :D

Jammi

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

lol isn’t that the problem?
-autoconfig resets your config to the game default
you need to take it out! :D

Using all the logic that I have of using steam for 3 days, I will risk and say that you are quite wrong my friend. The minus sign indicated that he is removing the command. If he had just a plain “autoconfig” in there, it would reset every time as it does by default, but putting the “-” in front of it removes the command from the auto executable configs.

doks

Quoted from Jammi

[…]
Using all the logic that I have of using steam for 3 days, I will risk and say that you are quite wrong my friend. The minus sign indicated that he is removing the command. If he had just a plain “autoconfig” in there, it would reset every time as it does by default, but putting the “-” in front of it removes the command from the auto executable configs.

nop… Admirable is right

insanity

Quoted from Jammi

[…]

Not rly, you actually need a “-” before every command. Admirable was right, he needs to take out the -autoconfig, as it resets his game back to default everytime he launches it.

Edit: Damn, doks beat me to it. :7

Last edited by insanity,

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

You need more than 3 days of experience, Jammi.

OT: Don’t forget to disable steam cloud in-game before -autoconfig, it can pretty much return your configs back (Unless Valve actually disabled it by default).

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from Jammi

[…]

lol

Cooler

4Queens

tried this? http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/misc/reset.bat into cfg folder

Last edited by Cooler,

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Jammi

[…]

The “-” is required for regular Launch Options http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Launch_options.

you would add a “+” infront of the command to modify cvars upon launch http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2_cvarlist

Add A Reply Pages: 1